Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

abff wrote: »
    Have to feel a bit sorry for Ken Duke.

Spoke too soon my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Spoke too soon my friend :)

Am I losing my mind? I could have sworn that Stroud was shown on the pgatour website as having won the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

abff wrote: »
    Am I losing my mind? I could have sworn that Stroud was shown on the pgatour website as having won the playoff.

It was. PGA site leaderboard has been infested with gremlins this week, pretty sure they had a leaderboard up for ages on Friday that was from last years tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Super finish. 3 almost identical drives by Stroud on the 18th.

Super blow-up by bubba with a triple on the par 3 16th. Caddy shouldn't have turned up.

Fehertys commentary is class :pac:

"Oh nurse...."

"TRIPLE!...with cheese"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Didn't see any of it last night, that's bad form by Bubba, used to like him but that has completely changed now. At the end of the day he hit the club and he knows as well as the caddy what club goes what distance. I don't like that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Wish I had a caddy to blame my sh1t shots on. Bad form from Bubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He didn't cover himself in any glory on the back 9 on Saturday either!
    Had a string of bad holes and all of a sudden everything was putting him off.

Had bitchy words with a member of the crowd at one of the tees for talking... fair enough, that shouldn't be done, but his reaction was that of a spoiled brat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Jesus poor Bubba, he has a mini meltdown/rant and all the noobs come down on him like a ton of bricks, who'd be a pro golfer!.

david-k wrote: »
    Jesus poor Bubba, he has a mini meltdown/rant and all the noobs come down on him like a ton of bricks, who'd be a pro golfer!.

I'm sure when he gets out from under that "ton of bricks" that he'll be ok.
    He'd probably be more insulted by someone using his lords name in vain for what it's worth :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

spoilt little f*cker if you ask me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I missed the meltdown. If anyone has a link, I'd love to see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I missed the meltdown. If anyone has a link, I'd love to see it :)

post 276

post 276

/facepalm myself

/facepalm myself

Actually I was browsing on a browser that has videos disabled earlier on so the youtube video didnt show up :)

so I'm not gone totally blind yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Didn't see any of it last night, that's bad form by Bubba, used to like him but that has completely changed now. At the end of the day he hit the club and he knows as well as the caddy what club goes what distance. I don't like that at all.

He was twitchy and nervous all round.

He did fly off the handle but I think he saw the funny side a hole or two later and I think no harm was done.

Watson had played that hole three times before so he should have known what club to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Is bubba not add/ADHD ? Kinds of explains a lot of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Wish I had a caddy to blame my sh1t shots on. Bad form from Bubba.

Thats the way it works for them.

Too long or too short, they blame the caddy.

To the left or the right, they blame the coach.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Is bubba not add/ADHD ? Kinds of explains a lot of this.

I think he is. Hard to know at times if he's gonna throttle his caddie or burst into tears. Quite a character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really like Stricker in the US this week, course suits and he had a nice first round. Out in an hour or so and I'd expect him to be right up there after today.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I really like Stricker in the US this week, course suits and he had a nice first round. Out in an hour or so and I'd expect him to be right up there after today.

Don't think so, still remember him looking like a nervous wreck during the Ryder C, he will crumble when the pressure builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Don't think so, still remember him looking like a nervous wreck during the Ryder C, he will crumble when the pressure builds.

Bit harsh. Didn't he get to 3rd in the world? Don't do that by crumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Huh? 8 pga tour wins in a little over four years including this one three times in that period.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Didn't he get to 3rd in the world?

Consistent alright, but never had what it takes in the Big 'uns, scaling back his tourneys also, not even travelling to the Open.

Consistent alright, but never had what it takes in the Big 'uns, scaling back his tourneys also, not even travelling to the Open.

And is this week a "Big 'un"???
    Ill informed initial comment backed up by irrelevant points.
    FYI, he's not far off 50, he's announced long ago about reducing his schedule.... Not sure how that relates to crumbling though

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    And is this week a "Big 'un"???

Of course not, that point was in relation to his becoming 3 in the world without winning a major, read the post properly before making yourself look foolish.

When he bottles it on Sunday it will merely serve as a microcosm of his career: a moderately successful journeyman.

And try to stay out of the sun, it's clearly making you irritable.

Of course not, that point was in relation to his becoming 3 in the world without winning a major, read the post properly before making yourself look foolish.

When he bottles it on Sunday it will merely serve as a microcosm of his career: a moderately successful journeyman.

And try to stay out of the sun, it's clearly making you irritable.

I'm not in the sun but thanks.

I've read your posts, highlights include
    1. Not understanding how there is a betting market for golf
    2. Dismissing a guy in a tournament (that he's won 3 times) because you think he's a bottler

2nd Playoff of the day, Spieth, Zach & Hearne onto the 4th hole of their playoff.
    Great playoff so far, all three have had chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Unbelievable day of golf, Hearn will be sick if he loses this after missing that putt.

Some dude shot 59 on the Web.com tour as well

• Advertisement

Still can't believe Zach went for that 2nd shot. A chip out, leaving himself a full wedge and a putt for par had to be the option, especially with neither of the other two were in good shape.

Fair play to Spieth, some result and season so far for a 19 year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement