Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

gypsy79 wrote: »
    But it only started in January

So he is nowhere on both lists

It started in September 2019 but was stopped again in March 2020. So around 6 months of qualifying was completed before it restarted in January

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mushy wrote: »
    Saw Dustin Johnson clattered a guy with a drive earlier. Wasn't far off line, but assume they could see the person

No sound on the clip I saw, but I hope they shouted fore. DJ absolutely planted him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

paulos53 wrote: »
    It started in September 2019 but was stopped again in March 2020. So around 6 months of qualifying was completed before it restarted in January

Just checked there and now is 15x and will be 2x come May

So lots play for

Bryson looking a bit slimmer this year. He must have decided to go for leaner muscle rather than bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Bryson looking a bit slimmer this year. He must have decided to go for leaner muscle rather than bulk.

There were rumours (No Laying Up) - that he was not feeling well. It had been suggested that the bulking up was making him feel physically ill, headaches etc.

I guess the first thing he would be asked medically would be - what are you eating and drinking ? Anything unusual ?

"Yes - 14.63 L of protein drinks"

• Advertisement

His diet last year was crazy. Couldn't have been good for the liver and kidneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

His diet last year was crazy. Couldn't have been good for the liver and kidneys.

6,000 calories.

Double normal intake.

He has been doing a huge amount of training with Kyle Berkshire, the long drive number 1 who himself is leaner than Bryson. He might be taking more of a leaf out of his book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

DJ looking human here too: https://youtu.be/IRDq9LO7NaY

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I saw his third shot on that hole, had assumed he had laid up for whatever reason, especially with Fox on the green. This is much better!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Great leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Everything about that course looks so artificial. Even the colour of the grass looks fake. The official prize fund is also fake. There is no way the big names would be playing in a tournament with a total prize fund of a paltry $3m or so.
    It makes you wonder how motivated some of these big names are when they are probably getting more money to turn up than they would for winning.

Artificial or not it looks a class course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Roger_007 wrote:
    Everything about that course looks so artificial. Even the colour of the grass looks fake. The official prize fund is also fake. There is no way the big names would be playing in a tournament with a total prize fund of a paltry $3m or so. It makes you wonder how motivated some of these big names are when they are probably getting more money to turn up than they would for winning.

Ranking and Ryder Cup points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Artificial or not it looks a class course.

Many courses in desert states like Nevada and Arizona are just as "artificial".

He really laid that up to a good yardage

Poor putt from DJ there for birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

Rikand wrote: »
    He really laid that up to a good yardage

He's operating on such a level at present, if he told you as much, you couldn't doubt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

In fairness a million would get most out of bed, all expenses paid etc. :D
    At least he did something last year - I'd love Rory to say something - because he tends to actually be a little controversial (and interesting he isn't there, because I'd say a big offer was made)

Thing that does my head in - is how they have such strong views on certain things - then when it comes to killing journalists , women's rights, human rights - they are all using words like - "things are changing" - " spread of the game".

I'd be fairly disappointed with the Irish lads over there too. You'd expect daft stuff from the like of Poulter (and his daft flashiness) etc. But the Irish lads offer fairly strong opinions on right and wrong on certain other things. Likes of Paddy in particular. Offers an opinion on anything. Golfers in general - seem a bit brainless to be honest. Harsh - lacking moral conviction is a better way to put it (a Dunphyisim).

At the end of the day - none of them should be in this position. It is from the top. The tour have gone a route that is unacceptable. And the game is not spreading with this rubbish, they have damaged the tour in Europe. This is very damaging for the image of the game - and the CEO has a very serious responsibility in that regard , particularly when the game is trying to improve image.

Yes they are following quick money - but at what long term impact for the tour (IN EUROPE).

I'd rather a European Tour that actually stands for something as opposed to this head in the desert stuff.

A GAA friend of mine - said "what would you expect from golf". "It has zero morals and they are all Trump supporters in US." "Their track record in human rights is terrible" "golf is just about segregation world wide" :D

That's funny because at my club -a large majority of members are players , ex-players or supporters of the GAA and I imagine the same would be true of many rural clubs in particular.
    I must try to steer clear of moral contamination !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Handy enough win in the end for DJ. Just playing on a different planet to the rest at the moment. Just supreme confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

DJ is ridiculous, I don't think he even got out of second gear all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Watching the Austrian Open here, went to a playoff between John Catlin and Max Kieffer. It's after going to the 5th playoff hole, nothing in it, and then Kieffer puts 3 balls in the water.

3 wins in 13 starts for Catlin, I'd forgotten that he won the Irish open last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Catlin is a tough nut, the bunker shot on the 4th playoff hole and holing his birdie putt after Kieffer holed a long one show massive steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Watching the Austrian Open here, went to a playoff between John Catlin and Max Kieffer. It's after going to the 5th playoff hole, nothing in it, and then Kieffer puts 3 balls in the water.

3 wins in 13 starts for Catlin, I'd forgotten that he won the Irish open last year.

I’ve not watched much European golf lately so never heard of yer man. The worst finishing hole I’ve ever seen on the pga/European tour. He’s obviously won 3 times and fair play to him. To me, when I first tuned in and saw him set up at address & saw his swing, I thought he was a 16 handicapper.

Again he’s obviously class winning 3 times, he just doesn’t look it.

Most people have forgotten that there was an Irish Open last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thomas Detry had a bizarre round there today!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Interesting that Wiesberger didn’t play his home open!

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Interesting that Wiesberger didn’t play his home open!

$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

Thomas Detry had a bizarre round there today!!

Just a pity that he didn't score a 9 somewhere. Then he would have had everything from a 1 to a 10 over the 4 rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

paulos53 wrote: »
    Just a pity that he didn't score a 9 somewhere. Then he would have had everything from a 1 to a 10 over the 4 rounds

+12 for 2 par 3s, 49 for the back 9

Advertisement