Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

And a nice reward for Miguel after a great 66

http://twitpic.com/dlbtpo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    And a nice reward for Miguel after a great 66

http://twitpic.com/dlbtpo

There is no way he is Spanish... photoshop a Guinness into his hand and a scene from a pub in Connemara in the background and you'd say he was a typical Irish lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

PARlance wrote: »
    There is no way he is Spanish... photoshop a Guinness into his hand and a scene from a pub in Connemara in the background and you'd say he was a typical Irish lad.

No PARlance he's too cool to be Irish:cool:

What a shot from Stenson there - 287 yards with a 4-iron!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    What a shot from Stenson there - 287 yards with a 4-iron!! :eek:

Not just phenomenal distance, but accuracy too.
    Hit it to inside 10 feet on the par 5.
    :eek: ++

Misses the eagle putt !

6 under after 14 holes, having missed 3 putts from inside 8 feet !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Kevin Phelan currently in position to win his card at Q school. Another 2 birdies would see him safe I think.

Hopefully he holds on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

AGC wrote: »
    Kevin Phelan currently in position to win his card at Q school. Another 2 birdies would see him safe I think.

Hopefully he holds on.

Very tight, a dropped shot and he's outside the Top 25... fingers crossed.

Surprised to see Mark Tullo there, I thought he would have done enough this year, he had a great start to the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He just birdied 12

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lee Westwood a bit down on himself - The Open did really set him back this year.

Anybody else think this is a strange end to the year
    The Event - The name of the event.
    The location.

Of course you have to watch it - but just doesn't feel right as a final event of the year.

I think it would help if Majors counted towards race to Dubai points, that would mean Tiger and Phil , and the best us players would make it.

Feck me - did you here the Rory Interview. Seems back to himself.

Trying to get US PGA Championship to Portrush or Northern Ireland.

I've a feeling in the long Run Rory will have his own tournament in Northern Ireland. Most top players have over the last 30 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Holy moly Victor where have you been up to now??????

cbfQzTI.jpg

It's bloody insane.

You think you are improving in golf - then you look at these lads - it is unreal.

I've sort of come to a new angle on golf. We go for par - a par for these lads is a birdie.
    To round it up, they are 1 shot a hole better than amateurs.

They are not aiming at greens - they are aiming at a 6 foot square on the green.

They play a different game to us mortals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

And Stenson is playing a different game to the rest of them, on fire the last few months...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

ForeRight wrote: »
    Holy moly Victor where have you been up to now??????

He's been around a few years now, had a decent enough 2011. Had him in my fantasy golf team a fair few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Victor Dubuisson was born in 1990 :eek:, that'll make a lot of fellow thirtysomethings (who started watching golf around that year) feel very old.

Don't get me started on Jordan Spieth :p

Young Victor has amazing tempo when over ball - but very slow on everything else.

Even sky are saying how slow the two are - "Victor a slow walker too".

Poulter just shouting "dirty rotten pig at ball" . lol - I like Poulter - but I think with Ian it needs to be small doses.

I was happy to watch this lad victor last week - but - head wrecking.

He takes out a club - does full shot routine - then changes clubs - does full shot routine.

Not on, don't care if he is 26 under or more. Shot penalty needed for him asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Stenson putting on a clinic of iron play, absolutely stiffing it to pretty much every hole. I'd say he's gutted the season is winding down, he's playing unbelievable good golf lately.

Last 4 groups on the clock, even a penalty shot or 2 won't stop Stenson now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Delighted for Stenson, some showing again today. What a season he's had!

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Last 4 groups on the clock, even a penalty shot or 2 won't stop Stenson now.

Oh don't worry - Stenson isn't the reason they are on the clock. Shocking that Victor hasn't had a penalty already. Such a shame to see a young up and coming golfer corrupted by such slow play.

The rules officials and tour are the ones at fault here. Penalties needed to be handed out today.

Good to see Rory have a good week too.

He is cutting down on silly mistakes so hopefully next year we can see the bet of him again.

Bd nice to see Rory, tiger and Stenson all playing their best in a major. It would be epic viewing actually.

What a way to finish for Stenson. He has been in a different league for some time.

What a shot on the last :eek: Thats how you finish a tournament and a season!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

ForeRight wrote: »
    Good to see Rory have a good week too.

He is cutting down on silly mistakes so hopefully next year we can see the bet of him again.

Bd nice to see Rory, tiger and Stenson all playing their best in a major. It would be epic viewing actually.

And Scott

What a shot :eek:

Oh my God, what a shot from Stenson on 18, no laying up in his mind, a gimme eagle to finish, unreal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

Goosebumps watching stenson hit his second into the last what a way to finish

25 under, 25 UNDER!

• Advertisement

Great scenes on the 18th green. Good sportsmanship from Poulter too - think next year could be a good one for him too.

Advertisement