Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto Tank Recommendation?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting away from the cleros because of the lack of flavour. Just wondering what would people recommend as the best carto tanks out there at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

colly10 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting away from the cleros because of the lack of flavour. Just wondering what would people recommend as the best carto tanks out there at the moment?

For what device? Egos? Then kir fanis Petra comes in highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

StickyIcky wrote: »
    For what device? Egos? Then kir fanis Petra comes in highly recommended

I'm using a vamo, will take a look at the Petra tank, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Kir Fanis Petra tank if you're going to put it on an ego style device. Some people say it's a wee bit awkward to fill but it's actually not bad at all when you get the hang of it. Word of advise though - don't think cleaning it with boiling water is a great idea unless you want to end up with a cracked tank!
    Also, buy an ego adapter ring if you're going to put it on an ego device.

I'm using a vamo, will take a look at the Petra tank, thanks

AGR on a vamo goes well. Locks the carto in. Has a fill hole on the top. But is pretty heavy. On the vamo its balanced out by the vamo weight but on an evic its top heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

best carto tanks out there at the moment?

Depends on the budget. Do you want something that works, or something that looks good and or has a glass tank as opposed to plexi/poly tank?

The 3.5ml DCT tank work a treat with any carto and are as cheap as chips.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

AGR on a vamo goes well. Locks the carto in. Has a fill hole on the top. But is pretty heavy. On the vamo its balanced out by the vamo weight but on an evic its top heavy

My AGR tank broke down VERY quickly though.I was using normal juices (nothing known to destroy tanks) and it ended up cracking after a month.Not to mention the amount of juice that gets pissed out through the air holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 awatch

superneat wrote: »
    Depends on the budget. Do you want something that works, or something that looks good and or has a glass tank as opposed to plexi/poly tank?

Hey SuperNeat. Do the DCT tanks need flanged cartos or will any cartos work? As to Kir Fannis tanks, have you any idea how to get hold of one. I've been trying for weeks and all the usual places are out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Ya I use one for work the odd time. Punch my own boges to go with it, no flange. Had a Killer in one for a while :p

IMG_0680.JPG

The Kir fanis are nice but a bit pricey. Here are some savage tanks that won't break the bank and look the muts nuts.

KM Carto tank €29

IMG_0621.JPG

Wee Boaby Tank £27

wee_boaby2-500x500.jpg

Ya I use one for work the odd time. Punch my own boges to go with it, no flange. Had a Killer in one for a while :p

IMG_0680.JPG

The Kir fanis are nice but a bit pricey. Here are some savage tanks that won't break the bank and look the muts nuts.

KM Carto tank €29

IMG_0621.JPG

Wee Boaby Tank £27

wee_boaby2-500x500.jpg

You're a gent. Really appreciate the info :-)

I find out the dct tank slips off too easily without a flanged carto. Had a number of spills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The small u-dct tank looks really good on an ego and wont come off, but you gotta use flanged carts and a dct thread cover.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    The small u-dct tank looks really good on an ego and wont come off, but you gotta use flanged carts and a dct thread cover.

I would like this option but flanged carts are expensive and dont seem to preform as well. Or am I wrong?

Where's the cheapest place for flanged carts? Maybe I'll give them another go...

I would like this option but flanged carts are expensive and dont seem to preform as well. Or am I wrong?

Where's the cheapest place for flanged carts? Maybe I'll give them another go...

Not sure, probably TBS with the discounts-quantity and code, he is getting in some new flanged fillerless ones soon, flanged are expensive bastards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I find out the dct tank slips off too easily without a flanged carto. Had a number of spills.

Slips off? Upwards? Ming style drip tips stop that unless you're a fan of swinging your device by the tank.

Hey Grindle, Seems like you are featuring in review videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5OzHo_rQcg&feature=youtu.be

Jaysus, he says my name a lot.

And now I feel like I invented sanding chromed brass!

Yay! Go me!

"That grindle fella sure is a sound lad!"
    -grindle

Insidious fame creep, nothing can be done to stop it!! Next thing you Phil Busardo, Todd and Scott will be forming a boy band :p

No Grimm Green? Hah? Gotta have THE poster boy for vaping there. I'd be the Victoria Beckham of that group, all spindly-legged and useless.

Forgot about Grimm Green. Sure he is only ever available on Sundays so would completely shag up touring dates :)

Nice one Grindle, educating the masses,
    KEEPING THE SCENE ALIVE!!!!!

• Advertisement

Where's my ticker-tape parade? :(

Cork county council wouldnt allow it. They said they never heard of a "Grindle".
    Wtf like?

Advertisement