Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If the price of petrol and road tax wasn't an issue..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

If insurance wasn't an issue a 166 v6 please! God I hate being young!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If there would be no stupid tax, then 100% I would be now driving something like this:

Callum-1-10-622x384.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the thing is, if tax and fuel werent so expensive, these cars wouldnt be going for the pocket change that they are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Lucena wrote: »
    If petrol was free I'd still drive my current car, a Dacia Logan MCV. 4.5l/100km. Leave as much fuel for the future generations as possible!

Yawn!!
    Its supposed to be a bit of fun...

img_858.jpg

Exactly... Try a bit of imagination laaads...
    Like this http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C223805

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

jca wrote: »
    Exactly... Try a bit of imagination laaads...
    Like this http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C223805

Fair 'nuff on the petrol front but you'd get classic tax on that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Jeep_Grand_Wagoneer_001.JPG

Woodie.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

The 2014 Pullman concept looks the business:

illustration-2014-mercedes-benz-s-600-pullman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Petrol and tax not an issue? I think I'd still drive me 406.... Maybe a V6 one for the shneer :)

An 037 or Delta S4 would be a must though!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

If money was not an issue I'd have my ass in one of these.

audi-rs6-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Is this a Dream car thread or a real world option if tax or petrol would not be crippling? :confused::confused::confused:

At least I picked two cars that are affordable at the moment but the high tax pervents me from buying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

For putting the miles on!
    760i

no-image-large.gif

The weekend car!
    E39 M5 - change the wooden interior trim to the brushed titanium thats in most M5s

3133782.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Curran wrote: »

The weekend car!
    E39 M5 - change the wooden interior trim to the brushed titanium thats in most M5s

Clicked onto the website,

They have some fantastic cars,
    and one thats a mad price -
    http://www.4starclassics.com/Honda-Z-Micro-For-Sale/
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Just like Dubai then no tax and cheap petrol, lots of mustangs, land cruisers, porsche cayennes, big dodge and lincoln 4x4's a car nuts paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Check out dubizzle.ae for the cars they have there in the UAE

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

At least I picked two cars that are affordable at the moment but the high tax pervents me from buying

That's what I was aiming at too. I did linked alpina picture, but I was more aiming at 740. 4 door gtt is not very exotic and expensive too. Some people really got wild here, or people earn a lot more then I think lol.

Dord wrote: »
    Fair 'nuff on the petrol front but you'd get classic tax on that. :p

Still a lot more character than a BM double you E....whatever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I came close enough with the 735 I sold in December and the Trans Am I currently have for sale. Ideally I would go for an M5 or RS6 and a Mustang Boss 429. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

gowley wrote: »
    A fine machine. €1683 in tax is just a joke for a 10 year old car. Surely the state has made enough money off this vehicle after VAT VRT Road Tax in its 10 years of motoring to reduce the tax liability. What would be wrong with, say classing it as a 2.0L anc charging €800 odd for it.

Now folks there's my rant. Sorry for going slightly off topic but the tax system in Ireland is a joke.

• Advertisement

Now that's what I call a nice car. A good candidate for an LPG conversion..Tax would be hard to stomach though...

Now that's what I call a nice car. A good candidate for an LPG conversion..Tax would be hard to stomach though...
    that was the point of the thread. if petrol and tax wasnt an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

I get 28mpg and pay 2k per annum road tax, bummer! At least with the petrol I get something for it, don't start me on the tax. But hey, it's my choice. Not everyones cup of tea, but 4litres, lots of toys, super comfortable and still current IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Fuel isn't an issue for me as i do feck all milage maybe 8000 a year and i am currently paying 2.6 tax so i am kinda in pretty deep as it is, settled on my car because i didn't want to go back too far in years and i wanted something affordable to fix in terms of parts or i would have went older luxobarge.

Classic Insurance/tax 300zx would be nice mind :)

But if we are just talking lala land then.

sogood wrote: »
    I get 28mpg and pay 2k per annum road tax, bummer! At least with the petrol I get something for it, don't start me on the tax. But hey, it's my choice. Not everyones cup of tea, but 4litres, lots of toys, super comfortable and still current IMHO.
    lol. at least its very comfortable

that was the point of the thread. if petrol and tax wasnt an issue

Sorry I was starting to dream about actually owning it, :cool::cool:. You poured cold water on my dream..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

E36 M3.

Sobanek wrote: »
    E36 M3.

Not another B bloody M bloody W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Not another B bloody M bloody W

Sorry, it's only the price of petrol and tax - not the price of the car itself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

DAZP93 wrote: »
    Just thought it would be interesting to see what people are currently driving, and what they would be driving if petrol and tax wasn't an issue..

Yet another bmw thread :rolleyes::cool:

I drive an E60 530i.
    Tax and petrol are not an issue, I'd drive a 550i - lack of em on the market is more the issue, plus getting insured with only 3 years NCB

An E60 M5, if the tank wasn't so small

An F10 M5, when they get to acceptable price levels... apparently they can do 22 mpg around town (I'm averaging 18 atm) - petrol prices not an issue, tank size is...

Advertisement