Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an investment

Options
  • 23-04-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for advice on buying a apartment I tramore . Would be looking to rent it out most of the time.

Can anyone just tell me what Costs there is with buying an apartment and also pros and cons of renting it out???

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rather than listing the pros and cons of becoming a landlord, and letting out a property- I'd suggest you read this forum for the many stories people have of their own experiences.

One question- are you in the market for holiday lets (given, it is Tramore) or are you looking for good long term tenants. They are totally different markets, with totally different pros and cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bren157

Banks very slow to lend for apartments. You will probably need 40+% deposit, costs of furniture, legal, valuation, engineer, and then property insurance and perhaps life assurance on the loan. You then need to consider cost of property tax, registration of a tenancy, mgt fees, etc. All in all, rental property is not haf as attractive financially once you drill down. Good luck with it...

Advertisement