Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

My tip Peter Uihlein is moving along quite nicely at -2 in Reno :cool:

Harrington due to start shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Rory making a burst now. 3 birdies in 4 holes, -1 for the round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Bit up and down for Rory but 70 isn't bad at all, tied 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Tigers Iron play was scaringly good yesterday
    and looks like he going to continue that form today, birdied the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Looking forward to watching Tiger's full round this evening. Shame Rory finished with a bogey to leave him 1 over.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching Tiger's full round this evening. Shame Rory finished with a bogey to leave him 1 over.

it should be fun, he's just eagled the second
    -3 after 2 holes is always fun ...
    a 59 would be nice to watch

Just saw that - looking ominous for the rest of the field.

*edit - make that birdie eagle birdie start. Impressive.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just saw that - looking ominous for the rest of the field.

*edit - make that birdie eagle birdie start. Impressive.

mental !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye and other birdie. Wow. Can't wait for the coverage to start now. Can't beat watching him when he is on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Martin567

Fair play to Tiger but I won't be watching any of this event over the weekend if it pans out the way it is at the moment. For me, the scenario where Tiger takes charge in the middle of the 2nd round and runs away from the field is the least interesting of all possibilities. I've seen it far too many times before.

• Advertisement

Martin567 wrote: »
    Fair play to Tiger but I won't be watching any of this event over the weekend if it pans out the way it is at the moment. For me, the scenario where Tiger takes charge in the middle of the 2nd round and runs away from the field is the least interesting of all possibilities. I've seen it far too many times before.

each to their own.
    that to me is like saying I wouldn't watch Michael Jordan play basketball or watch Ali fight.

a horrible par, how pathetic :D

But that's like saying you don't want to watch Usain Bolt run away (pun intended) with the 100m sprint.

When Tiger is playing like this, it's like your watching a master at his craft. It's the game of golf being beaten and overcome by the world's greatest player.

each to their own.
    that to me is like saying I wouldn't watch Michael Jordan play basketball or watch Ali fight.

Fair enough but I always found Tiger at his very best to be incredibly dull. Don't get me wrong, the quality of his play was incredible, even faultless. But it was pretty much hit every green in regulation, hole the odd long putt and birdie all the Par 5s. He then has a 65 or 66 without appearing to do anything exciting or interesting.

That's why I think Phil Mickelson is far more exciting to watch as he's much more unpredictable. Tiger is more interesting when he's struggling.

Fair enough but I always found Tiger at his very best to be incredibly dull. Don't get me wrong, the quality of his play was incredible, even faultless. But it was pretty much hit every green in regulation, hole the odd long putt and birdie all the Par 5s. He then has a 65 or 66 without appearing to do anything exciting or interesting.

That's why I think Phil Mickelson is far more exciting to watch as he's much more unpredictable. Tiger is more interesting when he's struggling.

I would say quite the opposite, how many times have we seen him in trouble and do amazing things.

well you just missed his last two holes scrambling for par. Two outstanding up and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tiger hits the front and thats probably that! ha

I would say quite the opposite, how many times have we seen him in trouble and do amazing things.

well you just missed his last two holes scrambling for par. Two outstanding up and downs.

Agreed. He can be an amazing scrambler. But at his very best when he was running away from the fields, he had to do very little scrambling. I've been watching Pro golf for years before I had ever even heard of Tiger. He is undoubtedly the greatest player I've ever seen but I've seen more than enough of him at this stage. The number of Majors that were anti-climactic because of his brilliance led me to dread the sight of his name on the leaderboard on a Friday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Tiger hits the front and thats probably that! ha

a lot of holes to go;)

the man is a freak, another 22 footer to save par. f*ck me

the man is a freak, another 22 footer to save par. f*ck me

Followed up that by sticking it to the pin on the par 3. He's an amazing man.

• Advertisement

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Followed up that by sticking it to the pin on the par 3. He's an amazing man.

yeah, 7 iron, 199 yards :eek:

yeah, 7 iron, 199 yards :eek:

With it being a par 70, and him knowing the place so well he has got to be thinking of 59. -5 through 7.

6 under after 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Ridiculous iron play from woods :eek:

This is just a joy to watch. Come on 59!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 man3003

unreal to watch, when he's on this kind of form he's 2-3 shots a round better than everyone else.

You're missing out.

delighted I didn't go to the boozer tonight and miss this !!

And another 20 footer drops. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I hope the doping tent pulls tiger in after this.

It's outrageous!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement