Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

€44,750 for Phelan. Nice to bank that cheque early in year. Hopefully he can get a few more like that and secure card for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great result for Phelan, should improve his card when the re-rank comes in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Super golf from young kevin phelan, i know 45k is a nice lump but for 6th place ud imagine a little more. Id say 6th in america got about 200k? None the less its a big confidence boost for him early in the season :)

EDIT: 208,500 USD for tied 6th! America is monies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Good to see Peter Lawrie under par after a horrible run of form. -2 after 9 in Morocco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

dar_cool wrote: »
    Good to see Peter Lawrie under par after a horrible run of form. -2 after 9 in Morocco

Horrible back 9

• Advertisement

Phelan making a run today. Hopefully get another weekends golf under his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice to see the European tour moving closer to home this week. I feel the tour really starts now. I see Peter Lawrie is on the entry list for Spain this week - here's hoping things go better for him this week - he has had a worrying start to the season.

Is anyone watching the golf from Spain? What is the story with the 1st hole? There is crazy numbers being made on it. It seems to be destroying cards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The 2nd is as bad, no birds yet and loads of bogeys, doubles...??

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Everything up to a 9 on the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Sorry to see yet another horror story for Peter Lawrie. Ten over par 82 in a round that included two triple bogies.:eek:

AGC wrote: »
    Everything up to a 9 on the first

Nor often you see a hole averaging more than 1 shot over par. Average score today for those who have completed their rounds is 5.03. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

4 of the 6 Irish triple bogeyed the first :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good man pablo!

Sky have just shown an interview with Pablo - he said it was about the most scary moment of his career. He got a couple of injections from officials, felt better and continued his round. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Love the hole in one prize in China this week. Its a Volvo but not what you think.

http://www.oneasia.asia/news/tournament-news/1086-heavy-duty-incentive-for-hole-in-one.html

I see Peter Lawrie is in the field for this week's event.....would love to see him shoot a couple of good rounds. Last week he had an awful first round, but much better second round.

I see Nick Doherty is playing too.......I presume he got an invite.

Peter Lawrie shot a splendid -4 round this morning in Singapore - great to see. Let's hope he can hold his nerve in tomorrow's round.

• Advertisement

Nice to see Peter Lawrie get a four under par 68 today. Hopefully he can kick on from here and firstly make the cut and then get a decent finish.

Some Thai lad -8 thru 11

AGC wrote: »
    Some Thai lad -8 thru 11

Scores are low all right - over 100 players under par, but Lawrie is tied 23rd right now. Yes, make the cut first and then kick on - it would be great to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Just scraped in on the cut-line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chris Doak retired after 9 due to exhaustion, must be some serious heat.

Just scraped in on the cut-line :)

The good round yesterday paid off. Delighted for him making it in to the weekend. Let's hope he makes the most of this chance.

Nice to see Simon Thornton make the cut as well.

And I see Nick Dougherty made it through on -5. Making the most of his invite.

Good man, Peter Lawrie! Shot -5 today and now tied 20th! Great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

vienne86 wrote: »
    The good round yesterday paid off. Delighted for him making it in to the weekend. Let's hope he makes the most of this chance.

Nice to see Simon Thornton make the cut as well.

And I see Nick Dougherty made it through on -5. Making the most of his invite.
    Is Dougherty not there as a past champion of the event?

* Nope, checked it out, wasn't that tournament he won.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Good man, Peter Lawrie! Shot -5 today and now tied 20th! Great performance.

Delighted to see that. Great back nine (he started at the 10th) after going out in level par. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! A top 10 would do him the world of good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

C'mon Peter, get the wheels back on the wagon. A good finish will turn the season around.

Advertisement