Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can we stop Ireland from being a victim of terrorism?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

How you we stop people creating duplicate threads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Eh we took steps already, it was called the good friday agreement.
    You'd swear like 'The Troubles' never happened and Dublin and Belfast never got bombed ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Sure we'll be grand. Sure aren't we always laughing in Ireland. Last night I came in and I put the rashers in the toaster ha ha ha ha. No one would want to harm us, all we do is travel the world, sleeping in cement mixers.

Tommy Tiernan when he was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

How you we stop people creating duplicate threads?

Great, that'll help save our children from terrorism. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

The same way we did in the thread below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Stock up on iodine tablets and cheese, it'll be one we can tell our grandkids about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Well not going to the media saying we have people stationed there when very few people would know that would be a start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If a United Ireland were to ever come to fruition should we expect the UVF and LVF to just start targeting cities and towns in the south, either through crude pipe bombs or random shootings?

If they did sure we'd get the Israelis in to advise us on how put an end to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

How can we stop/minimise the chances of Ireland being attacked?

I dont know, how?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Terrorism is just harmful breaches of law that get alot of press
    They happen year round in every city always have always will.

Now 9/11 was an act of war ....thats a different story altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

If they did sure we'd get the Israelis in to advise us on how put an end to it.

Sure half of Mossad travels on Irish passports anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

has anyone suggested blowing up the terrorists yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Kill or imprison everyone with a beard.
    November would be a good month to rack up a few kills if your friends are getting ahead of you on the leaderboard.

Not only will you stop terrrorism but put an end to that god-awful movember.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

Terrorists have bigger fish to fry than "Ireland"

Half of them probably don't even know we exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Well getting all hysterical is a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

pharmaton wrote: »
    has anyone suggested blowing up the terrorists yet

We could out-terrorise the terrorists. Preemptive strikes on primary schools where junior terrorists are being trained in the ways of terrorism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Lets do what we always do when we need to lick up to forners and make them love us; dig up their Irish roots. Open an O'sama Bawn Layden theme park in Letterkenny, discover that King Billy was actually of the O' Ring clan from Westport, and Kim Jong Un was almost certainly descended from the famous Jong-Uns of Kerry (now anglicised to the Healey-Ray name).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pinewoo wrote: »
    Terrorists have bigger fish to fry than "Ireland"

Half of them probably don't even know we exist.

I reckon that figure closer to 95% of terrorists worldwide.

And of the 5% who aware of a place called Ireland, I'd guess that about 4.9% of them couldn't give a toss about us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Sand monkeys can't afford atlas's, hence why we have not, and shall not be the victim of a terrorist plot*.

*Self inflicted terrorism not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭heartseeker

Should we not worry about our own financial terrorists in the Dail first or is al-queda out to get us moreso??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Bring back the RA, lots of good reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Bin Laden's daughter was in trinity for several years, and I'm pretty sure she didn't travel here r live here without someone looking over her, so it'd be safe to say they know we're here, but why would they attack a "neutral" country who has educated and supplied free housing for suspected terrorists under the banner of asylum seekers??
    To even think that we would be attacked is to give in to the "terrorists"!! They want to instill fear in people and it seems like that's what they've done with you OP!!
    Think happy thoughts instead of fearing what will, more than likely, never happen!! The only terrorist group we have to fear for the foreseeable future is FF/FG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    Terrorism is just harmful breaches of law that get alot of press
    They happen year round in every city always have always will.

No, it isn't. Terrorism is always politically motivated. Calling anything bad that happens 'terrorism' is just bs. It's a word used far too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Why do you want to stop the terrorists though? They could turn Ireland into a Stone Age paradise, just like they did the Middle East, where we can all bask in the glory of Allah.

I eagerly await the day the brave mujahideen bring forth this land of milk and honey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

CCTV everywhere, chips in people to monitor their movements, throw anyone brown out of the country (no more sunshine holidays) and ensure the media instills fear everyday. It's the only way to be sure....to be sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CCTV everywhere, chips in people to monitor their movements,
    Why bother putting chips in people when almost everyone already carries a personal tracking device with them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Better foreign relations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

I don't want anyone to be killed by terrorists in Ireland. :)

With the Boston bombings and the failed Canadian plot in the last week, add in the London and Madrid bombings and other bombings on civilians around the world how do we minimise our risk?

