Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle name on Passport

Options
  • 23-04-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm flying to Australia with Emirates soon. My passport has my middle name on it but my boarding pass doesn't. I know the name has to match exactly but I'm wondering does that include middle names.

I have emailed Emirates and they say it should be okay. But I would just like to know if anyone has experienced any problems with this.

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Nah mate. Thats standard, she will be fine.

Relax the Airlines are experts at getting people places, and they do it well*.

* I don't include Ryanair in this statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 branson25

Thanks, I hope it works out ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah, I got stopped going into Perth - passport had middle name, visa didnt...was four hours waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mishymc

That happened me too! Passport had middle name, visa didn't! First entry to Perth they didn't notice so I only found out after I left the country and was coming back to Perth the second time. They just took my passport, fixed it up at the desk, only took about 10 min's waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hang on visa and passport not matching is different than boarding pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

amtc wrote: »
    Yeah, I got stopped going into Perth - passport had middle name, visa didnt...was four hours waiting
    So you didn't put down your name as it appears on our passport when applying for the visa.
    That's your own fault.

branson25 wrote:
    Hi, I'm flying to Australia with Emirates soon. My passport has my middle name on it but my boarding pass doesn't. I know the name has to match exactly but I'm wondering does that include middle names.
    It doesn't have to be an exact match.
    They get typos, middle names, messed up double names etc all the time. This won't be an issue for airline staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Eh, no it was a travel agent - would've assumed they'd know the rules!

Passport was A M C
    Visa was AC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dejohnson86

when filling out my Holiday VISA it wouldn't allow " ' " (apostrophe) in my name . eg O'Brien

On my VISA it states: John O Brien but on my passport it states: John O'Brien

Will this be an issue? I states that the names on visa and passport must be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

when filling out my Holiday VISA it wouldn't allow " ' " (apostrophe) in my name . eg O'Brien

Will this be an issue? I states that the names on visa and passport must be the same

No it wont be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It may be. My gf has a double barrel first name and her passport had a hyphen and visa didn't. She was called into a room. I was laughing then they stung me for my middle name. Only took a few minutes to sort out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dejohnson86

Oh really, I don't mind waiting a while to get it sorted as long they don't turn me away and send me back home

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Oh really, I don't mind waiting a while to get it sorted as long they don't turn me away and send me back home

Off to Papua New Guinea for you I'd say..

Advertisement