Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Mushy wrote: »
    No idea where I got Volvo from. But yeah, July, a links course...expect a bigger American contingent over. Exactly how it should always have been!

One of the radio stations was calling it the Volvo series for a few hours when it was announced, hence yours and my confusion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,204 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

HighLine wrote: »
    Rolex Series. Great news for the Irish Open - it will take the prizefund up from a currently impressive 4 million to 7 million!

That combined with our new July timeslot 2 weeks before The Open is bound to have a big effect on numbers. As an aside... still looks wrong not having the tricolour shown beside the Irish Open.

If I had put a wish list together for the Irish Open, I think it would have fallen short of this. Such a massive bit of news. Surely now it has to be links from here on. The prize money is there and the slot is absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry, no idea how to link this video, but check out the Life on Tour video the European Tour just posted on facebox. Its very cool.

https://www.facebook.com/TheEuropeanTour/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Right, I have obviously been living under some kind of a rock, I live a sheltered life and am just dumb, but clearly by the comments this has been done before?

Who has had a heart attack and getting CPR?

And WTF is this dab thing that Harrington is doing??????

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/798834671429644289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Very cool indeed.. some organisation gone into that video! Harrington with the dab :D:D

Harrington with the dab :D:D

So are you going to let me in on the secret?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »

No secret that I know of - It's just one of those things that people are doing on social media these days... Paddy being very hipster.

No secret that I know of - It's just one of those things that people are doing on social media these days... Paddy being very hipster.

ah right, like the ice bolloxs thing?

why is it called a dab?, looks to me like he is doing a cross between the Usain Bolt, and rubbing the sweat off his brow :rolleyes:

ah right, like the ice bolloxs thing?

why is it called a dab?, looks to me like he is doing a cross between the Usain Bolt, and rubbing the sweat off his brow :rolleyes:

Yeah kinda on the same lines alright. No idea where the term dab came from.

Wonder will those with sensitive ears complain about the f-word in the soundtrack. Maybe an oversight by the Euro Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Isn't it just a dance move that all the cool kids are doing these days?

• Advertisement

well you would know... being one of the cool kids and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Made famous by Cam Newton I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice round of -2 for Shane Lowry today. Rory having another nightmare with the putter - he's at +4 after 10.

fullstop wrote: »
    Made famous by Cam Newton I think.

Sounds like an anti virus software for webcams :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great start for Gary Hurley on last day of Q school. 4 under through 6 holes. Will probably need a couple more to get him into top 25 and secure a tour card. Michael hoey also needs to pick up a shot if say.

Horrendous stuff from Rory so far in Dubai.

It's a shame JP can't putt for Rory today

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/799151660014727169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Great start for Gary Hurley on last day of Q school. 4 under through 6 holes. Will probably need a couple more to get him into top 25 and secure a tour card. Michael hoey also needs to pick up a shot if say.

Both just 1 outside at the minute but will probably have to get to -7 at least

Westwood having a stormer - in the lead on his own at -6 after 17 holes. That'll keep Sky happy.

Finally something goes right for Rory and he gets a birdie. +3 now.

God that was an outrageous par by Hatton on the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

God that was an outrageous par by Hatton on the 17th

And then he hits it into the drink on 18.

• Advertisement

Matthew Fitzpatrick played some lovely golf - I wonder where that win will put him in the world rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

vienne86 wrote: »
    Matthew Fitzpatrick played some lovely golf - I wonder where that win will put him in the world rankings.

Could move to inside the top 30 of the Official World Golf Ranking, from 51st

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016090/news/newsid=315579.html

Quintis wrote: »
    Could move to inside the top 30 of the Official World Golf Ranking, from 51st

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016090/news/newsid=315579.html

The OWGR doesn't seem to have been updated yet.......or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The PGA Tour event went to a playoff that was held over until today, so they're probably a bit behind as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to see Rory on european tour early days.

He is gold dust - crowds unreal.

5 under after 12.

While Dunne falters, I have taken notice of this Jordan smith lad. Seriously impressive last few years and the perfect way to start a career.

2015... Wins europro tour
    2016... Wins challenge tour
    2017... Already made 100k from first 3 events on tour and inside worlds top100

3rd win for Wang in 29 events. Only 21 too. Another potential star.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

3rd win for Wang in 29 events. Only 21 too. Another potential star.

I think you can delete "potential".

First Up wrote: »
    I think you can delete "potential".

Indeed. I'm wondering will that win bring him into the top 50 in the OWGR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

I reckon it should bring him up to around 38th to 40th in the rankings.

Advertisement