Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunscreen

• 22-04-2013 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

What is the best sunscreen for sensitive skin ,also burn easily
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have simillar problems with my skin and I usually use La Roche Posay. I'm thinking of trying one of their tinted ones thats just out. I don't like to use a lot of make up when I can avoid it and I'd normally use Olay total effects for fair skin for a little colour in winter but the spf in it is very low. It isn't very expensive and its recommended by dermatologists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I have simillar problems with my skin and I usually use La Roche Posay. I'm thinking of trying one of their tinted ones thats just out.

I bought the tinted liquid recently and am loving it. Haven't tried it in strong sunlight yet but it hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation and I find the tinting to be at a nice level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I would highly recommend Elave SPF 45. I bought it online but some pharmacies may stock it. Way better that LRP in my opinion. Plus its Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

Same as that jadie,have used LRP,didnt do anything for me,best i have found is boots soltan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tony Quinn do a great lotion. The bottle doesn't look huge but it does last for a while. I get quite nasty heat rash (haha I end up looking like super-ted) my hands normally get it very bad and I found this great for keeping it at bay. I might break out the first day in the sun but then it calms down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Sultan Once (by Boots) is great - I use their kids suncream for extra protection! I don't have sensitive skin but my sister uses it on her son (who is 2 years old and has incredibley sensitive skin - reacts to nearly everything) and on herself (again, very sensitive skin) with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jsd1004

http://www.soleilorganique.com/sun-protection/the-dangers-of-chemical-sunscreens/

Just a heads. Up. Sunscreen may be doing more damage to both the person and the environment. Some of the ingredients in common sunscreen are known to accelerate skin cancers and disrupt hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 binbin2000

Mineral sunscreen is best for sensitive skin because it creates a physical barrier on the skin without penetrating into it, unlike chemical sunscreens, but do a patch before applying on whole face in order to check for allergies. To know more, you can visit allergic to mineral sunscreen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

This is a 10 year old thread, please don't post in zombie threads. Closed. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement