Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Can't find a clip of it but that relief Brandon Grace got from the bunker earlier was nothing short of farcical. Ball badly plugged on the face of the bunker and then he proceeds to dig his feet in like he was digging for gold until he reaches the membrane of the bunker and claims free relief.

Here is a link. Scroll down and play the second video. Should have been a 2 stroke penalty if nothing else for building a stance.

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10893118/branden-grace-defends-bunker-ruling-at-bmw-pga-championship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 GrainneArd

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Lee Westwood was complaining about it on twitter. Typical it would fall over on its first day of the upgrade

It gave me ANOTHER reason to hate my computer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

HighLine wrote: »
    Can't find a clip of it but that relief Brandon Grace got from the bunker earlier was nothing short of farcical. Ball badly plugged on the face of the bunker and then he proceeds to dig his feet in like he was digging for gold until he reaches the membrane of the bunker and claims free relief.

Here is a link. Scroll down and play the second video. Should have been a 2 stroke penalty if nothing else for building a stance.

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10893118/branden-grace-defends-bunker-ruling-at-bmw-pga-championship

The absolute neck on him to even ask for a drop there. Ridiculous from the referee to give that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The new site is a joke to follow on mobile.

In the same way the decision was to givecGrace a drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 GrainneArd

Shock horror leaderboard is now working. Happy to see Shane having decent round but wouldn't be surprised if Paul (Dunne) hits the top 5 this weekend. He is so rock solid this weather. Rarely, if ever, plays a bad round while Shane has a mare on one round every competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

And Ernie called a penalty on himself for failing to replace the ball correctly as it felt wrong when he hit it. Els is a class act. Grace should take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Russman

Nothing but respect for Ernie, when in doubt, there is no doubt, IMO. Fair play to him for calling it.

That Grace drop was a bit of a joke though. Fair enough if his feet were touching the membrane after just a little bit of a wiggle to take a stance, but it really looked like he dug the feet right in. Maybe a function of the guys mostly wearing spikeless shoes nowadays (no idea if he was or not) ?

On the Ernie penalty though, I would have thought the recent ruling/decision by the R&A / USGA might have cleared him ? Although, as he said himself, he knew it came out too well.

".......The second standard applies when a player determines a spot, point, position, line, area, distance or other location in applying the Rules, and recognises that a player should not be held to the degree of precision that can sometimes be provided by video technology. Examples include determining the nearest point of relief, or replacing a lifted ball.
    So long as the player does what can reasonably be expected under the circumstances to make an accurate determination, the player’s reasonable judgment will be accepted, even if later shown to be wrong by the use of video evidence......"

They've made some mess of the website. Surely they have an abort button to return to the original. On the phone it's especially unusable. The leaderboard is even gone arseways for me. David Drysdale is leading on +1, then there's lads behind him on -6.

Such a European tour thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They've made some mess of the website. Surely they have an abort button to return to the original. On the phone it's especially unusable. The leaderboard is even gone arseways for me. David Drysdale is leading on +1, then there's lads behind him on -6.

Such a European tour thing to do.

yea and it's not just the scoreboard.
    click into Paul Dunne's profile. did you know he has 1 european tour win to his name! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea and it's not just the scoreboard.
    click into Paul Dunne's profile. did you know he has 1 european tour win to his name! :rolleyes:

Has him in for winning Trophee Hassan:D, new website doesn't care about play-offs:pac:

It also demands a lot of RAM form your hard drive, slowing everything down.

Total cluster-f**k:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

What are people's opinions on the BMW PGA? For me it's always felt a bit flat but that could be a consequence of the big build up it receives from sky etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So we have the leaderboard again, but what a mess of a website. And even the leaderboard is a bit of a mess. You really don't need to put the round number next to the day's score.....and I haven't dared try it on the phone next.

Disappointing from Dunne so far, but Shane Lowry going nicely and getting plenty of coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Shane's putting is worse than i have ever seen it

On this new-fangled leaderboard on the European Tour Website (which takes forever to load), what is the little number with the arrow beside it, just left of the player's name? I would expect it to be the change of position since yesterday's close of play, but it can't be that, because there is a down arrow and 1 beside Shane Lowry - he's in joint 23rd as I write, a lot more than 1 place below where he was after yesterday's round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Dbu

Lads if ye think the new website is bad, dont even dream of downloading the new app from the store....Holy cow, they have got it so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Flash scores app is working perfectly for anyone looking to follow online.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

NDWC wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on the BMW PGA? For me it's always felt a bit flat but that could be a consequence of the big build up it receives from sky etc.

They ruined the course and the tournament by changing the 18th hole

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Flash scores app is working perfectly for anyone looking to follow online.

It obviously gets its feed from the European tour site, as it wasn't working yesterday, but was fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

The leaderboard is the most important part of the website by ratio of 95%

Incredible **** up.

Giving out ?58m in prizemoney for this Rolex Tournaments but can't a decent website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

That is just top drawer!!! Simply brilliant stuff. Very simple and low key but amazing for the young lad. Well done to all involved.

ForeRight wrote: »
    That is just top drawer!!! Simply brilliant stuff. Very simple and low key but amazing for the young lad. Well done to all involved.

Ah brilliant - great ad for pro golf!

Great stuff!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Live feed behind the scenes:

Pieters just hit 2 shots that even I would be disgusted about.
    Trying to punch a 4 iron out from under trees ball didn't travel 40 yards both times!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone know Shane's tee time today? I'm not inclined to check the website.

Anyone know Shane's tee time today? I'm not inclined to check the website.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I know I keep harping on about it... but I just saw additional footage (see link below) of the Grace relief from the bunker. It has to be one of the worst decisions by a rules official that I can remember seeing. Look how much he digs his feet in. It should categorically be a 2 stroke penalty for building a stance and instead, he gets free relief.

I'm just hoping a cheat doesn't win this today.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/grace-contending-bmw-pga-after-ridiculous-drop/?cid=twitter-gc-v-grace-contending-bmw-pga-after-ridiculous-drop-052617&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

I know I keep harping on about it... but I just saw additional footage (see link below) of the Grace relief from the bunker. It has to be one of the worst decisions by a rules official that I can remember seeing. Look how much he digs his feet in. It should categorically be a 2 stroke penalty for building a stance and instead, he gets free relief.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/grace-contending-bmw-pga-after-ridiculous-drop/?cid=twitter-gc-v-grace-contending-bmw-pga-after-ridiculous-drop-052617&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

looked at it their. shocking decision, seemed to be telling the official what was gonna happen instead of asking. sure if we all dug down that much in a bunker we'd find **** too

• Advertisement

I feel a Grace win is inevitable, unfortunately. I'd like to see the crowd make him uncomfortable.

Advertisement