Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This will be a hard watch this weekend, and not just cos of the time difference. Was on honeymoon in hawaii, Maui is absolutely amazing, stayed bout 15 minutes from the course although never went up that way.

Pilot pointed out Tigers house when leaving and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see on the web.com tour event in the Bahamas at the moment, the cut was +11 due to insane weather.

One of the pro's, Greg Eason, lost 32 balls over two days, shooting 91-95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I see Seamus Power is in the field for the Sony Open in Hawaii tonight. Not teeing off until 11:30pm Irish time however.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Justin Thomas with a 59! He's certainly on form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Pffffft, Jim Furyk lols in the face of that meagre 59!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just seen the highlights of his round. Started with an eagle and finished with one too.
    A nice 5iron from a fairway bunker on his 18th to 12foot and rolled in the putt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Keano wrote: »
    Justin Thomas with a 59! He's certainly on form

Yes and to finish it off with an eagle on the last from a fairway bunker 200+ yards, was amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Nice to see Seamus Power off to a good start at the Career Builder Challenge. 5 under after 16 holes, and that includes a double bogey.

Paddy, Shane and Seamus all in action tonight at the Farmers Open. Probably won't get much coverage with Tiger, DJ and Day out in the one group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

HighLine wrote: »
    Paddy, Shane and Seamus all in action tonight at the Farmers Open. Probably won't get much coverage with Tiger, DJ and Day out in the one group.

until they take a 3 way tie for the lead into day 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Anyone know what time Tiger's group are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

6.40 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Seve OB wrote: »
    until they take a 3 way tie for the lead into day 2 :D

Even then

A 602 yard hole and on in 2 for Day and DJ. With hardly any roll so nearly all carry. Different game.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/824727119049752576

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Harrington shoots 2 over , hitting 2 of 14 fairways and 8 out of 18 greens . Insane !

5 hours and 20 minutes. For a 3-ball to play 18 holes. :eek::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Harrington shoots 2 over , hitting 2 of 14 fairways and 8 out of 18 greens . Insane !

Power 2 over as well. Lowry -1 after a very up and down round.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

5 hours and 20 minutes. For a 3-ball to play 18 holes. :eek::mad:

Ya, was a very boring Thursday to watch, so much time wasted watching JD with his eyes closed stepping in and back again and Tiger looking for balls in the rough. OK, his first round back but it's a big field, they could do with spreading the coverage a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Shane Lowry going well today - 3 under for his first nine (back nine).

• Advertisement

Jon rahm.... Another star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a fantastic eagle putt on the 18th. Game, set and match to him:).

Waste Management Phoenix Open tonight... always a good show. Matsuyama is up there on the leaderboard again... he will get a major soon and possibly the first of the year.

Waste Management Phoenix Open tonight... always a good show. Matsuyama is up there on the leaderboard again... he will get a major soon and possibly the first of the year.

Could be a good tournament, few good names up near the top atm. Have a small bet on Matsuyama so hopefully he continues the way he's started today. Very solid stuff.

Well this is an interesting choice of club :D

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/827596862827884544

Splash from Harrington on the last.......that will probably give him the weekend off.

I do love that 16th hole. :D

Some buzz for Rickie's group! Love it.

• Advertisement

It's so un-golf like we know it.......bit of fun.....and that seems to be the way the players see it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

With all due respects to Nick DOUGHTERY, he's as thick as the first syllable of his name. Bring back Robert Lee.......no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

delaad wrote: »
    With all due respects to Nick DOUGHTERY, he's as thick as the first syllable of his name. Bring back Robert Lee.......no!

Ah but he has a fine looking Mrs :D

delaad wrote: »

I used to hate him.....thought he was a right prat. I think he's not bad now, but I far far prefer Rob Lee.

Don't mind Nick as an occasional analyst - former tour pro gives him some creds.

But as an anchor he has a bit to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus lads, I was gonna come on to state how impressed I am with Nick Dougherty.

He has to start somewhere. I remember when Rob Lee started he was horrible.

Nick's got a good voice/look for it anyway and expresses himself v well - very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

First Up wrote: »
    Don't mind Nick as an occasional analyst - former tour pro gives him some creds.

But as an anchor he has a bit to go.

Yes, but those bloody shoes are horrendous.

What was said does anyone know at the last tee box?

What was said does anyone know at the last tee box?

Strange one. Didn't hear anything during the swing. Unless it was a camera flash.

Strange one. Didn't hear anything during the swing. Unless it was a camera flash.

Sky Sports seemed to be suggesting it was something pretty bad.

Lowry playing some good golf in horrid conditions right now over at Pebble Beach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I swear to god, some of these guys would prefer to play golf indoors. Whining about the wind

Tom.D.BJJ wrote:
    I swear to god, some of these guys would prefer to play golf indoors. Whining about the wind

It is pretty rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

First Up wrote: »
    It is pretty rough.

Its seaside links. Its windy most of the time.

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

Maybe you saw a shot of Spyglass Hill or Monterey? Pebble Beach is really horrible weather wise.... 40mph gusts and wet.

Although Shane dropped one at the last, it's still a great score considering he was on the trickiest course today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Maybe you saw a shot of Spyglass Hill or Monterey? Pebble Beach is really horrible weather wise.... 40mph gusts and wet.

Although Shane dropped one at the last, it's still a great score considering he was on the trickiest course today.

I think spyglass is the toughest on a fine day, forecast is good for the rest of the competition so unlucky to get pebble on the bad day. 10 of the top 40 on pebble today so seems like it was the worst today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Anyone else get a bit of enjoyment from watching these boys suffer, for a change,like this? lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Well this has been a horribly boring Sunday at Pebble, Spieth incredibly steady and no one close enough making a run

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

It's a good job the scenery is nice!

3pm local time and lots of big names just started their rounds and the Golf Channel (and hence Sky) have gone off air. :mad:

3pm local time and lots of big names just started their rounds and the Golf Channel (and hence Sky) have gone off air. :mad:

Presumably Golf Channel are geared to Eastern time.....but very annoying all right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement