Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from IT to BioInformatics?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I am a software developer with 7 years experience. I applied for and got offered a role at UCL, London for the position of Research Associate (RA) in BioInformatics on a 4 month project.

I'm also interviewing for a contract software development role that I think I've a big chance of getting.

I'm torn between deciding what I want to do. I have much more interest in science than tech. My interest in science comes from reading popular science books from Dawkins to Sagan. I have an MSc in computing but have no biology background.

Can anyone help me with my decision? I have to take into account the large drop in salary and the fact I'd be back on the job market after 4 months if I take the UCL gig.

Advertisement