Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... It's Own Forum, Eh? (Future Forum Plans)

• 23-04-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭

Delighted to see this happen, Fair play to Fewcifur and RopeDrink for getting it off the ground.

May start back on my own hacky projects to bring some interesting stuff in here :)

Mod-Edit:
    Changed title of thread due to below post (RopeDrink).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

RedXIV wrote: »
    Fair play to Fewcifur and RopeDrink for getting it off the ground.

This. Well done guys :)

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I didn't get it off the ground, let me make that clear - I simply had a much bigger vision for it when someone else got the ball rolling.

And whos to say your vision for it didn't help get it off the ground? ;) Regardless, everyone involved made a solid case for the merits of the rebranding so well done all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I didn't get it off the ground, let me make that clear - I simply had a much bigger vision for it when someone else got the ball rolling.

I'd question that. Replacing the Game Editing forum with the Game Development forum is just that.

I wanted a brand spanking new empty Forum so we could build from ground up and have it in the name of the two Forums (Editing, Development), not a rename of an existing Forum. Also wanted it to be Game Development & Editing, placed next to Game Recording & Editing etc

The rename to just Game Development, was to dispel any potential confusion that may arise from having two forums containing the word "Editing" in close proximity. Game Recording & Editing, & Game Development & Editing beside each other isn't exactly the most streamlined looking lineup when looked at side by side, & after the rename its a little more intuitive.
    Again, these didn't happen and as a mere Moderator with no pull who is just expressing a desire, I couldn't expect it to happen either. Again, as said elsewhere, what happened is one of the things I didn't want, a rename that doesn't even encompass both topics and basically nuked one in favour of another instead of housing both, it's just "Development" and my old Editing is now gone - But I can live with that if it doesn't lose us potential visitors and the masses are happy...
    But Editing hasn't been nuked, any Games Editing discussion still belongs in this forum. Yes Development has been given a higher priority over Editing, but looking back at how quiet the Editing forum has been over the years...I would think that was obviously the better call. The Game Editing forum has been almost dead of late, & rebranding it to accommodate a wider discussion base, while still preserving itself, simply means we cover all the bases in one forum. The alternative is one practically dead forum alongside a new empty forum...both with discussion topics quite closely linked.
    Afterall no good person demands change to suit themselves and anyone who started the ball rolling did so for Development and nothing to do with Editing, which was my area so I refuse to be tagged as anything to do with any positive influence (if any) as I merely stamped my foot loud asking for certain things to be considered... They weren't considered, but least people heard me stamp my foot (Not exactly a good thing or something to be proud of anyways).
    Your views wern't considered? I think thats somewhat inaccurate, if your views whatever they may be arn't implemented, that doesn't ever mean that were never considered in the first place. The Admin seem to have given the whole change quite a lot of thought, taking on & considering everyones views from what I can see. The decisions made were ultimately the ones the Admin felt were the better ones, but to say your views or anyone else's weren't considered is not correct nor right.
    If you feel what has happened is wrong or could do with tweaking, feel free to express your view here, maybe the CMod(s) and/or Admins could reconsider a few details if you stamp along with me next time :pac:
    I'd nearly suggest that the Feedback forum would be better suited to constructive feedback, at least then it can be looked at by the correct people. Criticism of a forum, within that forum, seems a waste.

I will suggest though that we add the term Editing to the tagline of the forum & see how that looks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

RopeDrink, you've asked me to wipe all the Editing threads, and yet here you're lamenting the loss of your "old editing". I was looking into doing that for you, so on the basis of this post of your here, the only thing different now from what was envisaged was the name of the forum. This is all a bit dramatic, tbh.

• Advertisement

The tagline of the forum has now been changed to:

"A place for discussion of Game Development & Editing" - Thanks Dades

Advertisement