Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Advantages of being in work on a sunday morning is getting to watch some class golf from mickelson, mcilroy and co.
    Looks like its going to be a great finish

What a shot by Phil Mickelson, unreal!! he was standing in the bunker with the ball on the grass way above his feet and puts it in to 8 feet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Phil what are you doing!!! That's a 1 stroke penalty for the double tap and now taking an unplayable. Very poor decision! Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ah ffs Phil :-(

So in the end, the penalty just cost Rory a win. Guaranteed, he will never make that mistake again! Also Phil threw away his chance by making a very poor decision to play a ball right handed with the club turned upside down, nearly on his knees from under a bush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

What a shocking first putt from larazabal! He nailed the next one though so good recovery.

Very positive start to the season for Rory!

Great finish to a great tournament!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Great finish to the start of the 2014 European tour. Rory is back. They need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great tournament and great to see Rory playing so well. Pity Mickelson botched up and pity Rory had the penalty yesterday. Great to have good golf back on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Phil's and Rorys caddies need to be looking out for their guys.

Phil did the same thing in the 2012 Masters for a triple bogey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Wombatman wrote: »
    Phil's and Rorys caddies need to be looking out for their guys.

Phil did the same thing in the 2012 Masters for a triple bogey.

I don't think anyone can question the job Bones has done for Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I think caddies gauge very quickly how much the player want them involved, some caddies are just there to carry the bag, others do a lot more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Shane kicks off the week with an eagle at the first!
    Nice one.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

AGC wrote: »
    I don't think anyone can question the job Bones has done for Phil

Agreed. One of the great Golfing partnerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Luke Donald missed a putt that was surely less than a foot, don't think I've ever seen such a short one missed (from someone actually addressing the ball)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Luke Donald missed a putt that was surely less than a foot, don't think I've ever seen such a short one missed (from someone actually addressing the ball)
    You can't have been playing very long so, if you have had been, you'd know everything is possible in this game.

You can't have been playing very long so, if you have had been, you'd know everything is possible in this game.

I meant from a Pro, of course I've seen amateurs (myself included) miss putts that length.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I meant from a Pro, of course I've seen amateurs (myself included) miss putts that length.
    It happens to pros too!, although the frequency would be anywhere as near to amateurs, even top amateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

It happens to pros too!, although the frequency would be anywhere as near to amateurs, even top amateurs.

I've never seen a putt that short missed from a pro addressing the ball properly.

Of course I've seen similar from someone just going up and stupidly trying to hit it in one handed etc

ForeRight wrote: »
    I've never seen a putt that short missed from a pro addressing the ball properly.

Of course I've seen similar from someone just going up and stupidly trying to hit it in one handed etc
    Fair enough you mustn't have been watching very much golf then.

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »

Brought back memories of this....go to 1 hr 17mins

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like Shane will miss the cut, nice to see Dyson in the top 10 after round 2

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

slave1 wrote: »
    Looks like Shane will miss the cut, nice to see Dyson in the top 10 after round 2

Yes, good recovery for Shane after yesterday's disaster, but probably one shot too many (or possibly two).

At this stage, Michael Hoey is only Irish golfer to definitely make the cut, although Simon Thornton and Damien McGrane are also on or above the cut line at early stages in their second rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Nice to see McGinley make the cut. Shame about McGrane - bogey 6 on the 18th to miss the cut by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Nice to see McGinley make the cut. Shame about McGrane - bogey 6 on the 18th to miss the cut by 1.

Yes, it's a pity about Lowry - great effort today, and a pity McGrane had that bogey to miss out. But Peter Lawrie must be gutted. After such a brave finish to last season to retain his card, he could have done with a better start than this. Really disappointing for him, so let's hope he can re-group.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is Rory playing anywhere this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rikand wrote: »
    Is Rory playing anywhere this week ?

Mcilroy no, Sabbatini is at Torrey Pines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/29/hole-in-one-win-dubai-desert-classic

Should make for some interesting shots, especially for those lads that are out of the running at the weekend

Good idea to get a bit of hype up for the event but realistically... I think their money is safe. Seen a ace on a par4 in real life but never seen one on the euro or pga tour.

It will be good if it encourages more to have a go for it though.

• Advertisement

Rory ripping it up. Some golf. He could have birdied nearly every hole!!

Advertisement