Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Gavin bogeyed 15th. currently T28th.

Two par 5s to come, 2 birdies should get him top 25. 1 birdie may get him into a playoff for top 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Russman

Gavin bogeyed 15th. currently T28th.

Two par 5s to come, 2 birdies should get him top 25. 1 birdie may get him into a playoff for top 25.

Is there a playoff ? Is it not top 25 and ties ?

It could be but i thought there was a playoff last year. Cut line could move to -14 shortly.

Gavin still on -12 after par on 16.

Edit: yes 25 and ties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Birdies the last. Time for a prayer

Birdies 18 to move to T25th.

• Advertisement

The rest on T25 have finished so would take something special from the guys on -12 to overtake them all

Compare Sergio Garcia's attitude to that of Justin Rose and in particular Tommy Fleetwood in relation to the Race to Dubai glory. Of course Sergio is unlikely to win this but I feel that Garcia would not be bothered whatever way. Imagine if he was in contention for the R2D come Sunday and won it?

Winning the R2D should be one of the top list of achievements for any European player and be a springboard for future success into 2018 and beyond. I just felt he was a bit too dismissive of the situation but that is just my opinion. Paul McGinley was far from impressed with Garcia's comments on Sky this morning which I felt was very interesting for a man like Paul who would be quite friendly with most of the European guys after Europe's Ryder Cup success in 2014 where he captained brilliantly.

Ask García about the race to Dubai a few months ago or the fed ex cup and his answer will be a lot different. Asking him yesterday is like asking a football player if they will come back from 10-0 down at half time....yes there is a chance but it’s not going to happen.

Fleetwood was asked who he would back and he said himself in a less than convincing way, he is leading it and should have been more confident.

Rose was a ‘we’ll give it a good go’ interview. Before the WGC event rose openly said his year was at C+ level.

The rest on T25 have finished so would take something special from the guys on -12 to overtake them all

Looks now like it would take two of them to do something special, as the -13s are now T24 (I think !)

Yeah blomstrand hit double bogey on 15th so a little more breathing space.

2 players playing the last par 5, birdies would knock the 13’s out

• Advertisement

He's the danger, with 2 par 5s to go, unless the other two still out on -12 were to eagle the last I reckon.

T23 now. a bogey from further up the field.

Need 3 golfers to improve to knock him out.

AGC wrote: »
    2 players playing the last par 5, birdies would knock the 13’s out

True !

Actually, no, I don't think so. That would leave the -13s at T25 wouldn't it ?

Russman wrote: »
    True !

Actually, no, I don't think so. That would leave the -13s at T25 wouldn't it ?

There would be 24 on -14 or better so he’d still just scrap it

Think it was sturehed birdied 18th to knock him back to T24.
    thomson, nixon, blomstrand are the worries now. 2 birdies out of the 3 would move the large group to T26.

Think it was sturehed birdied 18th to knock him back to T24.
    thomson, nixon, blomstrand are the worries now. 2 birdies out of the 3 would move the large group to T26.

Bit of breathing space if Thomson doesn't birdie 18

birdies from thomson and nixon, still t25.

blomstrand only danger. needs 2 birdies.

edit: baldwin drops a shot, gavin now T24

Clearing up now, depending on Bloomstrand not going 2 under for his last 3 holes. Otherwise we'll need a bogey from Matthew Baldwin.

Edit: You'd have to think Baldwin will get back to -14 after that drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

Swede Christofer Blomstrand stands in the way of Moynihan for a European Tour card. If Blomstrand makes 2 birdies and a par in his last 3 holes in any order than Gavin misses out on an additional 3 or 4 events on the tour for 2018. Anyways this has been an excellent year for Gavin whatever happens. Matthew Baldwin also at 13 under after a bogey on 15th so it is still all to play for.

If he finishes inside the top 25 Gavin can also get unlimited European Tour invites also in 2018

• Advertisement

Now looking very dodgy, if both Baldwin and Blomstrand birdie 18, its curtains

Birdie for Bloomstaad on 16

Laurie Canter bogeys the par 5 16th to fall to 14 under. What drama. Plenty of twists and turns still ahead!

Swede Christofer Blomstrand stands in the way of Moynihan for a European Tour card. If Blomstrand makes 2 birdies and a par in his last 3 holes in any order than Gavin misses out on an additional 3 or 4 events on the tour for 2018. Anyways this has been an excellent year for Gavin whatever happens. Matthew Baldwin also at 13 under after a bogey on 15th so it is still all to play for.

Are you writing articles for a site or practicing for journalism or something?

AGC wrote: »
    Are you writing articles for a site or practicing for journalism or something?

No. I am just very knowledgeable about the rankings and what it means for any player especially when the Irish players are concerned

Not looking good with Baldwin having 2 par 5’s and Bloomstaad 1

you would hope if they knew par was good enough on 18th they might not go for it in 2. especially in baldwin's case.

Well, you'd hope someone tells one of them that par on 18 is good enough......

Brian from Irish Golf Desk is out there, gentle word in both players' ears on 18th tee box.

a birdie each from them would take cards off 8 golfers in total.

• Advertisement

Whoever looks after the scoring app must have gone out to watch the golf because it’s being updated

Advertisement