Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭bren2001

charlieIRL wrote: »
    When are sky loosing their coverage? See Canadian Open is listed for the weekend

Sky only lost the PGA Championship, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

bren2001 wrote: »
    Sky only lost the PGA Championship, nothing else.

Did they? Who has it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Hofman with a Branden Grace ruling. Chappell calling it for what it is...bull****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

idle wrote: »
    Hofman with a Branden Grace ruling. Chappell calling it for what it is...bull****!

Crazy, I can see members in the club using that in the future if they don't like their lie. If you get a bad stance anywhere in bunker you do your best with it, one foot out of the bunker etc etc. Would be different if there was a danger of hitting the base with your club but that never seemed to be the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Fair play to Chappell, that was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The 18th seemed a bit short for a par 5, was the tee moved up?

For example Vegas hit 8 iron from the bunker on his second shot, hit the lip and still made the green. Gutsy shot with the water there though, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

idle wrote: »

I hate that rubbish - delighted he lost the play off......besides, I like Vegas anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

vienne86 wrote: »
    I hate that rubbish - delighted he lost the play off......besides, I like Vegas anyway.

What was the ruling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Free drop in bunker, because his feet dug through all the sand. ridiculous!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Said back at the time that the Grace ruling was farcical... as was last night's decision. Love Chappell calling him out on it though :D

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/891758510018527233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

A far cry from the time Darren Clarke played out sideways from the rough when the crowd trampled down the grass where his ball had been marked overnight.

Did his playing partner really say "look at that sh*t eating grin on his face" to the referee? That's what it sounded like to me.

abff wrote: »
    A far cry from the time Darren Clarke played out sideways from the rough when the crowd trampled down the grass where his ball had been marked overnight.

Did his playing partner really say "look at that sh*t eating grin on his face" to the referee? That's what it sounded like to me.

He did. They are however close friends and my guess was that Hoffman gave him a grin as he walked away from the bunker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

I just hurt my back....watching Jason Day hit driver. He wont be playing golf like that in even 5 years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Just looking at the bottom end of the leaderboard from yesterday and it's a sobering experience. Jason Dufner +6, Danny Willett +6, Billy Horschel +6 and Patrick Reed +5.

It's a cruel game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just looking at the bottom end of the leaderboard from yesterday and it's a sobering experience. Jason Dufner +6, Danny Willett +6, Billy Horschel +6 and Patrick Reed +5.

It's a cruel game. :(

?

Not sure what point you're making? Willett fair enough he's going through a major slump in form but the others just had bad rounds on a tough course, not too much to read into.

?

Not sure what point you're making? Willett fair enough he's going through a major slump in form but the others just had bad rounds on a tough course, not too much to read into.
    I think they're all in slumps tbh. Billy Horschel has missed 8 cuts this year. Dufner not so many, but his only top ten finish was a win. Reed has 5 missed cuts and two top tens out of 22. That's a big drop on last year's eleven top tens including a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

I think they're all in slumps tbh. Billy Horschel has missed 8 cuts this year. Dufner not so many, but his only top ten finish was a win. Reed has 5 missed cuts and two top tens out of 22. That's a big drop on last year's eleven top tens including a win.

Horschel is one of the 'stars' that moved to PXG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Jason Day is becoming a bigger moan bag by the week, getting increasingly difficult to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

JDay on fire.

• Advertisement

JDay on fire.
    He was having back problems. The weather delay came at just the right time for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Any reason why the crowds are so small at the WGC Bridgestone, looks to be barely anyone watching .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

He was having back problems. The weather delay came at just the right time for him.

He's crocked. Will be lucky to play 4 rounds.
    His swing is a back wrecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

for a lad with a bad back - Days swing is crazy fast an very jerky.

I'm sorry. He's acting like a dope. Back at him all of a sudden -5 they 9 the back is grand. He's a dose. Middle of fairway his back is grand. Rough it's crocked.

Clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

AGC wrote: »
    I'm sorry. He's acting like a dope. Back at him all of a sudden -5 they 9 the back is grand. He's a dose. Middle of fairway his back is grand. Rough it's crocked.

Clown

:D:D:D:D

I apologies for alcohol but my god it's terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

AGC wrote: »
    I apologies for alcohol but my god it's terrible

I'm sober as a judge and he's still patethic.

No Sky coverage until 7 for a WGC? Can't blame the host broadcasters this time because I've been watching a stream of the golf channel showing it live for over an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote:
    No Sky coverage until 7 for a WGC? Can't blame the host broadcasters this time because I've been watching a stream of the golf channel showing it live for over an hour.

Its been on the Red Button for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Awful bunker shot by Pieters. Mcillroy will only be 2 behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Rory's putting is off. He seems to be over reading the greens - missing on the high side too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Zach Johnson made him look very ordinary out there. Apart from a big drive nothing else doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

His wedge play is infuriating. The distances he leaves for putts, I'm happy with that and I don't officially have a handicap (16 was last official)

In saying that, his drive on 16 must be annoying for him. Hits it well, trickles into divot, forced to lay up. When the luck is out, it's out

Mushy wrote: »
    His wedge play is infuriating. The distances he leaves for putts, I'm happy with that and I don't officially have a handicap (16 was last official)

In saying that, his drive on 16 must be annoying for him. Hits it well, trickles into divot, forced to lay up. When the luck is out, it's out

We saw the two sides to him on 16, 322 carry down the middle off the tee (but got unlucky), but that wedge shot was awful. He whiffed it, you could see him give it a bit extra on the follow through, I'd say he thought it was in the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What time does Rory tee off Irish Time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

What time does Rory tee off Irish Time?

6:35 out with russel knox

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Podge_H

Pieters having a mare on the greens, wouldn't begrudge Hoffman the win.

Podge_H wrote: »
    Pieters having a mare on the greens, wouldn't begrudge Hoffman the win.

I would after that ruling last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Matsuyama was just magnificent tonight. Pure exhibition of the highest quality golf I have seen in a long time. Serious contender for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

some round from Matsuyama no catching him today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

some round from Matsuyama no catching him today..

That's my pick for next week gone, no value in him now.

That's my pick for next week gone, no value in him now.

Got him yesterday, just in time :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

3-putt for Spieth from 9 feet but stays 1 clear of DJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What I would give to just putt like speith for one round. He is insanely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

What I would give to just putt like speith for one round. He is insanely good.

Turn all those NRs in to 1 pointers for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Could do with a bit of pro tracer this week

What a finish on 18!

Some putting display. Jordan at 17th and DJ on 18th. Playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Serious battle between the two lads. Clutch putting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement