Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

12 over for Paul dunne after 2 rounds! Not good prep for the open.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Tyson Fury wrote:
    12 over for Paul dunne after 2 rounds! Not good prep for the open.

I assume that is your prediction as he hasn't teed off in Round 2 yet.

First Up wrote: »
    I assume that is your prediction as he hasn't teed off in Round 2 yet.

Strange, the app I'm using has him down for two 78's, maybe it can see into the future!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Strange, the app I'm using has him down for two 78's, maybe it can see into the future!!

Hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

bttf2_almanac_biffs_garage.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Are you using flash score?I saw that earlier but if you go into his rounds the 2nd is identical to the first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Can anyway explain to me how/why Jin jeong is able to play each week on tour??

Every time he is always last shorting massively over par scores.
    Last year he played nine tournaments and missed 9 cuts so had no RTD ranking and this year has 20 missed cuts out of 20 tournaments with a stroke average of 77.5

That's just a joke for a professional on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭golfer79

Can anyway explain to me how/why Jin jeong is able to play each week on tour??

Every time he is always last shorting massively over par scores.
    Last year he played nine tournaments and missed 9 cuts so had no RTD ranking and this year has 20 missed cuts out of 20 tournaments with a stroke average of 77.5

That's just a joke for a professional on the tour.

He is playing under a 'medical exemption' according to the European tour website. That being I am guessing that he was injured for a period of time and is given X amount of times grace after that to play in tournaments without having to retain privileges by the usual means?

I've been keeping an eye on him myself since I saw him hit a shot in passing when up at the K Club this year. He hit a ball off a tee box so far right into trees that if I had done it myself I would have been disgusted. He was about a fairways width off course. We were saying "who in the name of God is that fella" and noted his name as he passed.

Can't be easy for him out there and he is obviously giving out money hand over fist on travel, accommodation etc etc without ever taking in any winnings. He was a tour event winner in 2013 so whatever has happened to him, I suspect we won't be seeing his name around much longer once his medical exemption expires.

Solid start by Paul Dunne. He needs a decent week to secure his card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Tom Lewis has had 10 birdies, an eagle and two pars in his first 13 holes today.

He's -12 with five holes to play, including another Par 5. If he pars his way in, it will be a 59. Potentially looking at a 57 or 56!

• Advertisement

Just tuned in again. Tom Lewis is 12 under thru 13 so it's 59/58/57 watch time.

And we have jinxed him. Bogey on 5

Lewis chips with left hand below right. Never seen a pro do that before.

*jinxed

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Excellent effort by Paul Dunne so far today and good showings by Lowry and Cormac Sharvin too.

Peter Lawrie alas......

Great to see the fans turning out in Denmark

Seems to be alot more going on there along with the golf with a rock concert taking place after the golf. Interesting stuff from the Danes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Great to see the fans turning out in Denmark

The 16th seems to have been twinned with the same hole in Scottsdale but without the drunks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

T10 for Paul Dunne nets him 33k and moves him to 105 on the Race to Dubai. I think that might be enough to secure his card ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Any word on why Lawrie WD after 9 holes of round 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    T10 for Paul Dunne nets him 33k and moves him to 105 on the Race to Dubai. I think that might be enough to secure his card ðŸ‘

Not a chance. He is 105th position with only top 110 getting their cards and still 8 weeks left to run. He is only about 4k ahead of the last spot. He is about 10k ahead of the chasing pack.

His top ten finish last week will be a big bolster for him though as it has jumped his category up this week from 16 to 7, so it gets him in to Switzerland, where he would have been left out in the cold. I'm not sure what other events he will play at, but you would imagine that he is guaranteed at least a sponsors invite to the European Open considering it is being held at his "home from home" so to speak. He might not get to play at any other tournaments.

I think he needs a good result this week. If he could get to €210k I think that should be enough to see him through, so that's about another 23k required.

Of course, it all depends on what the guys behind do and whether or not they are playing over the next few weeks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

fullstop wrote: »
    Any word on why Lawrie WD after 9 holes of round 4?

I was wondering that myself. I've tried googling it, but can't find any explanation for what happened.

Very interesting initiative taken at the Dutch open. An ameteur gets to tee off on the par 3 14th alongside each three ball of pros. If they then hit it inside the pros, the ameteur gets two airline tickets!!
    Seems to be going down well anyway. A 13 year old off 2 just beat colsaerts, yang and Gallagher!!

Quite a few shanks though :D

Also, Chris wood not playing good at all and Pieters had to pull out as he got an allergic reaction to a bee sting.

Very interesting initiative taken at the Dutch open. An ameteur gets to tee off on the par 3 14th alongside each three ball of pros. If they then hit it inside the pros, the ameteur gets two airline tickets!! Seems to be going down well anyway. A 13 year old off 2 just beat colsaerts, yang and Gallagher!!

Yes, nice idea. Handy when an airline is a sponsor!

Serious performance by Joost Luiten to win his home championship. Never easy to do it with all the pressure.

Always liked him as a player. Really aggressive, shows his emotion and always seems to be enjoying himself.

And a top 20 finish for Paul Dunne. Should go a long way to securing his card.

First Up wrote: »
    And a top 20 finish for Paul Dunne. Should go a long way to securing his card.

Up to 102nd now but only 20K ahead of number 111 at the moment so still needs a few cheques I would imagine.

Exactly wrote: »
    Up to 102nd now but only 20K ahead of number 111 at the moment so still needs a few cheques I would imagine.

True but 20k goes a long way at that end of the table. Not everyone behind him will be playing in all the remaining events and eight of them would need to do quite well to overtake him.

I'd be optimistic - assuming he can make a couple of cuts I'd say he's OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I see Paul is playing the Italian Open next week, as are Harrington and McGinley. Any word on when we might see Lowry again?

I see Paul is playing the Italian Open next week, as are Harrington and McGinley. Any word on when we might see Lowry again?

Didn't he say he was taking five weeks off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i reckon if he makes the cut and gets a half decent few quid then that could be enough. good run last week, but needs to make less bogies!

Advertisement