Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That’s settled it surely. Wd Eddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Miserable conditions, reminds me of playing yesterday :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Yes Eddie!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Miserable conditions, reminds me of playing yesterday :(

Weren’t they, and not a great looking course IMHO either, not great TV, the women’s golf from Asia was much better viewing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Do think it's strange having back-to-back tournaments in Britain during October. Although I wouldn't change the Dunhill Links as it always feels like a nice end to the golfing year in this part of the world.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Weren’t they, and not a great looking course IMHO either, not great TV, the women’s golf from Asia was much better viewing

Probably down to personal taste but I liked the look of that golf course. Kind of rough looking, traditional, not manicured to within an inch of its life. The heather really gives it a signature touch and made it challenging. A good choice by Rose I thought and I think they deserve a lot of credit for getting this tournament back in a prominent place on the calendar. They tried to do something different and it’s working.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Probably down to personal taste but I liked the look of that golf course. Kind of rough looking, traditional, not manicured to within an inch of its life. The heather really gives it a signature touch and made it challenging. A good choice by Rose I thought and I think they deserve a lot of credit for getting this tournament back in a prominent place on the calendar. They tried to do something different and it’s working.

Walton Heath is one of the finest courses on these islands but Rose didn't chose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

slave1 wrote: »

Have played it a good few times and it is up there with the best courses I’ve played. Really is a lovely course.

Well it appears that the tournament was not a success, low numbers attending and now Sky have completed their sponsorship the British Masters is no more (again), looks like the PGA in September will be the only European Tour event in England next year and that's quite late into the year IMHO (rescheduled due to USPGA rescheduling)...

What is Sam Horsefield thinking about standing over those shots? Has time to make tea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Exciting finish. Li looked heartbroken when he missed that putt, didn’t expect rose to miss as well.

2 poor putts on 18. Rose with a very weak one after a great bunker shot.

Well that was a shocking finish...

Some miss... did that putt even hit the hole? :eek:

Rose back number one

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Rose back number one

For 1 week only. He will be back to number 2 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Amateur hour stuff from Haotong yesterday, took no time over the second putt. From what the commentators said there was 6 inches of break on it. For someone that's won a few times before that was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

Gavin Moynihan, Cormac Sharvin & Robin Dawson came through stage 2 of the Q School today. The final stage starts on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

NDWC wrote: »
    Amateur hour stuff from Haotong yesterday, took no time over the second putt. From what the commentators said there was 6 inches of break on it. For someone that's won a few times before that was poor.

Rush of blood to the head - these things happen.

Was probably still mad that he didnt win it in regulation. Only hitting a wedge into the last and leaves it 50 feet away and then 3 putting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great first round from Sergio down in South Africa

Rikand wrote: »
    Great first round from Sergio down in South Africa

Yeah he's in a great position for the tournament already course suits him to a tee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

paulos53 wrote: »
    Gavin Moynihan, Cormac Sharvin & Robin Dawson came through stage 2 of the Q School today. The final stage starts on Saturday

Moynihan 3 under
    Sharvin Level
    Dawson 1 over after the 1st 18 holes today.

All three played the tougher Lumine Lakes course today. For Gavin Moynihan though, it is a case of taking each hole as it comes. The Dubliner hurt his back during practice yesterday and according to journalist Brian Keogh, he is in pain, but is battling through it. Cormac made two birdies and a double bogey. While Robin made 4 bogeys in 5 holes in his back nine, to finish one over par.

The Lumine Hills course awaits all three men tomorrow. The cut will be made on Tuesday, after the conclusion of round 4 with the top 70 and ties making it through to the final two rounds in Lumine Lakes course. The top 25 and ties after Thursday's final round will secure their European Tour cards for 2019. While anyone below that will get full Challenge Tour playing privileges for next season. Fingers crossed for all three players.

Westwood gonna get job done in style. A winner again after a 4 year gap. Just shows class never goes away, sensational round today.

Not sure what Louis was thinking about taking on that shot. Great to see Lee get the win.

Westwood very emotional, I suppose understandably. Always liked him so happy to see the flame still burning.

Still a good week for Sergio too even if he stalled somewhat after round 2. Back in form and bodes well for 2019 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Great final day, pity it will go relatively under the radar. I've never been a great believer in Westwood closing out a tournament, but that was absolutely superb from him today. Fully deserved win and tremendous final round.

Justin Rose not among the entries for the European Tour's season finale, the DP World Tour Championship starting this Thursday in Dubai. Does anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

Justin Rose not among the entries for the European Tour's season finale, the DP World Tour Championship starting this Thursday in Dubai. Does anyone know why?
    ...No specific reason, he stated he has a couple of other things on the next couple of weeks so it won't suit him...He is also 1.2million behind so I think impossible to win the race to Dubai (open to correction)...
    He expected to announce a new deal with different maker which is a bit strange considering how well this season has gone for him, but guessing that's the main reason he is skipping this week...

• Advertisement

Latest from European Tour Q-School Final Stage

Gavin Moynihan shot a 6 under 66 to end round 2 at 9 under and inside the top 25, that secure their European Tour cards for 2019, at the moment with 4 rounds to go. Moynihan plays the Lumine Hills Course tomorrow.

Cormac Sharvin 1 over and Robin Dawson at 1 under have plenty of work to do if they are to make the cut which will set on Tuesday, with the top 70 and ties qualifying for the final two rounds of this 108 hole marathon. These two will play the Lumine Lakes course tomorrow for round 3.

Advertisement