Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Seems like Westwood had a decent season but nothing out of the ordinary, not sure how he won the Race to Dubai. From what I see he has 1 win in January a 2nd (today) and another top 10 finish. I guess it helps that he won big money in the events he did very well in.

I'm guessing Covid and lack of money in tournaments must have helped his cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Seems like Westwood had a decent season but nothing out of the ordinary, not sure how he won the Race to Dubai. From what I see he has 1 win in January a 2nd (today) and another top 10 finish. I guess it helps that he won big money in the events he did very well in.

I'm guessing Covid and lack of money in tournaments must have helped his cause.

Won a Rolex event. Supported tour while others played in states. Lack of big names not bothered even going to Dubai. That’s why

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Had the Ryder cup gone ahead I wonder would Westwood have made the team?

I wouldn't rule him out making it next year

Class player

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

El Sueño wrote: »
    Had the Ryder cup gone ahead I wonder would Westwood have made the team?

I wouldn't rule him out making it next year

Class player

Who knows.

There'll be one thing you can be sure about there will be some disappointed players missing out on Ryder Cup next year but anyone who does will have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Amazingly close finish to the Race to Dubai. If Reed had been third on his own instead of tied third, he would have won by a far bigger margin than Westwood won. Less than 1% between the top 3. But it’s been a strange year and, to be honest, I’d much rather Lee won than Patrick Reed.

• Advertisement

Westwood supported the European tour all year.

In truth it would've been a joke if Reed, Hovland or Morikawa won it.

Just on Reed, his long game seems to have been in rag order for a while now. You'd wonder how long more he can use the short game to bail himself out, surely something's gotta give at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm no fan of Westwood but anybody other than Reed is a good result for me.

No sign of a schedule for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 banner4change

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    No sign of a schedule for next year

Go to europeantour.com/schedule and in the past half an hour or so the provisional 2021 European tour schedule has been released.

The Abu Dhabi golf championship from January 21th-24th commences the season.

The 2021 Dubai duty free Irish Open will have a €3 million prize fund so will not have Rolex series status. The event which will be hosted by mount juliet, will take place from July 1st to 4th with the JP McManus pro-am set to take place a day later from the 5th to 6th of July.

Looks like European tour chief executive Keith Pelley has done a great job in getting a Schedule in place and there will be 4 Rolex series events with $8 million minimum prize money and in general enhanced prize funds for most of the tournaments compared to 2020.

Let’s hope that the fans will return and with the Olympics and Ryder Cup also set to take centre stage in 2021 also, the next 12 months will surely be far more positive year for golf and sport in general, as the vaccines for covid get rolled out in the coming months ahead.

• Advertisement

Go to europeantour.com/schedule and in the past half an hour or so the provisional 2021 European tour schedule has been released.

The Abu Dhabi golf championship from January 21th-24th commences the season.

The 2021 Dubai duty free Irish Open will have a €3 million prize fund so will not have Rolex series status. The event which will be hosted by mount juliet, will take place from July 1st to 4th with the JP McManus pro-am set to take place a day later from the 5th to 6th of July.

Looks like European tour chief executive Keith Pelley has done a great job in getting a Schedule in place and there will be 4 Rolex series events with $8 million minimum prize money and in general enhanced prize funds for most of the tournaments compared to 2020.

Let’s hope that the fans will return and with the Olympics and Ryder Cup also set to take centre stage in 2021 also, the next 12 months will surely be far more positive year for golf and sport in general, as the vaccines for covid get rolled out in the coming months ahead.

I assume pelley on here and saw my question.

Hopefully the tour cross checks well with pga tour and no clashes with events players seem to turn up in USA like Arnold and jacks

It's a bit annoying seeing the Scottish Open prize fund increased to 8 million while the Irish Open is reduced to 3 million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Great to have it back this weekend from Abu Dhabi.
    Stong field with McIlroy, Lowry, Harrington,Paul Dunne, Matt Fitz, Fleetwood, JT and defending champion Lee Westwood.

Anyone playing the Fantasy Golf?

Anyone playing the Fantasy Golf?

Have a team picked. If there was a league I would join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

On which site?

CSWS101 wrote: »
    On which site?

European Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So sad not to be at the Abu Dhabi Championship this year :(

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So sad not to be at the Abu Dhabi Championship this year :(

Seems to be a few people following the big groups, what's the story there with spectators?

Seems to be a few people following the big groups, what's the story there with spectators?

Invitees and hospitality. People with money in other words.

• Advertisement

Invitees and hospitality. People with money in other words.

Seen a lad yesterday there wearing a kerry Jersey!!

Heard mentioned today they are allowed 400 spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

That is hilarious. I love the fact that they are able to poke fun at themselves.

If you're feeling glumb stick up your thumb!!

Thumbs up from Hatton on the second after pulling his drive :)

Shaping up to be a great tournament. Feared Hatton was going to run away from them yesterday.

Super eagle from McIlroy from 90 yards.

Levy's celebration was hilarious for his hole in 1. A terrible dad move at the tee and shocking celebration at the green. Very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

abff wrote: »
    That is hilarious. I love the fact that they are able to poke fun at themselves.

In fairness - was good. And in a kind of strange twist , it actually might make them think about it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Watching this in the middle of a lockdown. No golf - 5km - limited travel.

Kind of bizarre - this desert swing of European tour is always strange anyway, but to see people - play golf - people in crowd , very very strange.

Would be interesting to hear how they are managing covid.

Are they all vaccinated ?

• Advertisement

Hard to believe Molinari is 130th in the world now :eek:

Advertisement