Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Paul McGinley is having an up and down day with four birdies and four bogeys. Currently level par and inside the top twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I reckon Higgins is raging

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah gutted for Higgins - we had a great first 9 and blew it on the homeward 9 - infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Lowry and Phelan out together tomorrow for the final round. Should be good for Phelan and keep him relaxed as he'd know Lowry.
    Lowry could do with a good finish tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Hole-in-one for Maybin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Hole-in-one for Maybin :)
    He's now had a 1, 2, 3, and a 4 on the 8th at PGA Catalunya!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to see lowry having a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Back 9 gona be interesting here its is very scrappy and there is a couple of twists to come here i'd say

Saying that I don't think anyone would begrudge Jimenez the win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well done Miguel!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Absolutely delighted for Miguel. He's some man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

First Senior player to win on regular tour, he's something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

The secret according to Miguel just now ... "good food, good wine, good cigars and a bit exercise"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oldest winner on tour AGAIN!

first time to win his home tournie and practically a shoe in for the Ryder cup ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Miguel is surely the coolest man alive. Can't wait to see him at Gleneagles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great achievement to make Ryder cup again. I think a couple of big names are going to miss the Ryder Cup with players like Miguel getting in who maybe weren't expected to get there

Mcginley is going to have to make a couple of tough decisions with his picks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good to see Dooby at the top of the leaderboard this week. Needs a few results to consolidate his Ryder cup credentials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Looks like Kevin Phelan well placed for the weekend. Currently at 129 on the Road to Dubai standings, a good finish here could go a long way to securing him a card on the tour next year. He'll not get in to all the big tournaments this year so you have to maximise the opportunity when it arises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Looks like Kevin Phelan well placed for the weekend. Currently at 125 on the Road to Dubai standings, a good finish here could go a long way to securing him a card on the tour next year.

The way it is shaping up everyone will be well placed going into the weekend. Only 5 shots covering the field who will currently make the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Nice to see Peter Lawrie making the cut. Did very well to shoot 70 today after being tied 121st after the first round.

abff wrote: »
    Nice to see Peter Lawrie making the cut. Did very well to shoot 70 today after being tied 121st after the first round.

Brilliant - it had looked bleak for him again when I checked at lunchtime, but great to just find out he has made it to the weekend. Delighted for him - he deserves some luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nightmare finish for Simon Thornton.

Lawrie and Lowry both -5 after 12/11 holes of their final round.

Lawrie and Lowry both -5 after 12/11 holes of their final round.

A lot of rounds seem to be going very well - maybe the course is playing easy today. But I'm particularly delighted for Lawrie - if he keeps it up to the end of the round, it'll do his confidence a lot of good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

With Lowrys second place at the BMW and the cheque from this weekend is his card safe for next year or where is he money wise to retain it?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    With Lowrys second place at the BMW and the cheque from this weekend is his card safe for next year or where is he money wise to retain it?

Its well safe, ticket to Dubai booked as well.

Looks like Peter Lawrie is having another nightmare start in Austria - poor guy. Damian McGrane is off to a flyer though - 2 under after 5.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Simon Thornton -5 today and into the top 10

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Mcgee finishs beside Thornton. Huge day for him tomorrow, top 10 would get him into Irish open I assume!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

It would be great to see him finish top ten, but will he not get an invitation to the Irish open anyway?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    It would be great to see him finish top ten, but will he not get an invitation to the Irish open anyway?

Id doubt it, already 2 gone to Chinese amateurs and 1 to John Daly. Id imagine the likes of Higgins and Power will be after them. Wont be enough to go round for everyone id say.

Advertisement