Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend piercer in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

Could someone recommend a reputable piercer in Dublin city centre? I was considering (see does X hurt) and now decided to get Rook or Conch ear piercing or maybe both :)

*Ive looked back through for similar thread and the last such one was some time ago. Standards drop and good staff leave so I thought Id ask for some newer advice*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Snakebite is the place to go for piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You had some recommendations in that thread, why start a second thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

You had some recommendations in that thread, why start a second thread?

I thought that thread was for "does X hurt" I didnt want to derail it by asking for recommendations.

Also I thought more people would see this, I mostly ignore Sticky threads in most forums....dunno why just don't notice them, thought maybe others do too.

And....wanted to get a general opinion on various different places....Snakebite was recommended in that thread now in this one, so thumbs up for there. Connected was mentioned in the previous thread but not in a positive or negative way just that it exists.

I don't take getting pierced lightly. Id prefer as many options and opinions as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I recommended snakebite :(

*crawls back in the well*

Snakebite was recommended there too! :D
    No worries. Might look at making a mega-merge thread for "Where should I get X"

• Advertisement

I recommended snakebite :(

*crawls back in the well*

Edited my post, see above.... ditto for DamoElDiablo.

Like I said I got one really positive review for the place I previously used....turned out bad and was then told by an other person to avoid that place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got my snakebites done in Snakebite (:pac:), so I'd recommend them too. Body Shock isn't too bad a spot either from my experience, though I haven't been there in what must be well over a year.

Angron wrote: »
    I got my snakebites done in Snakebite (:pac:), so I'd recommend them too. Body Shock isn't too bad a spot either from my experience, though I haven't been there in what must be well over a year.

That 3 thumbs up! :)

Im probably being over cautious, but I just dont want to be left with scar tissue again.

Make that 4 for Snakebite then! Steve is a gent, and a great piercer. He will check everything to make sure it's all suitable, will explain everything, and is very good at putting people at ease too. If however he thinks it's not suitable, or if there's anything you should look out for, he'll make sure and tell you that too.

Make that 4 for Snakebite then! Steve is a gent, and a great piercer. He will check everything to make sure it's all suitable, will explain everything, and is very good at putting people at ease too. If however he thinks it's not suitable, or if there's anything you should look out for, he'll make sure and tell you that too.
    Snakebite it is then :) On a sidenote would you recommend them for tattoos too?

• Advertisement

It'd depend on what you want done, but both Sean and Denise are very, very good artists. Watched them turn out some fantastic pieces last year at the Dublin Tattoo Convention(s!)

It'd depend on what you want done, but both Sean and Denise are very, very good artists. Watched them turn out some fantastic pieces last year at the Dublin Tattoo Convention(s!)

Looking to get a white tatt, maybe I can discuss it with them when Im in getting my piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I've used just about every piercer in town, so I can rate a few.

Snakebite - excellent piercers, but expensive. From the staff's attitude, you really wouldn't know you were in a piercing studio :p
    Wildcat Ink - also excellent, also expensive, but I find their atmosphere a bit more sterile.

Zulu/Iconic Art - My personal recommendation. Patric is the longest-running piercer in Ireland and he's fantastic. Cheaper than the above as his business is younger. He's got a great selection of jewellery now, as he's been bringing in high-end stuff from the States.
    Connected Ink - I've gotten a lot of work here too and you'd be perfectly safe. They get a lot of traffic so their piercings are cheap, but every bit as good. Studio is small and tends to have a lot of people in it, which is why I'd go to Zulu for projects that needed a lot of talking. Connected is fine for anything else though and good for your pocket.

Bodyshock - I would avoid. They can pierce, but their ethics are bad. Last time I was in their the owner/head piercer ripped me off out of spite, and according to some of my regular piercers he's been known to cause trouble like that.
    George's St Arcade - As tempting as those prices may be, they've been known to use a piercing gun in places that they shouldn't be. Would avoid at all costs.

So in summary? Go cheap and you'll end up with a bad piercing, but you can go mid-range and still get a high-quality piercing, due to different dynamics in different shops. Some quality studios can afford to charge less, for various reasons, but it doesn't mean your piercing will be any worse.

(All of the above is either personal experience or verifiable story, in the case of George's Arcade, as I wouldn't go near them)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Quick hijack lads, decided to get the lip done today, looking like a coinflip between Snakebite and Wikdcat. Going to decide based on who sells the better aftercare product, so who's mouthwash and external antibac is better?

I've used just about every piercer in town, so I can rate a few.

Snakebite - excellent piercers, but expensive. From the staff's attitude, you really wouldn't know you were in a piercing studio :p
    Wildcat Ink - also excellent, also expensive, but I find their atmosphere a bit more sterile.

Zulu/Iconic Art - My personal recommendation. Patric is the longest-running piercer in Ireland and he's fantastic. Cheaper than the above as his business is younger. He's got a great selection of jewellery now, as he's been bringing in high-end stuff from the States.
    Connected Ink - I've gotten a lot of work here too and you'd be perfectly safe. They get a lot of traffic so their piercings are cheap, but every bit as good. Studio is small and tends to have a lot of people in it, which is why I'd go to Zulu for projects that needed a lot of talking. Connected is fine for anything else though and good for your pocket.

Bodyshock - I would avoid. They can pierce, but their ethics are bad. Last time I was in their the owner/head piercer ripped me off out of spite, and according to some of my regular piercers he's been known to cause trouble like that.
    George's St Arcade - As tempting as those prices may be, they've been known to use a piercing gun in places that they shouldn't be. Would avoid at all costs.

So in summary? Go cheap and you'll end up with a bad piercing, but you can go mid-range and still get a high-quality piercing, due to different dynamics in different shops. Some quality studios can afford to charge less, for various reasons, but it doesn't mean your piercing will be any worse.

(All of the above is either personal experience or verifiable story, in the case of George's Arcade, as I wouldn't go near them)

Wow! thats brilliant, thanks for that advice! :)

Oh god, Georges st arcade! Jaysus, how is that place still allowed to stay open. I had my first piercing done there when I was 11, no adult present, just me and my other 11 year old friend :eek::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, from what I've heard the Arcade is just a world of "Nope".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I always have and always will recommend Snakebite for piercings. I've always been completely at ease getting pierced by Steve because you just know that he know's his shit. He's extremely professional but very friendly, I always have a bit of a laugh when I'm in with him.

As far as pricing goes, I find them pretty bog standard, and they do a student discount!

How would you call them bog standard when they're the most expensive place in Dublin city centre? Not having a go at them but fact is they're simply not even close to cheap. Or bog standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I dont find them more expensive than other places. Plus they do discounts on multiple piercings. At most they're a fiver more expensive, but you get what you pay for imo

They're more expensive than Connected Ink, as an example. Snakebite charge 45 for a standard lip piercing. Connected charge 30. That's 15 euro more. Connected also do discounts for multiple piercings and while they don't do a student discount, they'll usually be willing to knock a small bit off the price if it means someone getting a piercing or not.

As for quality, I can vouch for Connected being spot-on. I've gotten 14 piercings there so far and all are fine, plus several friends. Bars were downsized as many times as needed for free, I had multiple consultations for trickier projects (like my horizontal eyebrows) and they've always answered any questions I had in detail and helped me out with any piercing-related issues I had. I actually found them much better than Wildcat, who charge more. Wildcat were unfriendly and unhelpful, and on occasion, rude.

I don't see how you-get-what-you-pay-for applies in this case. I'm genuinely not trying to be argumentative and Snakebite have an excellent reputation, but I don't see how people wouldn't consider them expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

For me Snakebite is just one of those places I went once and wanted to keep giving them my business, regardless of whether I could save a few euro somewhere else. But they give me a fiver off cause I'm a regular or nice maybe. They charge the same as the awful jewelers and not so good piercers I went before there anyway, so was like a bargain for me to get good service :pac:

Going after work today to look for some jewellery, which I know I can get cheaper online but I like to spend my money there. Plus I know it's good quality and they'll swap it for me and we'll have a nice chat. I'm just a creature of habit and won't go anywhere else! I probably wouldn't even get pierced if it wasn't Steve!

Also tried to go on their website there, but it's blocked in work for falling under the category of "tasteless and offensive" :pac:

aarrrggghhh, dying to get it done now....the date is set, just wish it was tomorrow :D:D:D

Advertisement