Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Cayman

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I moved to the Cayman Islands this year after qualifying as an accountant in practice and the firm I am working with are now looking to hire more accountants.

The lifestyle here is fantastic - the salary is tax free, cost of living is more or less the same as Ireland and there is no talk of recession!

PM me if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaquillie08

Hi bryanos81,

Thinking of moving to the Caymans for the next few years. can you please advise how your experience has been and if you can give me some advise and what companies to look out for that are interested in people who have worked in the Funds industry.

regardss
    Shaquillie08

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi folks, just a reminder that per the general rules on boards.ie, advertising of any sort (including recruitment) is not allowed, so any such discussion about available roles should happen via PM. I've edited the OP accordingly.

In saying that, I don't see any reason why we can't have a thread for general discussion about moving to the Cayman islands - there have been a few posts with questions about it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bradyc6

Hi,

I am a one year qualified Solicitor and my girlfriend is 4 year qualified accountant both currently working in Ireland (she is in a multi national, I'm in a small general practice) but hoping to move to the Cayman Islands or Bermuda.
    From our research so far it would seem there are plenty of opportunities for accountants but I am not sure about Solicitors with only 1 year PQE.
    If anyone can provide advice from experience or point us towards where to look for advice that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Hi BradyC6

Just seeing this now, solicitors with only 1 year PQE will not gain jobs here as an associate, but alternatively can seek employment as a paralegal. The money for a paralegal is still quite good, approx $80k-$110k in my experience.

PM me if you have any specific queries and I'd be more than happy to help.

Advertisement