Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Shocking from Rory today. He's being very average since his first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I think Rory should of stayed in bed like myself, and at least he has Caroline beside him !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Wow Grillo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I'm a huge Rory fan but him chatting to her walking around and standing on the tee waiting to hit laughing and joking with her is an absolute joke.

This tournament was there for the taking and he is going around like its a practice round with his girlfriend.

He needs a wake up call!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Another very good display from Mikko Ilonen, could be someone that sneaks under the radar into RC contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Rory's driving has been woeful today. Even a mediocre round by his standards would have won him the tournament given everyone else has struggled.

I wouldn't be one to knock anyone's carry on outside of the course normally but Wozniacki being inside the ropes and chatting away to him during the final round of a big tournament is plain weird. I don't think I've ever seen it before from anyone else on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't believe what I'm see with mc ilroy and Caroline have these two clowns no advisors since his 5 minute chat prior to the par 5 where he went from sand to sand to sand he has hardly hit a shot.
    Never seen a professional acting so unprofessional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I actually thought Wozniaki was caddying for him there when I saw them chatting on the tee.

Fair play to Stevie Gallacher, to retain this is a great feat.

Gallaghers wife gets a one second air time after he wins it that's how it should be rory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Gallaghers wife gets a one second air time after he wins it that's how it should be rory

Got the point after your first post, no need to keep repeating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Delighted for Gallacher, thought he'd blown it on the front but great show of determination on the home stretch to win it.

blockic wrote: »
    Got the point after your first post, no need to keep repeating.

Did ya good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Take your schoolyard handbags somewhere else thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Sorry to see Peter Lawrie still struggling. Hopefully he can turn things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Sorry to see Peter Lawrie still struggling. Hopefully he can turn things around.
    Yes, really sorry for the guy, after such a battle to retain his card. Let's hope he can get it going. Nice to see Damian McGrane start with another good round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Anyone else finding the Joburg open very boring after a super week in dubai??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

dar_cool wrote: »

Certainly not a strong field but interesting none the less with a field of 210 :eek: and 3 spots in the Open up for grabs :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

All 4 Irish missed the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

dar_cool wrote: »

Thought the same myself

McGrane had a decent finish (-6) to the Africa Open, to finish at -16 currently T7.

Spare a thought for overnight leader Emiliano Grillo, took a 9 on the par 4 1st and currently +7 after 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Aiken has the Missus on the bag

16211.jpg

Spare a thought for overnight leader Emiliano Grillo, took a 9 on the par 4 1st and currently +7 after 12.

Grillo had a great finish with 5 straight birdies.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Aiken has the Missus on the bag

16211.jpg

What does she see in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Great round by Michael Hoey today with 7 birdies in a row and good to see Kevin Phelan and Shane Lowry both well placed. Shame they both finished with a bogey.

I'm sorry to see that Peter Lawrie's terrible start to the season is not getting any better. I really hoped he'd push on after retaining his card last season, but he seems to be running on empty. Hopefully, something will happen to kick start his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

What does she see in him?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I cant wait for the european tour to kick off properly and get out of south africa!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Great round by Michael Hoey today with 7 birdies in a row and good to see Kevin Phelan and Shane Lowry both well placed. Shame they both finished with a bogey.

I'm sorry to see that Peter Lawrie's terrible start to the season is not getting any better. I really hoped he'd push on after retaining his card last season, but he seems to be running on empty. Hopefully, something will happen to kick start his season.

He's had a horrid start to the season - he seemed to be exhausted at the end of last season, having gone through hell to retain his card. I don't know much about him, but he comes across as a really nice guy, so let's hope he can turn things around......and soon.

But good to see a few other Irish names going well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great stuff from Kevin phelan so far. Be great if he can pick up a nice cheque this week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

big_drive wrote: »
    Great stuff from Kevin phelan so far. Be great if he can pick up a nice cheque this week

He's going very well at -4 today. Hope he can keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

T6 - Kevin Phelan - great result.

To be honest it says more about the European Tour - hardly a mention of it here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

T6 - Kevin Phelan - great result.

To be honest it says more about the European Tour - hardly a mention of it here.

Great weekend for him. Looked the part out there. Hope this is the first of many

Advertisement