Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Ulster Bank] Adapt account info

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I have an Adapt account with Ulster Bank. I'm currently 17 but will be 18 in May. I plan on going to college next year so I will get a Student Account at that stage.

What happens when I turn 18 with the Adapt account? Will I automatically be switched to an Adult Current Account? Or do I get to stay with the Adapt until I get my Student Account?

This is especially relevant in light of the fact that they are bringing in maintenance fees for adult accounts soon!

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The account can not be upgraded.

You will need to get a new account. Wait until the announce the student account packages. You will need your proof your a student etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stephendore

Sorry, I don't what you're talking about?
    It clearly says on their website that they may change you to an Adapt account when you turn 18. So yes, the account can definitely be upgraded, although it wouldn't be much of an upgrade due to the fees!

And what do you mean about student packages? They have Student accounts right now, I'm just not in college yet so can't get one. I just want to know what will happen in the 5 months or so between when I turn 18 and when I start college!

Thanks for trying to help, but I feel like you missed the point!

Sorry, I don't what you're talking about?
    It clearly says on their website that they may change you to an Adapt account when you turn 18. So yes, the account can definitely be upgraded, although it wouldn't be much of an upgrade due to the fees!

And what do you mean about student packages? They have Student accounts right now, I'm just not in college yet so can't get one. I just want to know what will happen in the 5 months or so between when I turn 18 and when I start college!

Thanks for trying to help, but I feel like you missed the point!

You can not change an adapt account into a student account. It will be a new account number and you'll have 2 accounts, one adapt and one student.

Student package = new interest rates on loans/overdrafts/perks(if any) to whats on offer now.

Nothing will happen between now and when you turn 18 and to when you open a new account. The account will run as normal. If you enquire they may ask/insist to upgrade it to a standard current account. Tell them your going to get a student account and they will leave it be until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stephendore

Ahh ok, that's good news :) I was just worried that, when I turned 18 they would just automatically switch me to a standard one!

So if I don't do anything, they won't bother changing it, but if they do say they are going to change it, I should just tell them that I'll be getting a Student account anyway

Thanks!

Yes, they can not change your account without seeking your consent however they could insist as you are in breech of T&C of the adapt account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement