Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybunion - The ITR Review

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice one Kevin, not a pretty sight seeing your own swing :o

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

slave1 wrote: »
    Nice one Kevin, not a pretty sight seeing your own swing :o

A pretty good work in progress, I'd say, considering you've been out of the game. And 32 points is nothing to be sniffed at in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Pretty poor to expect players to pay a €95 green fee and then play off mats, were you informed when booking that mats would be in play on the tee boxes? With the mats had you a choice of tee to play from, from the video of the 12th it looks like the blue, white and green stones are all side by side which I don't think is really acceptable for April and especially for the asking price of their green fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Kevin, when we played it a few months back, the general consensus was that they looked as if they were shaping up to allow buggies onto the old course...newly laid paths etc looked as if they were designed with buggies in mind, did you happen to ask about that?
    We never settled our curiosity after the round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Kevin, when we played it a few months back, the general consensus was that they looked as if they were shaping up to allow buggies onto the old course...newly laid paths etc looked as if they were designed with buggies in mind, did you happen to ask about that?

I actually noticed the paths in particular, they are complete now and look very good indeed, well constructed and good drainage incorporated, very easy to use with the usual electric/pull trolley.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Good read Kevin. 17/30 is telling on the fees issue isn't it?

Never played it but on the must-do list.
    What was Patrick wearing? :confused:

Pretty poor to expect players to pay a €95 green fee and then play off mats, were you informed when booking that mats would be in play on the tee boxes? With the mats had you a choice of tee to play from, from the video of the 12th it looks like the blue, white and green stones are all side by side which I don't think is really acceptable for April and especially for the asking price of their green fees.

No, not informed - then again, it was a freebie.

In fairness to the course, the weather has caught out a lot of golf clubs, and while I don't remember the formal 12th tee, I know the 14th tee box was being upgraded, as was the 17th... hence the mats.

But no, all the tees were on the same mat.

No, but I will.
    Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Good read Kevin. 17/30 is telling on the fees issue isn't it?

Never played it but on the must-do list.

I could tell you, but then Patrick would have to kill you - and me.

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    I could tell you, but then Patrick would have to kill you - and me.

"After we finished and Patrick had revealed an intriguing secret about what he had been wearing for the round, there was a strong interest in the clubhouse’s steam room."

Plastic Bag???
    Spill the beans :)

"After we finished and Patrick had revealed an intriguing secret about what he had been wearing for the round, there was a strong interest in the clubhouse’s steam room."

Plastic Bag???
    Spill the beans :)

Ah yes, the beauty of punctuation... if only I had added a comma after 'After we finished' we might not be having this conversation... if only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

No, not informed - then again, it was a freebie.

In fairness to the course, the weather has caught out a lot of golf clubs, and while I don't remember the formal 12th tee, I know the 14th tee box was being upgraded, as was the 17th... hence the mats.

But no, all the tees were on the same mat.

I presume it was only them 2 or 3 holes off the mats Kevin? I played in the abondoned scratch cup the day before and they were the only mats in play.(8, 12 & 17 if remember correctly). Everywhere else was off the normal tee boxes.

denisoc16 wrote: »
    I presume it was only them 2 or 3 holes off the mats Kevin? I played in the abondoned scratch cup the day before and they were the only mats in play.(8, 12 & 17 if remember correctly). Everywhere else was off the normal tee boxes.

Those three and 14 as well.

Nope - no buggies allowed on the Old (they are allowed on the Cashen). Paths are being updated for obvious and aesthetic reasons.

Nope - no buggies allowed on the Old (they are allowed on the Cashen). Paths are being updated for obvious and aesthetic reasons.

Glad we were wrong in our assumptions. Cheers Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

It was a great day out. Thanks again Kevin.

Advertisement