Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Sharvin in at the moment

AGC wrote: »
    Hope I am wrong but unrealistic for Sharvin, he needs someone to drop out f the group ahead and no one to pick up shots from behind and with a relatively straightforward finish it is unlikely he'll move up.

Pressure though.

Squeaky bum time on the last for Moynihan - Currently on the mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ready4liftoff

Moynihan bogeys 17. Drops to 16 under, tied for 20th. Sharvin back to Tied for 27th at 15 under.

Good to see Robin Dawson fighting back in round six. 3 over for the day through 8, he has managed 4 birdies in his last 7 holes to go 1 under for the day and 4 under for the event. Not good enough for a European Tour card this week, but I'm sure he will get lots of opportunities to showcase his talents on both European and Challenge tours in 2019.

• Advertisement

And breath.....Moynihan will scrap in on the mark.

Great achievement again. Hopefully pushes on a bit more next season.

Moynihan pars 18. Finishes at 16 under. Card secured. Tied-20th

Sharvin 15 under now tied-28th. One shot and 3 places outside the magic 25th card.

And breath.....Moynihan will scrap in on the mark.

Great achievement again. Hopefully pushes on a bit more next season.

Don't forget all the problems that Gavin had with his back this week. Tremendous performance by the Dubliner. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Will there be a playoff for the 8 players tied 20?

I thought it was only 25 cards? Or do all 8 get cards? Granted some still have to finish

kiers47 wrote: »
    Will there be a playoff for the 8 players tied 20?

I thought it was only 25 cards? Or do all 8 get cards? Granted some still have to finish

No that changed. Now 25 and ties

• Advertisement

No that changed. Now 25 and ties

Nice!!
    Thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does Fleetwood need to win this week to win the race to win the dubai?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yes, and Molinari to finish out of the top 5 I think

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes, and Molinari to finish out of the top 5 I think

Top 6 does Molinari

Didn't see any of the golf yesterday bar a few highlights but the course doesn't look in as good a condition as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Top 6 does Molinari

Didn't see any of the golf yesterday bar a few highlights but the course doesn't look in as good a condition as normal

Tommy in pole position currently, Frankie tied 11th, this could go down to the wire. Might be set for a molliwood contest.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Top 6 does Molinari

The greens are more "grainy" (per Lowry yesterday in the commentary box) which is impacting the roll of the ball around the hole as there are sudden breaks, they have also put pins where they have never been before.

Perhaps want to turnaround the birdiefest?

Other that that looked grand to me, remember they have also had a bumper Summer and its still hotter than normal over there

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

Article here about Cormac Sharvin getting a 2 shot penalty for teeing up a few inches ahead of the tee markers on the 7th hole yesterday.

https://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2018/11/16/two-shot-penalty-costs-sharvin-at-q-school

paulos53 wrote: »
    Article here about Cormac Sharvin getting a 2 shot penalty for teeing up a few inches ahead of the tee markers on the 7th hole yesterday.

https://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2018/11/16/two-shot-penalty-costs-sharvin-at-q-school

Ouch

Hopefully comes out stronger the far side

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Fair play to Willett for winning again. Still only 31 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

NDWC wrote: »
    Fair play to Willett for winning again. Still only 31 too.

I'm delighted for the guy. He's had a tough couple of years but it sounds like he has just worked really hard on his game, and it has paid off. I always felt that the Ryder Cup fiasco (which was very badly handled by Darren Clark IMO) must have been very hard on him. He's a damned good player and it's great to see him back in the top 100.

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm delighted for the guy. He's had a tough couple of years but it sounds like he has just worked really hard on his game, and it has paid off. I always felt that the Ryder Cup fiasco (which was very badly handled by Darren Clark IMO) must have been very hard on him. He's a damned good player and it's great to see him back in the top 100.

He should have disowned his brother after what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He should have disowned his brother after what he did.

from Wiki
    "Danny Willett successively distanced himself and apologised for his brother's comments, although he later defended his brother's comments as correct"

Not a terribly smart approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

gimli2112 wrote:
    from Wiki "Danny Willett successively distanced himself and apologised for his brother's comments, although he later defended his brother's comments as correct"

His brother was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ligerdub wrote: »
    His brother was right.

quite possibly but you probably shouldn't endorse the sentiment if you are a professional golfer. if you like money that is.

ligerdub wrote: »
    His brother was right.

His brother is an absolute Moron. I remember an interview he gave at the time. The word moron is probably not strong enough tbh.

Good to see Portrane native Gavin Moynihan playing well once again. Moynihan who just about secured his European Tour card, with a shot to spare in Spain, two weeks ago is in the top 10 in the Mauritius Open in round two. The Dubliner is currently 5 under for the day and 8 under for the tournament through 11 holes. Keep it lit Gavin!

As everyone would be aware, he had a extremely challenging 2018 and only secured his first pay cheque of the year in the unofficial GolfSixes event, where he and Paul Dunne both won E100,000 each for winning the event. He missed the cut in his 1st 14 events of the year. But from June onwards there were signs of an resurgence of form, for the Mount Juliet attached golfer, culminating in a top 10 finish in the Valderrama Masters last month. Hopefully a sign that Gavin has turned the tide in his favour. He is set to conclude his golfing year with two co-sanctioned events in South Africa after this.

Gavin Moynihan has finished his second round of the Mauritius Open. He carded a 7 under par round of 65 to finish the day at 10 under for the championship after 36 holes. He is currently in 5th on his own. Brilliant performance by Gav so far. Right in the mix for his first individual professional title. Best of luck to him over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Good to see Moynihan continue his good run of late.

Curious writing style you have there ready4liftoff. Bit of half man, half golf journalist going on there. Or maybe there were just some quotation marks missing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Tie for 11th in the end for Moynihan and he takes home €16,700. Good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

With new points structure this year anyone know what roughly needed to retain a card?

Advertisement