Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

Yeah, he has one of those aesthetically pleasing swings that make up sit up and take notice . That iron into the par 5 of the finishing playoff hole was seriously impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

What a way for the 18 year old Rasmus Hojgaard to win his first professional event. Eagle on the third playoff hole for the 18year old.

Has a twin brother who is just as good as him who just missed out at Q school but did earn 250k when he finished second to Sergio at the KLM open.

Both were part of Danish team to win the amateur world team championship which took place at carton house. Massive future awaits for both

I remember his brother at the KLM but I assumed it was the same person, that's mad.

Not many teenage winners on the Euro tour, hopefully they'll end up being more McIlroy than Manassero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

57 players within 5 shots off the lead as I post this in the 3rd round of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship!!

Lead only 9 under. 53rd place is 4 under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Westwoods longevity is impressive, seems to have been around for ever.

Has now won in 4 different decades!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fitzpatrick chipping cross handed?? Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Happy for westwood. He held them off

Big win for westwood in a rolex event. Puts him in decent shape for the Ryder cup.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JBan1984

Westwood up to 29th in the world now. Great to see him win, can see that it meant a lot to him and he knows that he is in the final stretch of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,168 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I remember following him around going into Irish open in 97 1 shot clear to Monty but Monty was too good on that Sunday.

Always had soft spot for Westwood. Would like to have seen him win major . Might do Darren Clarke in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

After this surely he gets to win The Open

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    After this surely he gets to win The Open

No reason why he can't, he's still good enough, would be some Fairytale.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No reason why he can't, he's still good enough, would be some Fairytale.
    He might go well in it but as soon as he sees the finish line he'll fall apart as per usual and probably blame his caddy when he hits an awful.hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Well this is one way to address the slow play issue, make them all jog between shots :pac:

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/1221353770912710660

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

GMAC given a bad time after doing an on course interview with sky while walking to his ball.

Seems like an own goal by the powers that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

GreeBo wrote: »
    GMAC given a bad time after doing an on course interview with sky while walking to his ball.

Seems like an own goal by the powers that be.

That’s ludicrous! If they want the money that comes with TV coverage, they have to be prepared to allow for delays caused by the TV company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Just watching the final round... the lack of spectators is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Great back to back birdies for GMac

Good stuff gmac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

God he is super slow and never shuts up... A penalty for slow play would do him no harm.

GreeBo wrote: »
    God he is super slow and never shuts up... A penalty for slow play would do him no harm.

Wins by 2 so even your penalty wouldn't stop him. :p

Wonder does Grame feel guilty now for going to Saudi? Like fcuk he does. Great win for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really happy he won. The politics of the host country shouldn't be discussed here, maybe in a different forum,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Good man GMAC.

Pity how golf (non) coverage on the BBC has reached a new low. As of 19:15 on Sunday, the headline way down the BBC Sport home page proclaims: 'McDowell a shot clear of Dubuisson after 54 holes in Saudi Arabia'. And his victory got ne'er a mention in the sports slot on the early evening BBC news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

God the place looks like a building site, and no fans, weird event

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

coylemj wrote: »
    Good man GMAC.

Pity how golf (non) coverage on the BBC has reached a new low. As of 19:15 on Sunday, the headline way down the BBC Sport home page proclaims: 'McDowell a shot clear of Dubuisson after 54 holes in Saudi Arabia'. And his victory got ne'er a mention in the sports slot on the early evening BBC news.

I've noticed this too over the last few years. They are always a day or two late with updates. The Guardian is the same. Disappointing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Weird event(politics aside). I thought I was an interesting course compared to many on tour and was a decent challenge but the lack of anyone there made it a strange watch.

Happy for GMAC, he looked a bit shaken at the end during the interview. He played well and deserved it over a strong of a field as you’ll find on the European tour all season. I enjoy listening to the conversations between himself and his caddie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Weird event(politics aside). I thought I was an interesting course compared to many on tour and was a decent challenge but the lack of anyone there made it a strange watch.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Sunday is a working day in Saudi so it was never going to have big crowds.

Golf is in its infancy in the region - few courses and fewer players.. This is just part of a wider campaign to present Saudi as a modern country. They are even trying to attract tourists now. That was unheard of before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

First Up wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Sunday is a working day in Saudi so it was never going to have big crowds.

Golf is in its infancy in the region - few courses and fewer players.. This is just part of a wider campaign to present Saudi as a modern country. They are even trying to attract tourists now. That was unheard of before.

There was no one there on Thursday - Saturday either

Advertisement