Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Peanut wrote: »
    Stephen Gallacher is doing his best to make things very awkward for Paul McGinley. Alone in second place, 6 under through 10 and 16 under overall. Great effort although I'd imagine GMac isn't impressed.

Stevie g isnt the one making things awkward. David Howell is. If stevie finishes third, how could he not be picked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

They're both closing in on Otto. What I meant - maybe I'm wrong - but if Stephen finishes 2nd, does he automatically qualify? Third gives McGinley free rein to pick the Poulters, Westwoods, etc if he wants. 2nd means McDowell is included in his selection choice. Or am I wrong in my thinking and calculations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The Peanut wrote: »
    They're both closing in on Otto. What I meant - maybe I'm wrong - but if Stephen finishes 2nd, does he automatically qualify? Third gives McGinley free rein to pick the Poulters, Westwoods, etc if he wants. 2nd means McDowell is included in his selection choice. Or am I wrong in my thinking and calculations?

Your spot on but I'm thinking Gallagher is gonna get a pick now either way and if he finishes 2nd GMac will get a pick. I think it's 2 from 3 after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Peter Lawrie is 7 under after 11 holes today. Up into a tie for 8th after just getting in on the cut line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Peter Lawrie is 7 under after 11 holes today. Up into a tie for 8th after just getting in on the cut line.

I was afraid to even speak about this - just picked up another shot. Oh please, please keep it up, Peter. He's had a miserable season ...... so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

How about the first 59 on the European tour!!!!

vienne86 wrote: »
    I was afraid to even speak about this - just picked up another shot. Oh please, please keep it up, Peter. He's had a miserable season ...... so far.

I know. I hesitated before posting because I didn't want to jinx it for Peter. Crazy how superstitious we get at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

-9 through 14

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

It seems he's managed to move some things around and would now like to stay on tour next year! where has this come from?!

How about the first 59 on the European tour!!!!

Needs to birdie the last 4!!

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »

Only a par 70.

2 out of the last 4 will do!

And one's a par 5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

gman127 wrote: »
    Only a par 70.

2 out of the last 4 will do!

And one's a par 5

Par on the par 5.
    3 holes to go.

A bogey?

But now how can he?

But he was going to....

Awww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

gman127 wrote: »
    It seems he's managed to move some things around and would now like to stay on tour next year! where has this come from?!

He only earned over 40,000 this year.
    card gone unless something happens.

Can't be worth your while on tour on that sort of money.
    Must actually be losing money on tour. Flights hotel physio coach etc.

Rikand wrote: »

When I posted he needed to be -2 for the last 4 including a par 5. Chance gone now but great round for him from nowhere.

Pity about the finish, but 62 is a great score. Another good round tomorrow would go a long way towards securing his card for next season.

abff wrote: »
    Pity about the finish, but 62 is a great score. Another good round tomorrow would go a long way towards securing his card for next season.

I'd love him to keep his card. He barely hung on last year, and was very emotional about it. He seems like such a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Marc Warren...7 under for the first hole this week...must have been disappointed with only the birdie yesterday!!!

I'd love him to keep his card. He barely hung on last year, and was very emotional about it. He seems like such a nice guy.

2 over after 7 today, unfortunately. Looks like it's not going to be the big pay day he was hoping for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Lipsky did he best to best to get a hole in one on the driveable par 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Why are they placing in some spots in the omega masters?

Is the Dutch Open this week not on TV?

Is the Dutch Open this week not on TV?

Red button from 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Just saw now that play has been suspended to allow Fabrizio Zanotti receive medical attention?

What happened? :confused:

UPDATE

Just heard on the podcast that Zanotti was struck by a stray golf ball while he was on the 16th fairway.

Oddly, they said that his group played on for a bit but that play has now been suspended? Must be serious enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hopefully he's ok and the persons who hit it didn't shout fore so forces the tours to force players to shout fore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Trampas wrote: »
    Hopefully he's ok and the persons who hit it didn't shout fore so forces the tours to force players to shout fore

I hope for the other golfers sake that he DID shout fore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hope all's alright, according to the leaderboard now he has retired from the event.

I got hit in the jaw with a golf ball earlier in the week and i tell you its not a nice experience. Thankfully it wasn't hit at much pace but it still hurts like hell.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Hope all's alright, according to the leaderboard now he has retired from the event.

I got hit in the jaw with a golf ball earlier in the week and i tell you its not a nice experience. Thankfully it wasn't hit at much pace but it still hurts like hell.

Sorry to hear about your own experience. I have been struck too and it's no laughing matter.

Just heard that Zanotti was struck on the head from a tee-shot hit from 14th tee (he was about to play on 16th fairway). He lost consciousness but has since recovered in hospital. Hopefully this won't de-rail his season.:(

I'm not sure if someone yelled FORE but I hope they did.

• Advertisement

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014072/news/newsid=235258.html
    But play was suspended when Paraguay's Fabrizio Zanotti was hit on the head by a golf ball.

Zanotti, who won the BMW International Open earlier this season, was on the 16th fairway when he was injured by a ball struck from the 14th tee.

The 31 year old received treatment on the course and was then taken to hospital. Zanotti had started his round from the tenth at Kennemer Golf Club and was level par after six holes when the incident occurred.
    Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014072/news/newsid=235258.html#Qal5A7Yp6KWFoRyk.99

Advertisement