Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭golfer79

vienne86 wrote: »
    Indeed. I'm wondering will that win bring him into the top 50 in the OWGR.

Possibly up to 39th according to European Tour website.

Think Lowry may possibly be about to slip out of the top 50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

golfer79 wrote: »
    Possibly up to 39th according to European Tour website.

Think Lowry may possibly be about to slip out of the top 50 though.

Wang up to 39th, Lowry down 3 places to 53rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Wang up to 39th, Lowry down 3 places to 53rd.

Lowry's slippage has been disappointing. He had a good round yesterday to bring him up to a repectable position, and as this was his first outing of the year, he should be reasonably confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dubai suspended for a bit of wind

and, its a bit cold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

There really should be some sort of score adjustment system in Golf like the Duckworth Lewis in Cricket because while the first half of the field had to play in bad conditions the second half were called in when it got a bit worse and now will most likely have lovely weather tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

There really should be some sort of score adjustment system in Golf like the Duckworth Lewis in Cricket because while the first half of the field had to play in bad conditions the second half were called in when it got a bit worse and now will most likely have lovely weather tomorrow morning.

Probably the worst suggestion I have ever seen on boards :confused::confused::confused:

It's part of golf - the luck of the draw....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Lots of players not happy with today's suspension of play. It definitely fooks over the late-early players but thems the breaks.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/10744/Player_Anger_at_Suspension_of_Play_in_Dubai.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Nah, it all balances out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Probably the worst suggestion I have ever seen on boards :confused::confused::confused:

It's part of golf - the luck of the draw....

I agree with luck of the draw. But in this case the lucky half of the draw has been penalised, not by weather but by tournament officials.

Half the field basically has no chance of winning this tournament because they were unlucky enough to be on the right side of the draw. Is that part of golf too?

Kaymer played some stunning golf in those conditions and has no chance of winning the tournament because when it got slightly worse they decided to give the other half a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Garcia seems to be home and hosed. The prize fund seems to be 3 times bigger at the phoenix open on the pga tour, amazing the top Europeans aren't over there

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Really good to see my man Sergio winning again. Very strong performance. Played extremely well over the weekend with plenty of pressure on him so good to see him finish it out.
    Hopefully a few more wins for Sergio and dare I say it...... He can still win that elusive major.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭ronjo

Wiesberger is currently on a run of 9 birdies in a row in Malaysia !

ronjo wrote: »
    Wiesberger is currently on a run of 9 birdies in a row in Malaysia !

Followed by a par and then a bogey.....great run though.

Great two rounds by Niall Turner. Paul Dunne struggling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭ronjo

Warren was -12 after 12 holes today overall and has finished on -6 with a treble bogey on his last.
    Dinner is not going to taste very nice for him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

What happened to Turner today? Was he on the lash last night celebrating his making the cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

First Up wrote: »
    What happened to Turner today? Was he on the lash last night celebrating his making the cut?

He says he got food poisoning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

paulos53 wrote:
    He says he got food poisoning

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Unusual event in India this week - course is crazy looking - in a quary by the looks - very unusual. Holes with very large changes in elevation. Looks very very hard.

Is interesting change. Low prize level $1.5 million.

Now it doesn't look like the most friendly course for spectators - just as well as basically no one at it.

Was just thinking how on earth could you have an event in a city with 21 million people and have no one at it.

That is India for you. Very difficult to understand from afar.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was just thinking how on earth could you have an event in a city with 21 million people and have no one at it.

I'd say that only a tiny percentage of that 21 million would have enough disposable income to consider spending it on something as frivolous as going to a golf tournament. And of that tiny percentage, how many would actually have any interest in golf? The world's most popular sport, soccer, has struggled for many years to get any sort of a foothold in India where for the vast majority of people sport means cricket. Very hard to attract much of a crowd when you have those obstacles to overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Unusual event in India this week - course is crazy looking - in a quary by the looks - very unusual. Holes with very large changes in elevation. .

Yeah, last few holes are in a quarry(from ET website):

COURSE

Opened
    Course designer - Gary Player
    Special features- Man made Quarry on holes 16th and 17th.
    General playability - Tight course where tee shots will be crucial.
    Undulating / flat - Undulating course
    Tree lined / exposed - Lots of landscape areas in rough making it narrow.
    Many / few water hazards- 2 big hazard covering holes 5.6.8.9.16.1 & 18
    Changes to the course - Completely redesigned by Gary Player.

OTHER FEATURES
    - All bunker faces riveted with geotextile materia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

martinkop wrote: »
    Yeah, last few holes are in a quarry(from ET website):

COURSE

Opened
    Course designer - Gary Player
    Special features- Man made Quarry on holes 16th and 17th.
    General playability - Tight course where tee shots will be crucial.
    Undulating / flat - Undulating course
    Tree lined / exposed - Lots of landscape areas in rough making it narrow.
    Many / few water hazards- 2 big hazard covering holes 5.6.8.9.16.1 & 18
    Changes to the course - Completely redesigned by Gary Player.

OTHER FEATURES
    - All bunker faces riveted with geotextile materia

In the future every course will have man made quarry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Michael Hoey shoots career best 61 at the Rocco Forte open.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Didn't realise how far Quiros had fallen down the ranks - was part injury I think ?

A lad who had a couple of years in the millions of prize money - now playing lower ranking events and some challenge tour.

I'm sure he has earned enough to have him sorted for life - but can be an incredible fall in golf.

Didn't realise how far Quiros had fallen down the ranks - was part injury I think ?

A lad who had a couple of years in the millions of prize money - now playing lower ranking events and some challenge tour.

I'm sure he has earned enough to have him sorted for life - but can be an incredible fall in golf.

Some par save he had on the last. One of the best ball strikers I've ever seen in real life. Really not sure where it went downhill for him a few years back but he is looking good for tomorrow.

The wheels are falling off the wagon today for Quiros. Had a 7 shot lead at one stage today and now looking like he might be tied for the lead after this hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Glad to see him win. Always came across well, he had a serious fall down the rankings

Anyone else having trouble with the leaderboard for the BMW today? Nice round from Shane Lowry - after opening with a bogey, he finished on -4, and is on the first page of the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

^ Yes. The new website isn't functioning properly. I even changed my password as it told me I had an invalid log in but it still wont work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

^ Yes. The new website isn't functioning properly. I even changed my password as it told me I had an invalid log in but it still wont work.

Lee Westwood was complaining about it on twitter. Typical it would fall over on its first day of the upgrade

Advertisement