Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with garden fencing....

• 23-04-2013 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

My neighbour has put up new timber fencing on his side of the boundry divide in the back garden(i live in a semi-d).
    Yesterday i was checking my fencing as it needed to be painted come the good weather,but i noticed that the new panels my neighbour had fitted are screwed into mine!So if i want to change my panels i will need him to unscrew his side first so i can then slide my panels out...!
    Are these panels supposed to be fitted this way?I thought that to fit them all you had to do was cut to size and slide them down between the cocncrete posts?
    Any advice or opinions would be welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

My neighbour has put up new timber fencing on his side of the boundry divide in the back garden(i live in a semi-d).
    Yesterday i was checking my fencing as it needed to be painted come the good weather,but i noticed that the new panels my neighbour had fitted are screwed into mine!So if i want to change my panels i will need him to unscrew his side first so i can then slide my panels out...!
    Are these panels supposed to be fitted this way?I thought that to fit them all you had to do was cut to size and slide them down between the cocncrete posts?
    Any advice or opinions would be welcome.
    Thanks.

A cheeky way of doing things without permission. I would have a word with your neighbour, mention your possible plans and to remove any fixings into your panels. An alternative solution for your neighbour would be to attach timber battons on the facing side of concrete 'H' posts and to screw fix his pasnels into the batton son his side only. At least this will ensure that the current dividing panel is not interfered with.

Might be much easier for both sides to remove and discard the old panels and share the costs for a new replacement panel fence?

Advertisement