Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

From Irish Golf Desk
    https://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2018/4/13/dunne-tied-at-the-top-as-moynihan-suffers-spanish-hiccup
    Five-under after 10 holes, the Dubliner (23) lost a ball, thinned bunker shot and had a penalty drop as he made a nine at the par-five fifth, then bogeyed the next to end the day outside the projected cut mark on level par.

“It had a bit of everything,” said Moynihan, who will join Dunne on Team Ireland in next month’s innovative GolfSixes at Centurion Golf Club in St Alban's from May 5-6.

“I played lovely all day and had what was probably the best up and down of my life for the nine too!”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Paul Dunne is back in the lead after 8 holes of his second round. His better ball score for the back nine is an astonishing 9 under par.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great stuff from Dunne hopefully he can keep it going. Too bad the prize money is pityfull.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Great stuff from Dunne hopefully he can keep it going. Too bad the prize money is pityfull.

How bad is it? I was looking at the ET website there and there is nothing listed under the prize money breakdown.

How bad is it? I was looking at the ET website there and there is nothing listed under the prize money breakdown.

1.5 million total purse.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

What another win would bring is what it’s all about for Dunne. Money will not be an issue for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Panrich

Rahm can be very contrary when things aren't going his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

€250,000 for the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

We’re very lucky to have Rory promoting the Irish Open in fairness. Embarrassing for Spain with the players they have and have had over the years that they can’t get investment for a decent Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Spain is a skint country, has been for a good few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Spain is a skint country, has been for a good few years

so are we. thats why we get Arab money to run our open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Course looked below standard for a European Tour event.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wombatman wrote: »
    Course looked below standard for a European Tour event.

They only had 8 weeks notice to get it ready. Wouldn't begrudge the course itself.

Loving this scilly course, my idea of heaven.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm probably like a broken record now, but Horsfield on the 10th not shouting fore was disgraceful. Par 3, straight into the crowd of 6/7 deep. Karma was sweet when he bladed his next through the green into heavy rough and got double bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm probably like a broken record now, but Horsfield on the 10th not shouting fore was disgraceful. Par 3, straight into the crowd of 6/7 deep. Karma was sweet when he bladed his next through the green into heavy rough and got double bogey

Should be 2 shot penalty.

Agreed.

Then you have the opposite of people standing in the most ridiculous positions when Rory clocked the woman on the hand early on

AGC wrote: »

Agreed.

Then you have the opposite of people standing in the most ridiculous positions when Rory clocked the woman on the hand early on

Didn't see either of them (playing myself, then referendum coverage). Below link though:

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11386403/rory-mcilroy-leaves-two-spectators-needing-medical-treatment-at-bmw-pga

Saying he's lucky cos it would have gone into trees/Out of bounds...That's not good enough. There some etiquette for the game, top players don't seem to care. Officials need to act.

This could be a general thread, it's every tournament that it's happening. Nice to see how fans are thought of

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just in case people want to watch - the players might be out a bit earlier today I think, due to projected electric activity

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is usually better on the euro tour, the guys playing in the US are the main culprits...

• Advertisement

Didn't see either of them (playing myself, then referendum coverage). Below link though:

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11386403/rory-mcilroy-leaves-two-spectators-needing-medical-treatment-at-bmw-pga

Saying he's lucky cos it would have gone into trees/Out of bounds...That's not good enough. There some etiquette for the game, top players don't seem to care. Officials need to act.

This could be a general thread, it's every tournament that it's happening. Nice to see how fans are thought of

The one where McIlroy hit 2 people with 1 shot he had no hope of calling fore, before he even looked up it had hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Class golf from Molinari

Rory after him with a wedge sums up why Rory is behind the top pros.

He ends up maybe double the distance away - all same distance - 140 or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Molinari irons destroying Rory, he just can't come close

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Joe Dog

Surely there has to be a responsibility on the caddy aswell to shout fore.

Not making an excuse for the players as it's a disgrace when they don't do it considering how dangerous getting hit by a golf ball can be but I can understand when payers forget as they must be so focused on playing they may sometimes just forget themselves due to sheer frustration, at least if the tour came up with the idea that the caddy must shout fore aswell the chances of both caddy and player not shouting would be reduced.

Joe Dog wrote: »

Surely there has to be a responsibility on the caddy aswell to shout fore.

Not making an excuse for the players as it's a disgrace when they don't do it considering how dangerous getting hit by a golf ball can be but I can understand when payers forget as they must be so focused on playing they may sometimes just forget themselves due to sheer frustration, at least if the tour came up with the idea that the caddy must shout fore aswell the chances of both caddy and player not shouting would be reduced.

If they can penalise the player for the caddy not shouting I'd be up for it. Ultimate onus should be on the players though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know it still below the top level (US) - but at least this Rolex series has put a bit of life back into the European tour.

It makes it an option for guys not making it in US but well able to win events in Europe - come here and pick up very good money.

The drop off to the regular European Tour events is massive and you are sort of making a 2nd and 3rd tier European tour.

We are very lucky the Irish got in the list. You have big important European golf nations like Germany, Spain, Sweden outside of it.

Some interesting players showing a surprise return to form - or just play better in Europe could be a reality for some.

Westwood still able to pick up cash
    McDowell kick back against being a Ryder cup vice.
    Poluter continues his improved form
    Willett strange few years

Molinari's iron play is ridiculous - at flag or over flag. He looks like he could be up there in a major this year.

Stunning course - would love to play golf in Italy and then wine and dine after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Molinari going so well to back up what he did last week. Loads of pressure on him this week as well.

Good to see a lot of the so called bigger European names playing better. Still a few spots up for grabs on the Ryder cup team and these boys need to continue there form. Thomas Pieters being the main man.

Edit: what a birdie on the last

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Some putt by Molinari!!!...Could be a playoff coming up...
    ...Edit, pars the final hole and 1 shot victory, but enjoyed this week and good atmosphere as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Westwood still able to pick up cash

He jumped back over McIlroy in the career money list on the ET with is E214,000 this week, E34,642,941 total, roughly E190,000 ahead of Rory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Poluter continues his improved form

Interesting the way autocorrect spells Poulter for you there Fixed :D

Advertisement