Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alienare

Options
  • 23-04-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Planning on getting myself an alienware computer for gaming and multimedia. Anyone know if they are value for money? Would i be better off building myself? Just general thoughts on Alienware and Dell altogether would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Anyone know if they are value for money? Would i be better off building myself? Just general thoughts on Alienware and Dell altogether would be nice.

Worst value available. Build yourself is a much better option, you'd probably save 25% to 50% of the cost of an Alienware. Dell also do anything to no honour a warranty. I've had dell in court twice over not following their legal obligations.

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

Alienware - Robbing ya without breaking in to your house.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056907965

HWVS will build it for ya or great if you can do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

While they are lovely to look at, that's what your paying for. Looks.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

more like AlienBeware

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

For the same price you'd spend on an Alienware you could build yourself a machine that would dwarf it's power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RonanPony

Just got my m18x from dell, specced with twin gtx 680's came out 4,500 not bad value compared to sager and the clevo can even max crysis, battery lasts about 4 hours doing my college work i don't see why people say that they are over priced the build quality is amazing and i'm the envy of all me friends at lan parties

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Godzilla-Facepalm-godzilla-30354011-640-387.jpg

To the op. Make a thread in the building and upgrading forum and fill out the questions from the stickie. A custom build would be far better value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Thanks everyone..... Personal build it is!

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

RonanPony wrote: »
    Just got my m18x from dell, specced with twin gtx 680's came out 4,500 not bad value compared to sager and the clevo can even max crysis, battery lasts about 4 hours doing my college work i don't see why people say that they are over priced the build quality is amazing and i'm the envy of all me friends at lan parties
    lol....i think....yea lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

That's crazy money you spent just to get that. A custom built of similiar specs would be a way cheaper and would eat the Dell alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Christ, I hope this is a wind-up.

Advertisement