Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Julian Suri imploding at the moment, just gone over and back the green twice....after 3 putting the previous hole when he drove the green!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Julian Suri imploding at the moment, just gone over and back the green twice....after 3 putting the previous hole when he drove the green!

And tops it off with a 3 putt for a quad bogey from the middle of the fairway.

Savage looking course also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

No European Tour event this week. Instead the Challenge, Seniors and Ladies tours have combined for a mixed event in Jordan

The course for the Challenge Tour players measures around 7100 yards, 6600 yards for the Seniors and 6100 yards for the women.

Daan Huizing (Challenge Tour) leads on -8 after round 1. Meghan MacLaren is best of the Ladies on -7 while Barry Lane and Miguel Angel Martin are best of the Seniors on -5.

Cormac Sharvin (-4) is best of the Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

Very distressing news coming out of Asia today. Malaysian golfer Arie Irawan who just 2 weeks ago played in the Maybank Championship, a co-sanctioned event between the Asian and European tours, in his native Malaysia, has died at the far too young age of 28. He was playing in a PGA Tour China Series event in Hainan Island in China this week. Very sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family, parents and friends of Arie at this most difficult of times at present. A sad time for Malaysian and Asian golf.

Rest in Peace Arie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭paulos53

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

4 European tour event in Africa this season, we've yet to see them in Europe, summer starts next week.

Looks a nice course, conditions better today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

4 European tour event in Africa this season, we've yet to see them in Europe, summer starts next week.

Looks a nice course, conditions better today.

Expect a rebrand of the European Tour in the next 3 years. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Watching a fairly good effort by Sky, Fleetwood and Molinari on European Tour at British Masters. It is all a bit forced and at times and a bit naff.

But lack of posting here. I think have we all given up on European Tour at this stage ?

Being honest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Watching a fairly good effort by Sky, Fleetwood and Molinari on European Tour at British Masters. It is all a bit forced and at times and a bit naff.

But lack of posting here. I think have we all given up on European Tour at this stage ?

Being honest ?
    Just watched that as well and it was very good. The main problem with the European tour is the timing on tv. Either overnight or early afternoon. There’s nothing better than a good finish to a US event on a Sunday to wind down the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Being honest ?

Nah, it's on tv in morning/afternoon so people less likely to watch as be out playing at those times.

That and will probably get more posts now that it's in Europe

Mushy wrote: »
    That and will probably get more posts now that it's in Europe

Yeah first European tour event on European soil in 7 months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Being honest ?

Tournament has been a great success for the European Tour...and that's on fairly short notice running it.

Great final day in progress here. All to play for going into the back 9.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,361 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Delighted for Kinault. Great final putt to win it

Wallace acted like a grade A cnut hammering the green with his putter after he missed the putt on 18. I always liked him, but that was just cnutish!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Rikand wrote: »
    Delighted for Kinault. Great final putt to win it

Wallace acted like a grade A cnut hammering the green with his putter after he missed the putt on 18. I always liked him, but that was just cnutish!

Think he has always come across as a bit of a clown and that confirmed it along with the prank video with Eddie pepperall

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Great final round so far by Moynihan in Denmark. After the brutal back 9 he had on Thursday he has done great to get in contention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

Gavin Moynihan just 2 shots off the lead in the Made in Denmark. Moynihan is at 7 under, 6 under for the final round through 14 holes. Paul Dunne is 2 shots further off at 5 under thru 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Any chance of the min number of points on euro tour dropping for some events?

Strength of field this week is 33 points.

Must be close to a record low

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Migliozzi wins for the second time in his rookie year. Into the top 100 in the world, huge career ahead by the looks of things.

I’ve noticed lately sky seemed to take the Europe tour feed and give a commentator or two instead of just using same tv coverage but own commentators. Didn’t stop Roe appearing in Spain

I guess it’s cost cutting it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tommy Bjorn has put on a lot of weight. He has a rather majestic Ned Kelly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Could be piggy backing The Golf Channel....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Tommy Bjorn has put on a lot of weight. He has a rather majestic Ned Kelly.

Drinks 30 pints a day I'd say

Lowry centre fold of the app

What has happened to beef? Ranking has fallen away. Just lost form or did his time in USA wreck his game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Trampas wrote: »
    What has happened to beef? Ranking has fallen away. Just lost form or did his time in USA wreck his game?
    He's had a pretty tough time of it by his own account. Got too famous too quick and it put huge pressure on him. Hope he's able to recover and get back to playing good golf.

Advertisement