Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this make sense to you?

• 23-04-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I'm moving into a new house this week (well, old house, but new for me!). I spoke with Eircom a few days ago about setting up broadband, gave them the address and the landline number (previous tenants had broadband). They checked and said "yeah, the line can handle 20 Mb/s max, will take 24 hours to activate it). Rang them back to order it today, someone different there is now telling me the landline I gave them is registered to a different address (nextdoor as it happens) and that there is no line in the one I'm moving to so they'll have to send an engineer out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Might be a bit of confusion in the tech support department - have you called them back since? 3rd time lucky and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

I just went ahead and ordered it, let the technician call out and confirm it first hand. I grew weary of getting contradicting information from everyone I spoke to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

It's possibly just a case of wrong records. The technician will be able to straighten things out and put the records straight.

Advertisement