Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaroon Display Stands - where to buy?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Horrendously expensive on e-bay. Just need a small one for up to 30 macaroons. Not talking about cake stands but one specifically designed for macaroons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I had to Google it as I didn't know what a macaroon stand looked like - couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one http://www.pastrychef.com for $129.99!!!! I would get some cardboard, loo roll cores a glue gun and pretty scrapbooking paper and give it a go myself!! Wouldn't look as perfect though. Sorry I can't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They are stacked clear plates with a middle section to hold up the next bit.

Going by this, they look straightforward enough.
    http://www.pastrychef.com/MACARON-DISPLAY-STAND_p_2068.html

For 30 macaroons, you need 3 plates. 4 inch, 5 inch and 6 inch. Would be good if the bottom one was a cake stand with a leg on it.

Cut two rectangles of cardboard out of conflake boxes (2inches tall, or as tall as your macaroons) and tape them into a circle for the center to stop your macarooms rolling back, and hold the next plate up. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

What about a styrofoam cone, these are often used to display them, cocktail stick stuck into cone with a bit sticking out to impale macaron on.

These cones can be got from Decobake in Clane and probably in their Athlone and Dublin shops too. If you google it you will see the way they are done with the cones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks for all the suggestions. Might go with the styrofoam one as it seems to be the least hassle!

Advertisement