Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

lostatsea wrote: »
    Padraig back in contention after a wonderful third round of 65. That new take-away movement in his backswing is working wonders.

Going alright today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Balls that sky are hiding it behind the red button.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Balls that sky are hiding it behind the red button.

Would the women get a bigger audience? Seems like a strange decision

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Sky have a number of sports channels - it would be possible to put live golf on one of the other channels that are showing replays of the premiership from 10 years ago. That would help to make up for the loss of the PGA. As someone who buys Sky for their coverage of the European and PGA tours I'm getting annoyed at missing out on top live events.
    It reminds me of the old days when you would be watching live golf on BBC for 3 days and then on the final day of the tournament BBC NI would give us live coverage of a GAA match obliterating the golf for most of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

lostatsea wrote:
    Sky have a number of sports channels - it would be possible to put live golf on one of the other channels that are showing replays of the premiership from 10 years ago. That would help to make up for the loss of the PGA. As someone who buys Sky for their coverage of the European and PGA tours I'm getting annoyed at missing out on top live events. It reminds me of the old days when you would be watching live golf on BBC for 3 days and then on the final day of the tournament BBC NI would give us live coverage of a GAA match obliterating the golf for most of the afternoon.

If you have a Sky dish you have access to the extra golf coverage via the red button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Synode wrote: »
    Would the women get a bigger audience? Seems like a strange decision

Prob contracted to show the Women’s Majors on live tv to at least some extent.(no red button etc)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The last Major of the year with all the top players versus a second tier field event, they made the right call

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    The last Major of the year with all the top players versus a second tier field event, they made the right call

Prob from a viewership point of view the Ladies event would've been way down.

Not saying I disagree with what you said, but in what way was it 'the right call'?

Just interested because I'm 50/50 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

callaway92 wrote: »
    slave1 wrote: »

Prob from a viewership point of view the Ladies event would've been way down.

Not saying I disagree with what you said, but in what way was it 'the right call'?

Just interested because I'm 50/50 on it.
    Because if they didn't show it there would have been a bunch of news stories and articles written about how Sky are sexist?

Because if they didn't show it there would have been a bunch of news stories and articles written about how Sky are sexist?

Not having that as a reason at all at all!

You don't actually believe that would happen do you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

callaway92 wrote: »

Not having that as a reason at all at all!

You don't actually believe that would happen do you???

Certainly possible. I’ve seen sexism allegations for less.

For example Manchester United were basically forced to field a women’s team even though it’s a loss making exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

59 watch. Oliver fisher -9 through 11. Needs to play the last 7 holes 3 under to hit 59.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

-11 now with 3 to go including a par 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

watching on Sky Go in the office - O Fisher has looked nervous with the chance of shooting a 59.... (don't blame him mind) Nice Par save there on 16 though!

Nice drive there. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Shane Lowry putting together a nice round as well . . . !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

watching on Sky Go in the office - O Fisher has looked nervous with the chance of shooting a 59.... (don't blame him mind) Nice Par save there on 16 though!

Just as he hits the par 5 in 2, technical error on sky go!

Jesus the leader. Ricardo. Serious dose of the chipping yips. Nightmare stuff.

AGC wrote: »

Just as he hits the par 5 in 2, technical error on sky go!
    Hahaha . . Way behind so !

Another smoking drive down the middle. Jesus i think im more nervous for him than he is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Excellent round, delighted it's finally been done in on European Tour...Almost a 58 too!!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Great achievement, thought the putt on 18 was in!

Class stuff. Fair play to him!! Always comes across as one of the nice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Said I’d hold off on commenting on a 59 this time. Seemed to jinx it the last few close calls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Huge achievement. I remember a number of years ago, he couldn't break 80, his head was toast.

Delighted for the chap, its some road to get to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Superb achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Finally the monkey of the back for the European tour with the 59, the flood gates will open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Greens look really poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is there a more likeable guy in world golf than Eddie Pepperell.
    Man's a legend. Hopefully he can knock in his second win tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Eddie just wobbling ever so slightly here, having to scramble a bit too much for comfort.

Advertisement