We have troops in Afghanistan which puts a black mark against us by the crazies in Kabul. We're not as high profile granted, but we would not be considered a truly neutral country by them. We also let the Yanks use Shannon which would be strike two against us.
    Do ye think the Massereene Barracks shooting gets us back a point? That might sound silly but AL-QAEDA’S MAIN SPOKESMAN in the United States was preparing a message to the people of Ireland in an attempt to encourage the country to convert to Islam.

If a United Ireland were to ever come to fruition should we expect the UVF and LVF to just start targeting cities and towns in the south, either through crude pipe bombs or random shootings?

How can we stop/minimise the chances of Ireland being attacked?

Maybe ALL ISPs can censor all extremist related material in any shape or kind so impressionable minds can be protected.
    That would be a start but many would feel that would be in against the spirit of the Internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Why bother putting chips in people when almost everyone already carries a personal tracking device with them ?

Because you can leave that at home or attach it to a cat to throw off the authorities. Unless we bring into law that a person must carry a smartphone with them at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Bin Laden's daughter was in trinity for several years, and I'm pretty sure she didn't travel here r live here without someone looking over her, so it'd be safe to say they know we're here, but why would they attack a "neutral" country who has educated and supplied free housing for suspected terrorists under the banner of asylum seekers??
    To even think that we would be attacked is to give in to the "terrorists"!! They want to instill fear in people and it seems like that's what they've done with you OP!!
    Think happy thoughts instead of fearing what will, more than likely, never happen!! The only terrorist group we have to fear for the foreseeable future is FF/FG!!!

Dear o Dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Rubeter

No, it isn't. Terrorism is always politically motivated. Calling anything bad that happens 'terrorism' is just bs. It's a word used far too often.
    Terrorism is a tactic, "An action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end", the specific end does not have to be political in order to call the tactic used to achieve it terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

CCTV everywhere, chips in people to monitor their movements, throw anyone brown out of the country (no more sunshine holidays) and ensure the media instills fear everyday. It's the only way to be sure....to be sure.
    Ok, we've done all that already. What else? (BTW, just to be sure, is it important if they're oven or deep fried and does talk of reposessions fully cover the last bit?)

Nodin wrote: »
    Dear o Dear.

Am I wrong, in your opinion??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

"RTE said those in custody were originally refugees from Morocco and Yemen, but had gained asylum and were in the Republic of Ireland legally."

I assume this is what you linked too?? Kinda backs up what i said previously!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Surprised the whole place has blown up as Ireland is the most popular place in the world for a terrorist cell to hide out and plan things.

It's the clouds you see, the gubberment satellites can't see through clouds. True fact that I may have made up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"RTE said those in custody were originally refugees from Morocco and Yemen, but had gained asylum and were in the Republic of Ireland legally."

I assume this is what you linked too?? Kinda backs up what i said previously!!

No it doesn't. They were targeting one specific person with a motive to murder him, however warped that may be. But they didn't come over here with intent for terrorism and hide behind the guise of asylum. Which is how you put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Not pissing off Muslims seems a good start

• Advertisement

So just because they were only targeting one person doesn't make them terrorists?? Just acting the maggot where they? That may not have been their intention when they arrived in the Country but thats how it ended up, willing to terrorise a person for a doodle they found offensive!! I feel that Nodin was unhappy that i pointed out that asylum seekers receive free housing and are entitled to education!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

Nuke us from space

It's the only way to be sure,.,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So just because they were only targeting one person doesn't make them terrorists?? Just acting the maggot where they? That may not have been their intention when they arrived in the Country but thats how it ended up, willing to terrorise a person for a doodle they found offensive!! I feel that Nodin was unhappy that i pointed out that asylum seekers receive free housing and are entitled to education!!

Saying that means all forms of assault is "terrorism." Don't get carried away with yourself too much there. If they weren't muslim, perhaps it'd just be a bunch of mad fools? Because that's all it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

Any links to a Garda scanner stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RUN TO THE HILLS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We have had enough bombings,shootings and murders to last a millennium on this Island,if any outside group attacks the citizens of this country the backlash would be horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How can we stop Ireland from being a victim of terrorism?
    I don't want anyone to be killed by terrorists in Ireland.

Thankfully most of the terrorism in Ireland/Northern Ireland is well behind us now, specially since 1998.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Some sort of pre-emptive war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yep. Its the whinging about asylum seekers I have a problem with. The whole "free housing" crap. If you get on the housing list, your claim has been granted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement