Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on planting hedges

• 23-04-2013 11:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Just want to put hedges down the back garden for privacy issues.Are they hard to plant and how much do they cost.

cheers for any info im pretty clueless in gardening:P

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think it's a bit late for bare root at this point - you'd be looking at €1-€2 per plant for bare root, planting each one about a foot apart. but you may be hard pushed to source them now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Is there any way I can go into some gardening place and pick up a few 6 foot hedges and just plant them into the ground?
    Any ideas how much theyd be?

Thanks from a novice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you should ring this crowd and see if they still have bareroot available:

http://www.futureforests.net/default.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭secman

Think OP is looking for 6ft hedging plants for instant results, bare root will not impress him, only twigs in his view I'd imagine !

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

mean gene wrote: »
    Is there any way I can go into some gardening place and pick up a few 6 foot hedges and just plant them into the ground?
    Any ideas how much theyd be?

Thanks from a novice.

You can but best find a nursery close to you. Depends where you live and type of plants required. Also cost will dep. On plants chosen and how many.
    photinia red robin and laurels will be available in pots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I will be planting a copper beech hedge in the next few weeks. I source most of my plants in clondalkin nurseries because its a lovely place and the people are lovely there and you can haggle :)

Advertisement