Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk account

Options
  • 23-04-2013 2:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I work a number of months in uk, and need to be paid into a uk account, i will not be resident there, so i am looking to open an account up north with BOI, will they allow me open an account without being a resident up there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jester144

Yes, I asked about this too. If you take passport/full driving licence and utility bill/acceptable address verification ID to a branch in the North, then I was told an account can be opened.

Ooh sorry I am not very good at this - I was not supposed to answer was I? Is this just for the BOI reps to answer - very sorry!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Jester144 wrote: »
    Ooh sorry I am not very good at this - I was not supposed to answer was I? Is this just for the BOI reps to answer - very sorry!
    an answers an answer :-), wouldnt mind it confirmed by some one from BOI tho before i trek up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

I work a number of months in uk, and need to be paid into a uk account, i will not be resident there, so i am looking to open an account up north with BOI, will they allow me open an account without being a resident up there?
    Hi melekalikimaka, 

Thanks for posting.

As Jester144 mentions, if you make an appointment with one of the branches and bring the necessary account opening documents, you should be able to open an account. A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here

Thanks

Billy
    Yes, I asked about this too. If you take passport/full driving licence and utility bill/acceptable address verification ID to a branch in the North, then I was told an account can be opened.
    Hi jester144, 

Many thanks for posting.

What makes Boards.ie work so well is that we can all share information with each other.

Thanks a mil.

Billy

an answers an answer :-), wouldnt mind it confirmed by some one from BOI tho before i trek up
    OK I feel better now - phew! I got this answer from the online chat function on the boi website. It's a good facility to have that arrangement between the north and south, because opening an account in the UK from scratch when you have just arrived can be a minefield sometimes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement