Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Some end to today's action.
    Aguilar shooting 8 under for this back 9 to win by 1. Included an eagle on the last, holed out his approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Tied 20th for Peter Lawrie. A much better week than any he has had so far this season. Let's hope he can kick on from here.

Is the Madeira Open on Sky this week? I doesn't seem to be on the schedule for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

vienne86 wrote: »
    Is the Madeira Open on Sky this week? I doesn't seem to be on the schedule for Thursday.

No,showing women instead.must be putting most resources into the players this week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Looks like Sky checked the weather forecast before deciding what to show :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So the Madeira Open is reduced to 36 holes, and the cut will be made when they finally finish round 1 tomorrow. David Higgins and Peter Lawrie should make it.

Ah feck - see Peter Lawrie has retired....had played 16 of the second (and final) round. Anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

It is with great sadness and deep regret that we report the untimely passing of caddie Ian McGregor during play on the final day of the Madeira Islands Open – Portugal – BPI.
    Everyone at The European Tour extends our deepest sympathies to the friends and family of Ian at this time.

Following consultation with the players and caddies involved, however, it has been decided that play should continue and the tournament should finish.

A minute’s silence has taken place at the clubhouse and play resumed at 6.00pm local time.

All administration will be taken care of by The European Tour and we will help in any way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Awful sad news.

Saw this and thought it must have been just awful there today. I think he was caddy to Alastair Forsyth, who actually seems to have finished his round.

• Advertisement

Think it may have been his last hole, i think he started on 10 so was finishing on the 9th when it hapiened

Not sure if it was right to continue with the tournament or what. It was a hard call for the European Tour to make. But if they didnt restart i guess it would be awkward in terms of results, money, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Aged around 52, yikes! RIP

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Aged around 52, yikes! RIP

I actually think it is incredible that they played on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Russman

I actually think it is incredible that they played on.

Couldn't agree more. Just shows how much money really runs the world unfortunately.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Ah feck - see Peter Lawrie has retired....had played 16 of the second (and final) round. Anyone know what happened?

I saw on Irish Golf Desk that Peter "withdrew as a mark of respect because a friend died on the ninth fairway." There were two other players who retired with one or two holes to play - presumably for the same reason.

abff wrote: »
    I saw on Irish Golf Desk that Peter "withdrew as a mark of respect because a friend died on the ninth fairway." There were two other players who retired with one or two holes to play - presumably for the same reason.
    Thanks for that. As I said earlier, I am stunned that they continued to play after this poor guy died. Fair play to Peter. It was another cut made for him, which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭blue note

Disgrace that they didn't call off the day after that. I'm shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

blue note wrote: »
    Disgrace that they didn't call off the day after that. I'm shocked.

Was fairly shocked to read just now that the player who Iain McGregor was caddying for decided to play on after watching him die. Disgusting.

Fair play to Peter Lawrie for showing appropriate respect.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Was fairly shocked to read just now that the player who Iain McGregor was caddying for decided to play on after watching him die. Disgusting.

Fair play to Peter Lawrie for showing appropriate respect.

I think he was on his last hole, but I agree - it was awful that ANYONE played on....right up there with a certain football match in Brussels in 1985.

It seems to have been a shambles of a week, best forgotten. It was a shame that Peter Lawrie had made only his second cut. He deserves a decent bit of luck after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone watching the Europro tour on Sky?
    Love watching these events.
    John Morgan gives on course tips along the way.... Man he's some golfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They should have ended it and assigned prizes based on current position.

Playing on when he was your caddy is kinda gross, he's a person not a feckin battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

It feels to me like the European Tour season is only kicking off today, live golf in the morning and the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

A few Irish boys in with a decent shout of making the cut this week!

Great start by David Higgins today, -4 thru 9 holes to take him into the top 10
    Massive weekend for him given the limit starts he'll have this year

big_drive wrote: »
    Great start by David Higgins today, -4 thru 9 holes to take him into the top 10
    Massive weekend for him given the limit starts he'll have this year

Higgins picked up another birdie at 12 but bogeys at 13,14,16 are spoiling things now!

-1 today for Kevin phelan , up to around 40th. Hopefully a good one from him tomorrow, doing well enough for his first year on tour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Higgins will be raging, -5 for first 6 and +5 for last 6.

• Advertisement

Nightmare finish for Higgins in a round that promised so much

Advertisement