Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1l Nandos Sauce Bottles

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

At Christmas I bought my husband a 1 litre bottle of Nandos hot sauce from Debenhams on Henry Street. They had a stand of loads of Nando's products at the time.

Being incredibly clumsy at the moment I dropped said bottle all over our kitchen floor and there was a hot sauce genocide - all has gone to the great Nandos restaurant in the sky. I want to get him another bottle but I'm not sure if they still have them in Debenhams. I was thinking it might just have been for Christmas. Has anyone seen them recently? I'm 7 months pregnant so was hoping I could source one for definite somewhere before making a wasted trip. I can't find a number to contact the store directly, the contact us is for general enquiries (buying online etc) and there's no Nando's products on their website.

Does anyone know if the Nando's stores here sell sauces in the restaurants? I was thinking that would be my next option but I can't remember seeing them there and I have a funny feeling they are 750ml bottles, not 1 litre bottles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Try phoning this number -
    Debenhams
    Henry st 1 Co. Dublin
    D1 Dublin 1 (Dublin city)
    (01)8147200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Try phoning this number -
    Debenhams
    Henry st 1 Co. Dublin
    D1 Dublin 1 (Dublin city)
    (01)8147200

Just tried it - number no longer in service :( Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Does it have to be the Nando brand? They have some decent sauces in LIDL atm, got some yesterday, they are fine, imo

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Does it have to be the Nando brand? They have some decent sauces in LIDL atm, got some yesterday, they are fine, imo

Yep, has to be Nandos, husband is a Nandos fiend! We do have other hot sauces in the house but I'm trying to replace something I broke and I feel bad about it so would like to get the same thing. Tesco etc have small bottles (125mls) but I'm looking for the big 1 litre bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Did you try this phone number: 1890 946 779

After that I'm all out of ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

They're selling it in lidl this week

They're selling it in lidl this week

I think, we are talking about the same ;)

Didn't check the name on the bottle though, it is in work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They have it in Superquinn and it was advertised in the latest Lidl insert. Plus you can buy it from Nandos restaurants directly.

Thanks for the number! I got through to the UK where the guy did a stock check for me. It is just a Christmas thing so they're not in stock at the moment and the Nando's stores only stock 330ml bottles. There is one 1 litre bottle for sale on eBay but it's medium, not hot or extra hot.

Looks like he'll be getting a smaller bottle as a replacement. Oops!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks for the number! I got through to the UK where the guy did a stock check for me. It is just a Christmas thing so they're not in stock at the moment and the Nando's stores only stock 330ml bottles. There is one 1 litre bottle for sale on eBay but it's medium, not hot or extra hot.

Looks like he'll be getting a smaller bottle as a replacement. Oops!

Why not getting two small ones? ;)

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    They have it in Superquinn and it was advertised in the latest Lidl insert.

The really big 1 litre bottle or normal small size bottles? Looking for the bit 1 litre bottle with a serving nozzle thing.

Like this but not medium strength - I need hot or extra hot:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=nandos+1+litre&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

they have it in tesco....only small bottles tho

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Why not getting two small ones? ;)

Yep - will have to do that, well three bottles, not two.:p He just really liked the big bottle as it had a serving nozzle thing on it and it looked pretty cool. The sauce itself is easy to get in most supermarkets, just not in this size.

The things we do for love, eh?!

Meant to say - thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Hi, im irishlad90 and im a nandoholic.
    You could buy small bottles of sauce to fill up a custom container.

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Hi, im irishlad90 and im a nandoholic.
    You could buy small bottles of sauce to fill up a custom container.

That could work actually - the nozzle screw in thingy was undamaged so I could just look for a glass bottle the nozzle fits in to and fill it up - might waste some of the precious precious sauce though. Will look in to it!

According to the Debenhams guy they will probably be back this Christmas so there's a gift idea for any nandoholics in your life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

According to the Debenhams guy they will probably be back this Christmas so there's a gift idea for any nandoholics in your life :)

I dont know why its only a christmas thing, Id love it in 1 litre bottles, my hubby goes through those 125ml bottles in no time. It would be far more economical to buy 1 litre bottles.

