Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

vienne86 wrote: »
    Four bogies and a double from Lawrie......can't do that. Let's hope that is his bad round out of the way and he improves tomorrow. It was a great chance to do wonders for his season though.

That's what I was thinking. Seems to be the only player who went backwards today. Hopefully a solid under par round tomorrow to get back near the top 10.

Also, serious shooting from the Austrian again. Star for future Ryder cups possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It was a bad day for the Irish - GMac only managed level par, and McGinley had a +5 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Four bogies and a double from Lawrie......can't do that. Let's hope that is his bad round out of the way and he improves tomorrow. It was a great chance to do wonders for his season though.

He did much the same in Dubai last week - made the cut and then slid down the field, shedding prize money every second hole. He has limited opportunities to get back on Tour and he needs to start taking them. I'm sure he is trying his damnest but there seems to be something missing.

First Up wrote: »
    He did much the same in Dubai last week - made the cut and then slid down the field, shedding prize money every second hole. He has limited opportunities to get back on Tour and he needs to start taking them. I'm sure he is trying his damnest but there seems to be something missing.

He know himself that he has to make the most of his limited opportunities, and probably gets anxious when he makes a mistake. Anyway, let's hope he picks up a few bob tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Did I hear the news right - that Peter Lawrie is on 4 under par????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Old diesel wrote: »
    Did I hear the news right - that Peter Lawrie is on 4 under par????

You did, and it you heard it yesterday it would have been even better as he was -7. He had a bad round today (75) after a 66 yesterday.

European tour website has the leaderboard. Leader is -17

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

abff wrote: »
    It's brilliant to see him in such good form. Currently in a tie for 4th. If he could hold onto a top 5 place, it could transform his season.

he doesn't really have much of a season, he has no card, so relies on invitations. i'm not sure how many of them he has, but he really needs to take advantage of them, win a few bob, and guarantee a card for next year without having to go to q school.... again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seve OB wrote: »
    he doesn't really have much of a season, he has no card, so relies on invitations. i'm not sure how many of them he has, but he really needs to take advantage of them, win a few bob, and guarantee a card for next year without having to go to q school.... again!

He's on the European Tour's players committee and that seems to be helping the invites.
    Hope he can get a few decent results and secure a card out of them. He has been flirting with a good result this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Decent enough finish by Peter Lawrie with a 70 to finish tied 16th and pick up almost €35,000. He had 3 birdies early on, but then had 3 bogeys in the space of 4 holes just after the turn and it looked like he was going to have another missed opportunity. But he rallied to pick up 2 birdies in the last 4 holes.

The other three Irish golfers all had poor rounds to slide down the field.

Decent enough finish by Peter Lawrie with a 70 to finish tied 16th and pick up almost €35,000. He had 3 birdies early on, but then had 3 birdies in the space of 4 holes just after the turn and it looked like he was going to have another missed opportunity. But he rallied to pick up 2 birdies in the last 4 holes.

Delighted to see that Lawrie had a good day. He needed it more than the others.

• Advertisement

Decent enough finish by Peter Lawrie with a 70 to finish tied 16th and pick up almost €35,000. He had 3 birdies early on, but then had 3 birdies in the space of 4 holes just after the turn and it looked like he was going to have another missed opportunity. But he rallied to pick up 2 birdies in the last 4 holes.

Three birdies early on and then I think three bogies after the turn.

I'd love him to have done better and earned more money, but it was a pretty good week for him. Pity he's not able to get in the field for this week in Thailand as he seems to have found some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Three birdies early on and then I think three bogies after the turn.

I'd love him to have done better and earned more money, but it was a pretty good week for him. Pity he's not able to get in the field for this week in Thailand as he seems to have found some form.

He has an invite along with Phelan for The Indian Open next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

They mentioned in the commentary that McIlroy was instrumental in getting Lawrie the invite the week he won! Not a bad ally to have on board!

gman127 wrote: »
    They mentioned in the commentary that McIlroy was instrumental in getting Lawrie the invite the week he won! Not a bad ally to have on board!

Well fair play to McIlroy if there is any truth in that.

Lawrie doesn't seem to be on the entry list for the Indian Open.....or am I missing something?

Lawrie doesn't seem to be on the entry list for the Indian Open.....or am I missing something?

Just checked, still there as sponsors invite.

Entries cut off currently at number 5 in category 16. Both wouldn't have got in without the sponsors invite. Actaully Phelan would have needed 9 from the current entires to withdraw, no chance for Lawrie in Category 20 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

The pair of them are also listed as invites for the Joburg Open the following week.

Just checked, still there as sponsors invite.

Entries cut off currently at number 5 in category 16. Both wouldn't have got in without the sponsors invite. Actaully Phelan would have needed 9 from the current entires to withdraw, no chance for Lawrie in Category 20 really.

Oh great - thanks for sorting me.

Great first round by Michael Hoey. 8 under with no bogeys and a 2 shot lead.

Great first round by Michael Hoey. 8 under with no bogeys and a 2 shot lead.

He seems to have got lucky and got a lot of his round done before the wind got up - great round, course record, I think.

• Advertisement

66 this morning by Jimenez to take the lead on 11 under. Hoey about to tee off. Nice 67 by McGrane to get to 3 under overall and he should make the cut - possibly with a shot to spare.

Hoey struggling on level par, but hopefully this is his 'bad day' out of the way. Great effort from McGrane to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Not great weekends for Hoey and McGrane. Slow start to the season for both of them.

That's 2 weeks in a row where the winner has been a Q School graduate.

Lahiri and Dodt both exempt on tour now until the end of 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Not great weekends for Hoey and McGrane. Slow start to the season for both of them.

That's 2 weeks in a row where the winner has been a Q School graduate.

Lahiri and Dodt both exempt on tour now until the end of 2017.

Was Lahiri Q school? He is 37th in the world:eek:

AGC wrote: »
    Was Lahiri Q school? He is 37th in the world:eek:

Yeah he was, even though he was knocking around top 100 in OWGR all last year. 2nd and 3rd in Asian tour order of merit last 2 seasons.

Peter Lawrie has shot a 69 on the first day in India. Currently tied 13th. Such a pity he didn't have this form to save his card last year.

Just saw that. Very steady round with 16 pars and 2 birdies.

Just saw that. Very steady round with 16 pars and 2 birdies.

It wasn't a particularly low scoring day, so he has done well.

It wasn't a particularly low scoring day, so he has done well.

Very tight course so a chance for the shorter hitters like Lawrie.

• Advertisement

Another decent round by Lawrie today. 3 under after round two and currently in a tie for 10th.

Advertisement