Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good to see Sully coming back into some form, he's a great character.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Good to see Sully coming back into some form, he's a great character.
    Don't know if you've seen it or not, but he did this a few months ago. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

When did the EuropeanTour bring in the 3rd round cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He's had a pretty tough time of it by his own account. Got too famous too quick and it put huge pressure on him. Hope he's able to recover and get back to playing good golf.

I found myself really rooting for him today after reading that article. Delighted to see him have such a good round today, but a shame about that dropped shot on the 18th. Be nice to see him make into into next week after that round, but may be one shot too many?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Delighted for Beef.

Very poor attendance, a handful of people watching the leaders on the 1st green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Trampas wrote: »

Well spotted. First time seeing this. Maybe just for Rolex series events? I know on friday it was looking like -6 to make the cut but -5 snook in and around 80 made it.

Scotland’s snootiest pitch n putt course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Couple of years ago. 65 plus ties make second round cut but if 78+ players make that there is a further third round cut to as close to 72 as possible, either over it or under ie if 67 players are at par or better and 11 are on one over they’ll cut to 67.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

razorblunt wrote: »
    Delighted for Beef.

Very poor attendance, a handful of people watching the leaders on the 1st green.

The attendance is shocking, there's a playoff up the 18th and the grandstand behind the green is barely half full

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

NDWC wrote:
    The attendance is shocking, there's a playoff up the 18th and the grandstand behind the green is barely half full

Its 8.30 on Sunday night. Almost everyone has a long way to get home. A playoff between an Austrian and a Frenchman isn't going to keep them.

First Up wrote: »
    Its 8.30 on Sunday night. Almost everyone has a long way to get home. A playoff between an Austrian and a Frenchman isn't going to keep them.

Fair point, it'd make you wonder why they have it on so late, even without the playoff they wouldn't have been finished until well after 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

NDWC wrote: »
    Fair point, it'd make you wonder why they have it on so late, even without the playoff they wouldn't have been finished until well after 7.

I was wondering why this was on much later than the Irish open. This is terrible for a Rolex event.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Renaissance probably wanted to maximise any American crowds, that place is mad for them.

Maybe avoiding a clash with Wimbledon but they probably weren't anticipating a 3-4 hole play-off.

The standard of this playoff has been shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Mushy wrote: »
    I was wondering why this was on much later than the Irish open. This is terrible for a Rolex event.

Apparently they played the 2nd round of a a disability competition b4 the main event,won by a young Irish fella. HEBERT really choked on all 3 playoff holes,Weisberger wins

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

Two horrendous 3 putts from Hebert . Rare you’d see that at this level . Pressure the only explanation

Mushy wrote: »

Geared towards getting a big American audience so they’ll try keep it as late as possible.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Middle of summer and nothing for tour pros to play for 5 weeks. Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Middle of summer and nothing for tour pros to play for 5 weeks. Awful stuff

And yet they have prostituted themselves to the awful and unethical desert swing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

WGC next weekend, loads of European players will be there then just a two weekends of no golf before the Czech Masters.
    Not quite 5 weeks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    WGC next weekend, loads of European players will be there then just a two weekends of no golf before the Czech Masters.
    Not quite 5 weeks

Every player who has a tour card isn’t guaranteed entry into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

European tour just announced new slow play play rules.
    Introducing stroke penalties and all. This will be very interesting.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=374910.html

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Cormac Sharvin looking good to pick up his card this week

Remind me wrote: »
    Cormac Sharvin looking good to pick up his card this week

Where is he playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

First Up wrote: »
    Where is he playing?

Rolex trophy in Switzerland on challenge tour. It’s a limited field too and he is going well. Think today is final round

Gavin Moynihan going well in the Scandinavian tied 4th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Brilliant second place finish for Sharvin, very unlucky not to make a play off or get the win, -8 today, -22 total is some going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Matt Fitzpatrick looking for an outrageous drop, after fluting around with ref the ref says no and Billy Foster turns to camera and say he's glad as otherwise it looks to the guys at home that your cheating and to get on with it.
    Good man Billy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rory's group (second last out) including Schwab and Ormsby are the joint leaders right now. All on -12 and the only ones on that score. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

• Advertisement

Great finish here, five currently tied for the lead, four of them finished with Andres Romero looking for a birdie on 18 to win

Advertisement