Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Gutted that Matt Southgate had such a bad day yesterday after his excellent showing in the Irish Open. Heard him being interviewed on 2fm the other night and he sounds like an interesting guy. Some story!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

vienne86 wrote: »
    I see Paul McGinley retired and is talking away on Sky now. Anyone know what happened to him? Hope he's OK.

Ya, just noticed that, only played 4 holes this morning. +3 for those holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Shane just had a 5-putt on the 15th and is now right on the cut line. That's going to sting.

And followed up with a double bogey. Most likely going to miss the cut now. I really didn't see that coming after yesterday's round - I would be staying clear of him as he walks off 18 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

HighLine wrote: »
    Shane just had a 5-putt on the 15th and is now right on the cut line. That's going to sting.

Just home and saw that score on 15 and assumed he'd gone out of bounds or something. What on earth happened.....5 putt is unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

vienne86 wrote:
    Just home and saw that score on 15 and assumed he'd gone out of bounds or something. What on earth happened.....5 putt is unbelievable.

First putt was 20 ft from the back edge and downhill. Don't know where his head was but he knocked it 20 ft past and then hit next one 10 ft too far the other way. At that stage he was scrambled - it was ugly to watch.

The double on the next finished him off. Shame - even scraping into the weekend would have given him a chance to recover but now he has to sit around and think about it.

First Up wrote: »
    First putt was 20 ft from the back edge and downhill. Don't know where his head was but he knocked it 20 ft past and then hit next one 10 ft too far the other way. At that stage he was scrambled - it was ugly to watch.

The double on the next finished him off. Shame - even scraping into the weekend would have given him a chance to recover but now he has to sit around and think about it.

Sounds a bit like Ernie at the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there an app for European tour like the place one? I can't see anything

Mushy wrote:

Don't know what "the place one" means but the European Tour app is readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote:

Don't know what "the place one" means but the European Tour app is readily available.

Autocorrect, meant pga one! Cheers though, hopefully it's as good as the American one.

Edit: only a Web app for Android, really don't get why that happens.

• Advertisement

Great round by Westwood today - only one off the lead now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That must be a new enough app?

Seve OB wrote:
    That must be a new enough app?

Now that I think about it, I just use the link I have to the European Tour website.

Was surprised to see Jiminez on the range at Wentworth this morning. It isn't usual for players who missed the cut to be hanging around two days later. You would think he had better things to do - or places to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

so if a relative unknown wins in france will it almost be enough to earn them a Ryder cup place? with double points if I was captain i'd be worried about someone coming out of the blue, having one good week and suddenly being in the team ahead of a more talented player.

so if a relative unknown wins in france will it almost be enough to earn them a Ryder cup place? with double points if I was captain i'd be worried about someone coming out of the blue, having one good week and suddenly being in the team ahead of a more talented player.

The winner will get a good leg up the table alright but the points on offer won't drag someone from the nether regions into the top 5. They would need to be in a pretty healthy position to begin with so it will hardly be "out of the blue".

Rory opens with a very scrappy double. As bad as I've seen him play a hole.

Rory starts the day at the top of the leaderboard and after 9 holes is 8 shots behind the leader. Of course, tomorrow he will come out and shoot low 60s for 2/3 place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Wang jeunghun looks like an incredible talent. won twice in May and well on his way again here

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Westwood had a great round today. Getting closer to automatically qualifying for the Ryder cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

3.5 million on offer for French open while the Bridgestone boasts 9.5 million, some difference!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Meanwhile, on the Challenge Tour......

Challenge Tour golfers will face par-6 hole this week in Slovakia
    Don’t normally keep tabs on the European Challenge Tour? Well, you might want to this week. That’s because the D+D Real Slovakia Challenge, which begins Thursday in Senica, will utilize a par 6 this week. Yup, a par 6 – more specifically, the 783-yard 15th hole at Penati Golf Resort. The Challenge Tour touts the hole, 716 meters long, as the longest in Europe.

.....that's a lot of golf hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

At first I was thinking that all those pros would reach that comfortably in 3 shots, but

300 yard drive
    260-280 yard 3 wood
    still leaves
    200+ yard 3rd shot.

not straightforward

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

I was just looking at the entry list for the Scottish Open and Paul Dunne appears to have got in ( he was previously showing as first reserve). However, he's not appearing on the list of tee times. Presumably this is because the tee times weren't updated for whatever late withdrawal has taken place. A decent finish here might get him into the Olympics.

I can totally relate - Damn you Halo!

abff wrote: »
    I was just looking at the entry list for the Scottish Open and Paul Dunne appears to have got in ( he was previously showing as first reserve). However, he's not appearing on the list of tee times. Presumably this is because the tee times weren't updated for whatever late withdrawal has taken place. A decent finish here might get him into the Olympics.

Dubuisson has withdrawn so got his spot.Presume he plays at his tee time? or could they change it around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

He's in the group that Dubuisson was scheduled to play in. Assuming both him and Seamus Power would play in the Olympics if they qualify, he will need to gain almost 5 world ranking points on Power in order to finish ahead of him. This means a top 12 finish if Power doesn't pick up any points in this weekend's web.com event.

If Power decides not to play, then Paul would need to pick up approximately 2 world ranking points to make the Olympics. This would equate to top 30 or thereabouts.

Scoop or a stroke? Looks like the former to me.

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/751040236793192448

• Advertisement

He made a backswing, albeit TINY, I'll go for stroke :)

Advertisement