Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

What a finish. After Rory found water on 17th, convinced that it was all over but to up and down for a bogey to keep ahead of Sullivan, shows that he has not lost the game that he has being a passenger for most of the year in.

3 win's without a major is still a good return and set's up nicely for 2016.

He also won the Wells Fargo on the PGA Tour, so 4 wins in a season (including a WGC) is not a bad return.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Unfortuantely I was only able to watch the first few holes today - seems to have been a great day of golf. Some work from Rory.

Shane Lowry down to 21 in the reankings. Still a great year though, just a disappointing finish.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Shane Lowry down to 21 in the reankings. Still a great year though, just a disappointing finish.

He's on the entry list for the Nedbank, so still a chance to finish on a high note.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

abff wrote: »
    He also won the Wells Fargo on the PGA Tour, so 4 wins in a season (including a WGC) is not a bad return.

Funny enough he won four events last year as well. Granted two of them were majors and one was a WGC, but four wins in a season is pretty good. Especially when he only played in 20 events altogether. Eleven top tens as well.

Not too shabby for a season broken by injury.

• Advertisement

I see Peter Lawrie and Kevin Phelan are first and second reserve for this week's Alfred Dunhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I see Peter Lawrie and Kevin Phelan are first and second reserve for this week's Alfred Dunhill.

Pity for Phelan, he had been listed as a sponsors invite originally.
    He is off to the Australian PGA next week though along with Dunne, Lawrie didn't bother even though he would have got in. Cant say I blame him.

Pity for Phelan, he had been listed as a sponsors invite originally.
    He is off to the Australian PGA next week though along with Dunne, Lawrie didn't bother even though he would have got in. Cant say I blame him.

Both himself and Lawrie seem to have got across the cut line this morning.

Good news for them, hopefully it was expected and they were already over there.

Great news. It'd be a right pain to travel and not play.

• Advertisement

Darren Clarke has a decent enough team for the Eurosia Cup in January. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on as captain.

Ouch! Peter Lawrie has started off the 2016 season with a treble bogey at his first hole.

Ouch! Peter Lawrie has started off the 2016 season with a treble bogey at his first hole.

He's on +6 now :eek:

His form wasn't bad there for a spell, the the last few weeks have been awful.

He's on +6 now :eek:

His form wasn't bad there for a spell, the the last few weeks have been awful.

Now +7. Unfortunately, he seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place at present, as the Americans would say. He probably needs to take a break to work on his game, but also is in a position where he probably feels he has to avail of any opportunities to play that come his way.

Now +7. Unfortunately, he seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place at present, as the Americans would say. He probably needs to take a break to work on his game, but also is in a position where he probably feels he has to avail of any opportunities to play that come his way.

And now +8. His card is all pars with one triple, one double and three bogies. On the other hand, Paul Dunne is -1 after 1 and Kevin Phelan finished -2 for a tie for 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

And now +8. His card is all pars with one triple, one double and three bogies. On the other hand, Paul Dunne is -1 after 1 and Kevin Phelan finished -2 for a tie for 15th.

Poor guy.

First Up wrote: »
    Poor guy.

It's a cruel sport for guys at the back of the field. Oliver Wilson who won the Dunhill Links in 2014 has been dragging around the back of the field since then (as he was before the win). I always keep an eye out for him since it was such a great story at the time, but it's been painful. This year he finished three places ahead of Paul Dunne in the RTD having played in 22 more events than Paul did.

Peter Lawrie did make a birdie on the 18th, so he finished at +7. At least he finished the round on a high note, so hopefully he can push on and make the cut. Paul Dunne started with two birdies on the 1st and 5th, but has followed that up with a double and a bogie, so he's +1 after 8.

I must have put the commentator's curse on poor Olly Wilson as he's now languishing in third last place on +11 with three to play.

He's had 4 doubles, 1 triple, 1 bogie and a birdie. Paul Dunne finished +1 which gives him a good shot at making the cut.

It's very cruel for solo sports people like golfers and tennis players. Lawrie must have been gutted with that start, and his confidence will have been at low ebb anyway after the last few weeks.

Peter Lawrie has withdrawn. :(

Paul Dunne is also struggling to make the cut. He's +3 with three to play and the projected cut is at -1. Still a lot of players to go out though and the cut may well move out.

• Advertisement

Peter Lawrie has withdrawn.

Was he injured/sick or just cheesed off?

No reason given. I suspect there was no point continuing with practically no chance of making the cut.

Paul Dunne doesn't look like he will make the cut either but Kevin Phelan has just got inside the cut line with a couple of birdies and three holes to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's a cruel sport for guys at the back of the field. Oliver Wilson who won the Dunhill Links in 2014 has been dragging around the back of the field since then (as he was before the win). I always keep an eye out for him since it was such a great story at the time, but it's been painful. This year he finished three places ahead of Paul Dunne in the RTD having played in 22 more events than Paul did.

Peter Lawrie did make a birdie on the 18th, so he finished at +7. At least he finished the round on a high note, so hopefully he can push on and make the cut. Paul Dunne started with two birdies on the 1st and 5th, but has followed that up with a double and a bogie, so he's +1 after 8.

it must be hard for them to continue when there struggling and not competing whatsoever.

Must be especaaly hard for guys like wilson who have won and then sink so low.

No reason given. I suspect there was no point continuing with practically no chance of making the cut.

Paul Dunne doesn't look like he will make the cut either but Kevin Phelan has just got inside the cut line with a couple of birdies and three holes to play.

Which he played in 3 over to miss out.

I would say Lawrie is injure or something. It would be poor form to hust get out of there, and I don't think he would do that.

I would say Lawrie is injure or something. It would be poor form to hust get out of there, and I don't think he would do that.

You're probably right. Having gone all the way there, he might as well play the second round even if only for practice. If he was struggling with an injury however, that's a different situation.

A pity that none of the Irish guys made it through. I had hopes for Phelan and Dunne.

Food poisoning.

Food poisoning.

Poor guy - explains the withdrawal, and maybe the +8 as well.

Good start by Paul Dunne, - 1 after 10. He's tied 3rd of morning starters. Schdeker +11 after 13!!

• Advertisement

Good start by Paul Dunne, - 1 after 10. He's tied 3rd of morning starters. Schdeker +11 after 13!!

Finished par, top 10 after round 1.

Advertisement