Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Remind me wrote: »
    No chance. Only reason fedex worked this year is because Thomas didn’t play well.

General consensus was that the FedEx finale worked well, the winner of the tournament won the Fed Ex, simple to follow not like the year previous where no one had a clue what was going on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

General consensus was that the FedEx finale worked well, the winner of the tournament won the Fed Ex, simple to follow not like the year previous where no one had a clue what was going on.

If Thomas had gone out and shot a few under in the first round it was all over. In terms of the winner takes it all it was no different to the previous year, no one outside the top 5 was going to do it. No one is coming from 8 or 10 back with the whole field in front of them.

No doubt it was good TV this year, I don’t see it working long term but hopefully wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Rory burning it up.

Pity got the water on 18. Hopefully make the par to go bogey free, some round otherwise

Couldn’t see the advantage in going for it on 18, thought he would lay up. Hopefully he rolls in the par.

Very good par in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lorenzo Vera in the Hazard off the tee on 18, Rahm has a makeable eagle putt.

Serious balls from Vera to go for the green there after the drop. Should make par now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

“I’m French, I can curse on live tv!!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

charlieIRL wrote: »
    “I’m French, I can curse on live tv!!!”
    Colloquial English swearing from a Frenchman. I'm impressed. :D

Rahm holing putts from everywhere today, -4 after 6 holes, a 4 shot lead now

• Advertisement

Rahm making tough work of this now

Fleetwood, outrageous putt

All of a sudden itll be an interesting finish

Is Lorenzo Vera slow? They're way behind McIlroy and Fleetwood

Rahm should make birdie after that drive

Deserved win anyway.

Rough start to Cormac Sharvins European tour debut.
    8 over.

Took a 9 on the par 5 15th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Jon Rahm has been named as European Tour player of the year for 2019.

Jon Rahm has been named as European Tour player of the year for 2019.

Would have thought the member of the European tour who won twice including a major would have picked up this award?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Remind me wrote:
    Would have thought the member of the European tour who won twice including a major would have picked up this award?
    3 wins, 2 seconds and a third is some going. Absolutely deserving winner.

eagle eye wrote: »
    3 wins, 2 seconds and a third is some going. Absolutely deserving winner.

Meh, winning the Open in such a convincing way gets it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Remind me wrote:
    Meh, winning the Open in such a convincing way gets it for me.

Its an award for a year, not a week.

First Up wrote: »
    Its an award for a year, not a week.

Agreed. He started off the year coming off the back of a terrible season last year. Wins a Rolex out of the blocks with one of the shots on the year on 18 and follows its up with a 6 shot victory at the Open. Rocketed up the world rankings and was 1 of only 3 players with a chance of winning the race to Dubai in the final event.

I’m sure he won’t lose any sleep over it and I’m sure Rahm would swap seasons with him.

Rahm finished the year more than 2,000 points ahead of Lowry - more than 50% better.

Winning the Open was great but the golfer of the year was Rahm - by miles.

Rahm finished the year more than 2,000 points ahead of Lowry - more than 50% better.

Winning the Open was great but the golfer of the year was Rahm - by miles.

A lot of points picked up in last 3 events.

Would you have fleetwood and Weisberger ahead of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

As previously stated Rahm would trade in his season for Lowrys, Lowry would not swap with Rahm.

As previously stated Rahm would trade in his season for Lowrys, Lowry would not swap with Rahm.

I'm sure Rahm would trade a lot for a major, especially the Open but that's a different matter.

Rahm's performance over the season deserved the title he won. Lowry's performance over four days deserved his. Congratulate them both.

I'm sure Rahm would trade a lot for a major, especially the Open but that's a different matter.

Rahm's performance over the season deserved the title he won. Lowry's performance over four days deserved his. Congratulate them both.

Lowry won twice, major and race to Dubai event and had a top 10 in another major and skipped a WGC.

He had a lot more than four days.

Rahm had a wonderful season including good finishes in the majors but IMO Lowry was deserving of the award.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tough call, think it was Rahm's consistency, he's won 347 ranking points this year versus Shane's 247 and only Rory and Brooks have won more points this year.
    But I agree, if I was Rahm and asked to give up the 3 wins this year and the R2D for The Open then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Remind me wrote:
    Rahm had a wonderful season including good finishes in the majors but IMO Lowry was deserving of the award.

The numbers don't lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a way for the 18 year old Rasmus Hojgaard to win his first professional event. Eagle on the third playoff hole for the 18year old.

Has a twin brother who is just as good as him who just missed out at Q school but did earn 250k when he finished second to Sergio at the KLM open.

Both were part of Danish team to win the amateur world team championship which took place at carton house. Massive future awaits for both

Advertisement