Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting an original eircom number from upc back to eircom

Options
  • 23-04-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I cant bear to phone eircom again regarding this, because I will lose my cool, so would be grateful if someone could look into this.

My father rang eircom a few weeks ago to get his eircom phone line reconnected. Which they did.
    I then phoned to port his old number back fom UPC. I was asked to do a verbal porting contract over the phone. Rang a few days later to see what was happening with that and was told they had no record of the porting verbal contract, so was asked to do another verbal contract.

Phoned a few days later, and was told it was not possible to port number back, something to do with different exchanges. The girl said there was something she could try, and she would ring me back in a few days. Of course, she didnt phone me back.

So I phoned eircom again. Every time I ring it takes me about 5 minutes to go through everything. The guy told me we couldnt get the old phone number back because it was in use. He put me on hold, but somehow he put me through to cancellations. 
    I told cancellation I was through to the wrong department, he said he would try to help me anyway, I went through everything again, blah, blah, blah, He said, sorry I cant help you with that, put me on hold again. I was on hold so long, I had to hang up.

So my father (in his 80's) then says he would ring eircom, and was told no problem, the guy he spoke to checked the old phone number, and said it wasn't in use. and was asked to do The Verbal porting contract again (for the 3rd time) and it would take up to 10 days. I told my father I had already done the verbal contract (twice).

I know this is long winded, but why do I get a different reply whenever I phone eircom

I can PM account details. thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I cant bear to phone eircom again regarding this, because I will lose my cool, so would be grateful if someone could look into this.

My father rang eircom a few weeks ago to get his eircom phone line reconnected. Which they did.
    I then phoned to port his old number back fom UPC. I was asked to do a verbal porting contract over the phone. Rang a few days later to see what was happening with that and was told they had no record of the porting verbal contract, so was asked to do another verbal contract.

Phoned a few days later, and was told it was not possible to port number back, something to do with different exchanges. The girl said there was something she could try, and she would ring me back in a few days. Of course, she didnt phone me back.

So I phoned eircom again. Every time I ring it takes me about 5 minutes to go through everything. The guy told me we couldnt get the old phone number back because it was in use. He put me on hold, but somehow he put me through to cancellations.
    I told cancellation I was through to the wrong department, he said he would try to help me anyway, I went through everything again, blah, blah, blah, He said, sorry I cant help you with that, put me on hold again. I was on hold so long, I had to hang up.

So my father (in his 80's) then says he would ring eircom, and was told no problem, the guy he spoke to checked the old phone number, and said it wasn't in use. and was asked to do The Verbal porting contract again (for the 3rd time) and it would take up to 10 days. I told my father I had already done the verbal contract (twice).

I know this is long winded, but why do I get a different reply whenever I phone eircom

I can PM account details. thank you

Hi alexonhisown

I'm sorry to hear of this, please PM me the account details and phone number you would like to port back to eircom. Please also include some contact details for you and I will investigate this and do my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Al

Advertisement