Is there an email address for Debenhams and I will add my voice to the clamour?

I dont know why its only a christmas thing, Id love it in 1 litre bottles, my hubby goes through those 125ml bottles in no time. It would be far more economical to buy 1 litre bottles.

Is there an email address for Debenhams and I will add my voice to the clamour?

Lol - nice to know there are other nando obsessives out there.

Looking at it online it actually looks like it's more economical (at least going purely by price) to buy the smaller bottles. The 1 litre bottle cost me 25EUR in Debenhams. You'd need 8 125ml bottles to get a litre and they're 2.59 each at Tesco - so 1 litre is only 20.80. They go on special sometimes too.

Yes, I am that sad that I worked it out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Eh, you're pregnant, he should forgive you everything!

The lidl ones are the peri-peri sauces and marinades, don't think it's the same as what you're looking for.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-F72C8C87-21EC1111/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_30748.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NANDOS-PERI-PERI-HOT-SAUCE-1-LITRE-NANDO-/130704494694?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item1e6e985066

The price is a mistake, he has sold a few of them for 9.99 recently so I'm guessing it was a typo. So maybe just send him a message on ebay. Might be a bit pricer with the postage and all that but there is literally nowhere else to get them. I know this because the bottle I got at Christmas is running low and I've been searching :D

• Advertisement

Eh, you're pregnant, he should forgive you everything!

I know! I told him it was half his fault because the hormones are making me clumsier and that's why I dropped it :D Lets just say it's not the first thing to smash on the kitchen floor recently. Those Lidl ones are the right sauce so 1.49 is a very good price. Think I'll be making a trip there tomorrow.

Thanks for the eBay link, I could only find medium. Will look into it!

They usually only have the medium in LIDL - I did get loads of it before but himself prefers the hot.

Ive emailed Debenhams too - let them know there is demand!

Got a response from Debenhams - less informative than what youve posted here (never mentioned its only an xmas thing):
    Thank you for your email.

I have investigated and can confirm that 1 litre Nandos Hot Sauce is currently not available.

We do expect to receive additional deliveries, however, unfortunately, I am unable to guarantee this, or provide you with an expected delivery date.

Please visit our website after 2 to 3 weeks at http://www.debenhams.com, to view the current availability.

Alternatively, please contact our Customer Service Team on 0844 800 8877 or 08445 61 61 61, and they will be able to check stock levels and place an order for you.

I must emphasise it is never our intention to inconvenience our customers in any way and I can only apologise sincerely on this occasion.

I hope this answers your query. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Got a response from Debenhams - less informative than what youve posted here (never mentioned its only an xmas thing):

Good work anyway! I'll be keeping an eye out around Christmas time anyway. Hopefully they will have the hot one in our nearest Lidl, I'm going to check tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Thanks for the eBay link, I could only find medium.

That ebay link is for the hot sauce

Good work anyway! I'll be keeping an eye out around Christmas time anyway. Hopefully they will have the hot one in our nearest Lidl, I'm going to check tomorrow.

Would you post back if they do? Save me a separate trip to Tesco this weekend if LIDL have hot.

Would you post back if they do? Save me a separate trip to Tesco this weekend if LIDL have hot.

Will do :) There's two lidls near me and I have a few errands to run tomorrow so I'll probably check both.

Will do :) There's two lidls near me and I have a few errands to run tomorrow so I'll probably check both.

Great stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

off topic but I used the extra hot sauce everyday on all foods, in the end I started swigging it from the bottle

ive tried cutting down a bit

• Advertisement

off topic but I used the extra hot sauce everyday on all foods, in the end I started swigging it from the bottle

ive tried cutting down a bit

Lol! You should pay a visit to Mozambique where peri-peri originated (it used to be a Portuguese colony). We went to a restaurant on the beach in Maputo ate the most amazing homemade peri-peri sauce, it was so hot my lips were numb for an hour afterwards. It was delicious. You could think of it as a pilgrimmage! :)

Sadly, Lidl only had bottles of medium peri-peri sauce although they did have the hot marinade. I checked the one in Deansgrange and Pottery Road. Only hot will do in this house so no bargains for us :(

Advertisement