Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog control notice, Wicklow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I am not in the wicklow area.. but a question..
    do I need to bring with me the license when I go for walks with my dog?
    I have the license, but I was leaving it at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

jsabina wrote: »
    I am not in the wicklow area.. but a question..
    do I need to bring with me the license when I go for walks with my dog?
    I have the license, but I was leaving it at home!

No, you dont need to bring with you on walks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well he must be out of hibernation because a friend of a friend met the warden last week and was asked for his license (like he'd have it on him) because the dog was off lead when it should have been on... And my friend just txt me to say her husband just met him (dog was prob off lead too) in Griffth Park in Drumcondra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

rochestown wrote: »
    Just spotted this on Broadsheet - might be of interest to anyone with a dog in the Wicklow area... http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/04/23/do-you-have-a-dog-and-live-in-wicklow/

Might be in response to the mutilation & destruction of flocks of sheep in the area - it was all over Eastcoast Radio yesterday; terribly sad. Dogs apparently being let run free every day & Ewes & lambs torn to shreds or left mutilated & having to be followed from trails of blood and put down.

Re Griffith park has anyone reported the unreasonable behaviour of that warden yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Re Griffith park has anyone reported the unreasonable behaviour of that warden yet?

The dog warden or the other fella? ;) Not that I know of - he was there around 3:30 and the place was packed with kids etc because of the sun so that would have been a no-brainer for me to keep my guy on - apart from a swim in the river of course which I don't count as park terrotory lol :pac: He just walked over and asked them to put the dogs back on the lead - apparently he was very nice and was chatting to them for 20 mins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement